Trombe

ダウト(D=OUT) will depart from PS COMPANY

ダウト(D=OUT) will depart from PS COMPANY after PS COMPANY presents live "PEACE & SMILE PARADE DREAM LIVE-OFFENSE IS THE BEST DEFENSE 2016-" at Maihama AMPHITHEATER at 2016/04/30, and their official fan-club "ZIPANG" will dissolve after then

CdnyOtfWEAAjkc_.jpg

Why does this thread only have like two replies? I'm in no way a fan of D=OUT, but aren't they a pretty big band with a decent following, and isn't this quite huge news? 

Why does this thread only have like two replies? I'm in no way a fan of D=OUT, but aren't they a pretty big band with a decent following, and isn't this quite huge news? 

I have never noticed anything of that huge following here on the forum, at least — most people I have heard about them on here either have no opinion or despise Kouki's voice entirely. Their last full album has barely been received here, or at least that's what I have witnessed (or rather, failed to witness). They have always been one of those bands I preferred staying quiet about even while I completely adore them, and even I am not quite sure why. I have no opinion on them departing from PS Company either, to me it seemed like they were already off doing their own thing with their latest single and album because it did not quite seem to fit in the label's regime.

Seems like a good choice for them to leave the label, feel like they could do better for themselves on a different label.

PSC is not a label but a management agency. There is a difference.  :-x

Anyway, they should indeed be managed completely by Tokuma Communications. Counting the days until the GazettE is leaving too.

If they were disbanding I think we'd see a spike in posts but since it's just a management change I don't expect most people to have a strong reaction. Maybe if there was a lawsuit involved or something... 

Seems to me like PSC didn't renew their contract with them because their last album sucked so badly with all that unnecessary autotune on all tracks that I bet it didn't sell well. Also, they kind of lost their touch since their drummer left. I like this band a lot, but I think they should disband already before we all start hating a band we used to love, like most people did with SCREW and ViViD.

PSC is not a label but a management agency. There is a difference. :-x

Anyway, they should indeed be managed completely by Tokuma Communications. Counting the days until the GazettE is leaving too.

Ahh my bad lol well I still believe they'd be better off elsewhere. Didn't see them getting far under PSC

Honestly, I think PS Company is kind of dead now. Once Gazette and Screw leave, they pretty much will be done anyway. Plus, I don't think D=out got anywhere with PS Company. Good for them.

GOOD. They're better off away from PSC. Thought this was a disband announcement and nearly lost my shit.

I personally thought their latest album was one of their best releases in ages, their music dropped quality when they joined PSC and they had a disastrous few years but eventually got it together again, D=OUT still has a lot to give imo.

Regarding Kouki's voice, it's actually really nice once you give it a chance, but when he speaks in interviews, you might not want to listen too hard.

Personally I LOVE D=OUT and I think this is a really good idea, it helped Alice Nine become a better band and I think that D=OUT can easily become a giant band if they start trying to be above average, I have loved them since I first started listening to JRock and I have noticed that they lost a lot of steam and have just felt like a sigh in a sea of scream's. They just aren't making an impact like they used to BUT I do think that if they leave PS, they can turn everything around and become a top band so I wish them the best!!!!

Personally I LOVE D=OUT and I think this is a really good idea, it helped Alice Nine become a better band and I think that D=OUT can easily become a giant band if they start trying to be above average, I have loved them since I first started listening to JRock and I have noticed that they lost a lot of steam and have just felt like a sigh in a sea of scream's. They just aren't making an impact like they used to BUT I do think that if they leave PS, they can turn everything around and become a top band so I wish them the best!!!!

It's too early to point out that A9 became a "better" band after witnessing merely a small bunch of post-PSC repertoire. As much as many monochromiums like to project their contempt/disgust towards anything PSC, we need to acknowledge that a tremendous number of brilliant records have been produced under Tomomi's (President of PSC) wing - in Alice Nine's case it would be obviously Gemini (produced during Gazette's eventual "demise" in 2011) and "9" (palatable continuation to Gemini's otherwise "innovative" soundscape, produced when it became all the rage in MH to call PSC "totalitarian music regime" or in any similarish slurring manner).

I used to feel cozy on this bandwagon of usual PSC bashing but at the same time - I learned to question my preference towards this company when I understood PSC's input having a positive side as well (obvious but this seems to be skimmed over).

After all, I have to feel happy about PSC actually granting A9 chances (back in 2010) to collaborate with one of the most prominent producers in Japan, Hajime Okano (the lead guy behind e.g. Laruku's pop era, incl. Ark/Ray and Kiss) in order to redefine their sound as something more airplay-worthier, but at the same time "nostalgically creative" (since "nostalgic" is the adjective of success in '10s after all).

Until someone actually manages to go hunting in Wikileaks-ish fashion and prove that Tomomi and Co. DO bear hindering regime-like control (i.e. lack of flexibility on songwriters' part has nothing to do with the process) over bandomen's deeds, I would suggest looking into the positive efforts of PSC-era A9.

PS. I find it appalling that GEMINI gets little love here, really. Oh, and SUPERNOVA singles weren't bad at all either!

On-topic: I cannot see any significant changes behind this move either - D=Out transformed into one-of-a-kind-ish VK act under PSC's wing too, right?

I might be late, but I came here to say that they're on Speed-disk now. Check out the artist list here. This is their new website.

Edited by IGM_Oficial