Spike760

Dir en grey

Okay, now, you see, to ME.... That wasn't heavy. That was just terrible and annoying.

Oh...

Well, some people are just too deaf for good music.

Hageshisa and DS are nothing close to heavy, yet

Because of their hardcore elements with softy parts (aka choruses)

If that's what "heavy" is I'm glad that's not what Dir en grey does. I hate Black Sabbath and that Boris song was better than the Electric Wizard song. Music like that does nothing for me other than give me a migraine and wonder what possessed them to come up with it in the first place.

But, I digress, then no Hageshisa to and DS aren't heavy and boy am I happy about it.

Whatever :devilwha:

Just waiting for the moment when DEG starts to drop their hard/metal/death/"sludge"/nu/psychocore twists/sound completely.

It's safe to say songs like Different Sense and Hageshisa are heavier than 99% of all other music. They're agressive, dark, fast paced, lots of growling and screaming... they're heavy. No doubt about it. Sure, there is even heavier music of course, but that doesn't mean this isn't.

It's definitely not cool to pretend you "know" more about so called heaviness of music... because you don't.

Anyway, the first minute of DS is still as disgusting to me as before... I just can't get into this stuff.

Lotus has kind of grown on me by now... even though the song feels incomplete, listening to it right after DS is a huge change in a positive way. Renews my faith for a good album.

Dir en grey have yet to make something heavy, so I don't see why that would be surprising?

successfull troll was successfull...

yeah, not heavy? sure... :lol:

+ boris blackout is amazing, but i'd say heavy friends has an even heavier feel :P (hell, its in the name, aaand in the album name...)

People have very different tastes on what is considered "heavy", sure. Some think that anything with a breakdown is "br00tal as fuck", and others seem to think that if it's sludgy (oldcheesy), then it's the spawn of satan.

This is how I've always gauged music based on heavieness: the balance of light and dark elements which are accentuated from such contrasts.

Electric Wizard is NOT HEAVVVYYYYYY. They're boring sludge -- that's it. Bring Me The Horizon is NOT HEAVY, they're just fast riffs and boring break downs. Pattern? Both bands run this very same gimmick into the ground to the point where they are pretty much jokes. Take a band like Dir en grey, or even some tracks by a band I don't really like, the GazettE.

DIFFERENT SENSE is something that I consider one of the most heavier things I've heard in a while because the heavier parts are accented with the lighter soft parts. it makes the song seem heavier and have an overall stronger punch. Stuff like BMTH and Electric Wizard has that INITIAL heavy response, but then it just gets boring after a while. DIFFERENT SENSE? Nope.

LEECH (the GazettE) -- Hell I would consider this very heavy, and more so than most joke-metal posted in this thread. It's able to obtain an overall sick sound but at the same time accentuating lighter undertones which give the song a greater presence.

Heavy is not defined as SLUDGIER THE BETTER, or BREAK DOWNS AND BROKEN FACES BRO, instead I would say it is variety and intangible aspects of music which make it heavy.

if I were a girl these guys would make me all wet.

although they actually got me DAMN wet on the Moscow show last year, but this was all because of CRAZY heat in and outside the venue.

lmao @ this heavy debate again. Almost every dir en grey thread has one douchebag who comes along and decides to call them 'not metal' or 'not heavy'. roll fucking eyes.

Back on topic...

I was listening to the 3 singles today, and I have to say it might be one of the strongest single-combinations they have come up with.

oh yeah, I second that last statement of Tony's.

I fear for my own brain after listening to the whole thing.

it's not like I'm easy to break but it's DIR EN GREY's most weird release we're talking about.

although I couldn't get into their last experimental shit which is Kisou.

I believe in DUM SPIRO SPERO.

and I suggest a new flickin' music genre - DUM Metal :)

yeah, yeah that was fangirlish, fuck me.

The 3 singles aren't always easy listening, but they are. They all have such catchy choruses.

I know he's said the rest of the album is different to the singles. I was just commenting on those tracks.

At the end of the Different Sense DVD there are some VERY brief samples of the new album. One riff sounds very gauze-era ish, and a few others are thrashy and very heavy.

DUM SPIRO SPERO is going to be ridiculous.

One riff sounds very gauze-era ish

yaaay (∞ enthusiasm)

edit1: downloading Different Sense DVD, to hear the song (preview).

edit2: Didn't hear anything gauze-ish

DUM SPIRO SPERO is going to be ridiculous.

Ridiculous like:

THA BACK O YO HEAD IS RIDIKULOUS

or:

Beyonce's new album is totally ridiculous, why would anyone pay money for this?

One riff sounds very gauze-era ish

edit2: Didn't hear anything gauze-ish

The first clip with Die playing guitar. Those notes reminds me a ton of 304 goushitsu... in terms of the melody and kyos harmonizing. That's it. Will the song sound Gauze-ish? No. But that's the initial reaction I got.

Well we'll know when either previews of MOO are released or when the full MOO is out.

hehe, MOO.