Spike760

Dir en grey

3 hours ago, Xetem said:

It's not my opinion when I can prove it. Anyone that isn't tone deaf can hear that there's usually something wrong with how he sings a majority of the time. 

Take a listen to Hageshi Sato, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsui Ta Shakunetsu No Yami live and tell me there's nothing wrong.

Listen to the chorus in the live version.  

Now listen to the Chorus in the studio version. 

You can't seriously tell me that there's nothing wrong with that? 

Or maybe you can.

It's funny that with this live clip you have chosen an example of Kyo singing perfectly fine - of course the studio version has several dubbing vocals but you did get this, right? There are other examples from the BUDOKAN LIVE Blu-Ray, however, which would have illustrated your (overexaggerated) point that he sometimes doesn't hit the right notes. But I think that in a live performance you can forgive these few instances, especially considering the technical ability and variablity of Kyo's vocal performance.

Other than that you have basically made it clear to everybody that you are rather pretentious and obviously struggle to derive a serious and productive comment from your strong opinions (which are a 100% the product of your subjective perception and not a fact or the truth at all).

Edited by VESSMIER

@XetemYour attempt at trying to rile people up would've worked in Batsu during its Golden years.

Nice try though. Despite where on the spectrum people may lie in regards to their feelings about Dir en grey, a lot of this stuff....we've managed come to a "consensus" about.

Kyo was at his worst during the Withering tour where he was basically just shouting at the top of his lungs every night and losing his breath during every song. The live performance of Garbage on the Clever Sleazoid single is a perfect example: he couldn't get all the lyrics out, and the growling parts ("ladies and gentleman" and "please die") were actually backing tracks. 

But it sit down and watch the Arche Budokan lives. Kyo ain't perfect, but he's come a long way. 

EDIT:  just noticed the example of "bad singing" was from the Arche live, which is the best Kyo has ever sounded. He isn't "off", he's singing only one of the three vocal overdubs. 

Edited by Saishu

I am pretty sure they will release an Album before 2.2.17 because it's their 20th anniversary

also it is said there will be a new best of this year too

I think i read that on the official HP

Edit:

yep was on their official HP

BEST ALBUM企画発動…!

For the singing. Kyo war pretty good last summer when i saw him live in Nagoya and Osaka. Okay some wrong notes, but who cares?!

It's stunning that he sings that high parts some songs perfectly fine even higher on a live.

And for the layereds vocal parts...well, he can't sing three lines live the same time, that just does not work XD

Edited by Waru Chibi
looked up the news page of DeG

They should just let Kaoru sing the other vocal lines

admin unhide our beef that was fun!!! #freexetem

Edited by emmny

I really like that 詩踏み is heavier than most of ARCHE but I don't understand why they keep dumbing down the guitar riffs. Most of this song could be played on one string. They had some really interesting riffs on DSS but since ARCHE (even The Unraveling to a lesser extent) the guitar playing is pretty boring. This song seems to have remedied the lack of vocal variety on ARCHE but hopefully the new album will have some more interesting riffs and song structures. I mean the first and second verses in this song are basically identical. I actually like this song a lot for what it is (especially the varied shouts screams and growls during the verses and the refreshing use of non-falsetto clean singing in the chorus) but I'd like a return to the more creative/progressive feel of Uroboros/DSS.

Edited by Kelrya

i wish they stuck utafumi on arche instead of the inferno and put tefutefu as a single in utafumi's place

tefutefu totally has single potential and is fkin amazing i wish it got the attention it deserved.

DEG performing and zero and Tefutefu live proves they belong on Arche and aren't just throwaway tracks. 

I initially hated The inferno, but it slowly grew on me. The 2.06 performance of it on the Arche Budokan DVD is killer. 

Not a huge fan of The Inferno. I normally dig this kind of track from them, but something about it is hard to get into.

yeah tefu tefu is also an awesome live track and I am a huge fan of And Zero <3

The inferno is nothing i get a friend with but it's the same with tsumi to kisei which i only like on a live XD

reminded me of vulgar as much as utafumi, i kind of assumed they were using tefutefu as a sort of test for whatever the new album will sound like, and thats why ita a bonus disc song. I think its great but i also feel like it belongs on arches bonus disc and in the live performances. Kind of like rasetsukoku was on dss bonus and got played live plenty but ofc that was a remake

Of course it is always sweet when there is an awesome track on their b sides and not just some filler. Of course their Unplugged tracks are amazing, I would like to see a separate release from them strictly acoustic.

Acoustic Arche?

16 minutes ago, Puriwate said:

I want the (before construction) version of everything after hearing dozing green before construction 

Yep I actually prefer the before construction version

2 hours ago, Waru Chibi said:

I'd love to have symphonic album of Dir en grey or yes, some piano releases *_*

The bonus disc of DUM SPIRO SPERO at Budokan was basically this. Virtually every track was either symphonic, acoustic, or one of those weird 'crossover' electroacoustic mixes.

yeah but it's not all dum spiro spero releases. I have that Bonus CD too, and serveral others but still there are more songs i would like to have a special edit version. And mostly i don't like their weired remixes. some are good for my most aren't my taste

5 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

The bonus disc of DUM SPIRO SPERO at Budokan was basically this. Virtually every track was either symphonic, acoustic, or one of those weird 'crossover' electroacoustic mixes.

It needs to be a proper orchestra though. I think some of the more elaborate ones were all synths.