Spike760

Dir en grey

As expected from the singles, the songs aren't exactly well-done and don't go anywhere.

Wonder if there'll be a leak like last time when they accidentally sent an early copy to someone that ordered :-P.

That guy mentioned the same complaint i have had with the singles. The drumming is just there, nothing else. In different sense it just whacks along, but take away the other instruments and it is reduced into pointlessness. And i seriously hope they don't have any songs like Tsumi to kisei in there that sound like five minute breakdowns with no hooks and... I'm sorry, i meant sludge(downtuned chug) masterpieces with loads of atmosphere.

So what did he mean with "true metal riffs" ?

Every riff what DEG has done couldn't be considered as something "Iron Maiden-ish" or "Judas Priest-ish" - they've done only drop tuning riffs with a tinge of nu metal so far.

“Progressive,” “free form,” and “experimental” may be the best way to describe DIR EN GREY‘s latest venture.

...my dreams are coming true. This review made me even more excited for the album, if it was even possible. xD

That guy mentioned the same complaint i have had with the singles. The drumming is just there, nothing else. In different sense it just whacks along, but take away the other instruments and it is reduced into pointlessness. And i seriously hope they don't have any songs like Tsumi to kisei in there that sound like five minute breakdowns with no hooks and...
Too often does the music meander about without going anywhere

i fear pretty much the same after DS-single. although hagehage was pretty straightforward and catchy,

lotus wasn't that complex and edgy either (it just seems unfinished and actually might deserve another 30-60seconds, if well placed...).

just different sense so far is more on the hard to get side, which isn't bad, but i think kaoru said these three singles where kind of the "pop"-songs on the album?

i hope this won't be an album full of tsumitokisei-mud, how can a song sound so similar to the great warasu and still fail so bad...?

but i still have high hopes for it, at least i guess it will be something pretty unique and deg have so far always produced something i like listening to :D

Analog also presents a more rich and live sound vs. the electronic distance that digital can present.

might have been the case in early to mid 2000's but nowadays "analog" is just a nice word to flash onto productions,

while mixes/masters made on a midpriced laptop can sound equally good (warm, rich, fat, lively, vintage, whatever).

but it's a differnt style/routine of working nontheless, so if it sounds good it doesn't matter why or how, does it?

The mentioning of TOOL makes everything sounds much better.

But we`ll see, all other people have different ears.

Btw, if it`s actually as `sludgy` as mentioned,

is this mean BORIS and bands alike will be finally acknowledged by hipsters? jk :lol:

Maybe it means Kyo's gonna be vomiting all over the place --> means lots of BR00TAL METALLL , but I hope not :lol: I want more Lotus <3

Are we sure this review is legit? The album isn't out for another five weeks, and some non-professional website gets the first review? I'm not so sure.

The mentioning of TOOL makes everything sounds much better.

But we`ll see, all other people have different ears.

Btw, if it`s actually as `sludgy` as mentioned,

is this mean BORIS and bands alike will be finally acknowledged by hipsters? jk :lol:

Maybe it means Kyo's gonna be vomiting all over the place --> means lots of BR00TAL METALLL , but I hope not :lol: I want more Lotus <3

I hope so too and more than that, that the album will be not brings shame to UROBOROS.

But if 90% of the album will be like second hand cannibal corpse, oh hell go here come.... :lol:

I have big problems beliving that anything on the upcomming album will be sludgy. And Dir en grey will never do a death metal song, so I doubt they'll make anything that's a "second hand Cannibal Corpse".

I might believe the album is sludgy in the same way Tsumi to Kisei was. Which wasn't actually sludge at all, but sounded more like if Korn was trying really hard to play sludge metal.

the whole true metal comment i think is like comparing the heavy riffs of vinushka to Different sense

The Different sense chords are very sludgy (not meaning slow, but thick) and deep, the ones on vinushka are very metal based and thrashy at times. This THRASHY attitude is largely absent from Different Sense, just the fast drums.

I'm expecting most of the album being like DIFFERENT SENSE. It's certainly not going to be soft and it's certainly not going to be WILDLY experimental, maybe enough to be all over the place, but nothing unlistenable

I can't stop myself thinking that Diru is trying to try a bit of punkish sound :mrgreen:

Btw I'm fan of hardcore music but I hope that the new album will also have some melody.

I can't stop myself thinking that Diru is trying to try a bit of punkish sound :mrgreen:

I thought they have been doing this way before WTD, one example is Berry.

That review has got me excited. DIFFERENT SENSE seems to be a representation of most of the things he/she has said about the album a whole.

as for no "singalong choruses" - I don't really agree with that based off the album's first two singles, which had pretty clear chorus sections.

as for no "singalong choruses" - I don't really agree with that based off the album's first two singles, which had pretty clear chorus sections.

the band also said that the rest of the album is going to be a lot heavier. so the lack of sing a long choruses throughout the rest of the album is kind of expected

That's true, just that the review said there was none - that's why i raised that point.

Although, I'm kind of expecting that not every new track is going to be without a chorus or hook of some sort.

Dir en grey have yet to make something heavy, so I don't see why that would be surprising?

Dir en grey have yet to make something heavy, so I don't see why that would be surprising?

I think everyone's definition of heavy is different, or maybe certain people just have no idea. I may be one of those people as I've seen people describe Hageshisa to and even Different Sense as heavy. I agree with those people. I would certainly like to hear something you define as heavy just so I have a better idea of exactly what you're talking about.