Chain repulsion

Cause of fickleness

Midwife

Revelation of mankind

The inferno

Tousei

Kuukoku no Kyouon

Un deux

I think my next project will be to use the Arche Budokan menu music as the opening SE, then put And Zero in the middle to split the heavier material from the softer stuff. 

22 hours ago, Saishu said:

I think my next project will be to use the Arche Budokan menu music as the opening SE, then put And Zero in the middle to split the heavier material from the softer stuff. 

At the US shows, they opened with "And Zero" and closed with "Un Deux". "Un Deux" as an ending leaves you wanting more. :)

1 minute ago, Dillinger said:

At the US shows, they opened with "And Zero" and closed with "Un Deux". "Un Deux" as an ending leaves you wanting more. :)

they did not open with and zero xD

at least not in San Francisco

Edited by rekzer

Is it just me or did the live producers start to include audience shots more frequently? Really digging the 2016.02.06 live right now. Great inferno performance

EDIT oh just noticed it's the budokan performance :D

Edited by DogManX

I haven't really give much of a fuck about Diru as of late. 99% of the time, Kyo can't hit notes properly, anything since Uroboros has been garbage (imo), Kaoru is an awful guitarist, Shinya is an awful drummer., Die is allright... 

not to mention how pretentious they are, (especially Sukekiyo), although you can't be too mad at them. They're Japanese, it's not like they know any better. 

ANYWAY

Someone showed me this video, and I was actually impressed. Probably the best five seconds of Kyo's career. 5:12

41 minutes ago, Xetem said:

[...]

Someone showed me this video, and I was actually impressed. Probably the best five seconds of Kyo's career. 5:12

you should watch more sukekiyo videos then. there's plenty of those "best five seconds". ;)

Kaoru and Shinya are just out of their element.  Kyo has improved ever since his last surgery, but I do think his problem is that he forces his range. If you struggle to do it, don't. 

Yeah in Sukekiyo he sings a lot of those high pitched notes, and I nlove it. I wish i could go back to Japan and see them live there.

It's too long ago that I saw them live.

And I also can't wait to get my copy of Budokan. Sadly and also luckily it's my Birthday present. Sad - My Bday is in October, good - it's a present.

Still I can watch most of it on YT already.

3 hours ago, rekzer said:

is it weird that I enjoyed that? ._. 

listened to more of her songs and i'm loving it ._.  she has an amazing voice

Lmao. Lowkey, she's pretty good. 

On 17/07/2016 at 7:48 AM, Xetem said:

99% of the time, Kyo can't hit notes properly

He was bad a few years ago when he had tonsillitis followed by nodules in his throat, but everything he's done live since then has been wonderful. Although I haven't seen ARCHE at Budokan yet, I'd say he's a better vocalist now than he ever was. DUM SPIRO SPERO at Budokan was possibly their finest live recording to date (at least, that I've seen).

You're entitled to your opinion, though.

3 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

He was bad a few years ago when he had tonsillitis followed by nodules in his throat, but everything he's done live since then has been wonderful. Although I haven't seen ARCHE at Budokan yet, I'd say he's a better vocalist now than he ever was. DUM SPIRO SPERO at Budokan was possibly their finest live recording to date (at least, that I've seen).

You're entitled to your opinion, though.

It's not my opinion when I can prove it. Anyone that isn't tone deaf can hear that there's usually something wrong with how he sings a majority of the time. 

Take a listen to Hageshi Sato, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsui Ta Shakunetsu No Yami live and tell me there's nothing wrong.

Listen to the chorus in the live version.  

Now listen to the Chorus in the studio version. 

You can't seriously tell me that there's nothing wrong with that? 

Or maybe you can.

Edited by Xetem

''Tone deafness'' is just an opinion

Edited by Tokage

I like that the person who, without anything even resembling a coherent analysis, arrived at the exact statement of Kyo being unable to hit notes "99%" of the time, is using "proof" as their main source of argument.

Tip for next time, try to not use ridiculous exaggerations yourself if you want people to take your complaints seriously, especially if you want to back them up by facts at a later point. It just makes the original point you're trying to make distasteful even to people who might've been inclined to agree with you to a certain extent.

I have some more shocking revelations to deliver to you in case you want to dig some more dirt about the band: Sometimes Kyo uses overdubbed vocals (up to four tracks at once in some parts), sometimes they have more than two guitar parts playing at once in studio tracks which might result in some stuff sounding "trimmed" in a live setting or missing certain things (just in case you want to tell us that Kaoru and Die can't play their parts properly either at a later point, I mean, a real musician would obviously play two guitars at once.). Even more shockingly, sometimes they do things in several takes in a studio (contrary to  "popular belief" it's not done in one take!) so due to human nature a note or two might actually be off sometimes during live performances. This is not exclusive to Dir en grey though, in fact it's common practice in almost every single band, and from this we should arrive at the conclusion that "99%" of the time most musicians can't perform their instruments and should probably just stay in the studio and not perform concerts.

Or we just stop making stupid sensationalist posts intended to rile up fights and try to discuss things without hyperboles instead. But for some reason Dir en grey always seems to attract people who enjoy that kind of things.

"Tone deaf" or not (debatable whether @Xetem meant the certain form of amusia or another lazy criticist cliche), what Kyo has lacked for these years is the amount of stamina needed for these studio efforts which otherwise required many tries to get desired results right. However, as we know (possibly), Kyo's position can be defended as follows:

1) Kyo doesn't do "midriff/diaphragm growls" only - he is still incorporating "incorrect, damaging" grunting he has been doing on MOAB in his latest cookie monster moments. Name at least a couple of artists (no, not retarded picks akin to Dani Filth or Mike Patton with similar issues) who managed to save at least 50 % of their stamina for somewhat okay high-key singing (how I'd describe Kyo during specific parts) while meddling with these damaging grunts etc.

2) Kyo's trademark squeals (once again, the "damaging" mix of vibrato'd whistle register, deranged screaming and shouting) require precice focusing and "allocation" of your stamina unlike traditional screams (if you do them "correctly")...and do you expect him to be always aware of when to focus on getting his fry screaming or tenor belting right?

3) If you ever noticed from Dir's usual setlists, he gets no proper, long "breathing pauses" for his next set of deranged growling/screaming - singing ballads are merely brief and still require a lot of straining from Kyo's vocalcraft (even the simplest effort arrangement-wise "Un Deux" is not that easy to emulate), and for the most part they are beefed inbetween crazy studio-focused numbers. Can you really blame him or the band in overall for such choice then?

So all in all, I am not sure what Xetem is trying to get at with cliched manifest a la "Kyo sucks, he is the weakest link" we have been hearing for a decade or perhaps even more if we consider long-time weebs like myself *clears throat*. Yes, he might be doing his techniques "incorrectly" in a variety of ways, technically speaking. However, would "musically correct approach" improve or actually damage Dir's art and practice of "gender-bending, varied vocal magic" as it has been known among various, open-minded music journo circles? Blaming Kyo for not being able to adapt "99%" (as WB said) to the BAND choices of multi-tracking, dubbing and "one chance, one take"-efforts (e.g. Kyo's freakout during Red Soil etc.) makes any astute, but still respecting listener question your otherwise very conflicting role here.

I am not trying to raise my "BTFO" card here but I wonder - what are you getting at exactly? Do you acknowledge the fact that most of your proofs are merely preaching to the choir? Do you know that we have learned not to mind these minor mistakes in his atypical vocal palette? Are you legitimately trying to adopt classical/conservatory-tier music principles on assessing the ALTERNATIVE/EXPERIMENTAL BAND (which was supposed to be  a standard vk fare at first)?

Would really love to derail this discussion and go for "where they'd go next"-kind of topic for the nth time, but as always - last.fm snobism is always present here...

Edited by Alroy

xetem u failed troll try harder or go back to stanning a guitarist who sounds like a bootleg sugizo clone