SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

^ I mostly agree except when it comes to the battle system. I don't know, but I really enjoyed DA:O's slower battle system a whole lot more than DAII's fast paced system. It just made the game seem more like a hack n' slash than a RPG... you know? Other than that I really like everything else about the system and the improvements they made. I hear that in Inquisition they're gonna be going for a middle ground for the speed of the battle system since it seems I'm not the only one who had a problem with it...

I'm still playing an average of 6-10 hours of destiny a day... now a days I'm mostly just messing around with hard raids and other stuff like crucible and dailys, weeklys and nightfalls too of course. I've also been playing The Evill Within and holy fuck is it great so far! I really love the movie aspect of it... just makes me feel like I'm in a horror movie while I'm playing and btw did I mention that this game is fucked up? because yeah there is some pretty fucked up shit that messes with your head in this game... and the gore is definitely over the top, they did not cut any corners on those aspects at all xD

Siren Blood Curse

Silent Hill stans better keep their lips closed and look at this game from "non-ripoff"-perspective. One of the most underrated horror game franchises to date (that "Japanese rite"-like atmosphere adds a lot to its freaky factor)

Siren Blood Curse

Silent Hill stans better keep their lips closed and look at this game from "non-ripoff"-perspective. One of the most underrated horror game franchises to date (that "Japanese rite"-like atmosphere adds a lot to its freaky factor)

Oh my god, that game is so hard and amazing.

I just couldnt get past a certain section in the PS3 Siren somewhere near the end so I gave up on playing it lmao, good game though.

Me and my gf are currently playing through Professor Layton & The Curious Village together. Doing quite well so far.

Me and my gf are currently playing through Professor Layton & The Curious Village together. Doing quite well so far.

i think this one has the hardest puzzles in whole layton saga. i clearly remember that i stucked at some of them for about an hour. in other chapters i've never spent more than half an hour.

Half way through Lightning Returns and it is fab and I don't understand the hate. FF harcore fans, please, clear your head of the 'masterpieces' and give it a go and enjoy! (Might have to rant about this on actual online articles of it lol)

Slowly playing through DMC on xbox too (convinced sis to let me try it), there's too much kick ass and hotness for me to bear hah.

Almost through with Bravely Default (just one more boss), next 3ds game I'll focus on is either Etrian Odyssey Untold or Chrono Trigger.

Might try to get back into Persona 4 or Final Fantasy VII on Vita.

Looking into Metal Gear Solid for the 3ds or Vita, wanna try something outside my comfort zone.

Really wish November would get here so I can get Tales of Hearts R, Pokemon OmegaRuby, and Persona Q.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

The Special Demo for Pokémon ORAS

and Art Academy Lessons for Everyone

I've been addicted to Alien: Isolation.  It's so fucking intense, I jump when my dog makes a sound lol.  Oh my god, on the part when the alien is stalking you, the objective is literally 100 feet away and it took me 3 hours to get to and from it.  I managed to not die, but spent a lot of time in lockers and under desks lol.  Seriously gets my heart racing.  I love this game, just when I thought it was over when I got to a new area, the alien was back hahaha.  I can't even talk when playing it because I have to concentrate on not dying.

Lately I started playing to Shadow of Mordor and Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance, I love both but especially Middle Earth... It feels so good to decapitate some orcs.

Finished up Dishonored and Darkness 2. I'll have to come back to Dishonored one of these days and pay attention to the details since I just breezed through it. Darkness 2 had a nice dual wielding weapons mechanic going on there and the addition with tentacles was interesting, but the overall game felt incomplete.

Battlefield 4
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Gears of War 3
Destiny

I used to try to keep up with games, but I've been busy - and disappointed in most releases. In example, I own Destiny, but I just don't think it's a good game.  It doesn't live up to it's immense potential.  The worlds are beautiful, but you are barred from exploration.  The gameplay lacks variation, as most missions are, "defend this point".  The story is told to the player, rather than through the gameplay, so you never really feel immersed.

I like FFXIV's art style, character creation, ease of play, and sense of adventure - but it degenerates to button mashing/kill the healer for PvP, the story is mediocre - and the environments are static, and non interactive.  Also, the combat is meh, it's hard to feel connected to the movements happening on screen.

Don't get me wrong, there are games that I love. I was actually hoping to see if there was some great games I've been missing - which is why i clicked on this post.

For me, a game should utilize it's "in game" mechanics to tell the story.  The mechanics should challenge your reflex's, decision making skills, and environmental awareness.  DmC may have a kinda crappy script - but the levels are designed, so you have to use your jumps and special skills to traverse the map, while also fending off groups of enemies, with independent skillsets, strengths and weaknesses.  This keeps you on your toes, and you feel rewarded, when you do something cool.

i won't get into a whole big thing... unless you guys want to - but, I'd like to ask: Do you like the games you are playing? 
If so, please explain why.
If not, please share what you think the games flaws are, and what it's fixes should be.

I picked up the Assassin's Creed series again because of how I have been anticipating Unity and Rogue. These games take so frustratingly long, and I am only at Revelations, sigh.

I'd love to give Unity a shot but I'm too poor for a next-gen lol. Rogue doesn't seem too interesting to me as I didn't like Black Flag at all, so for the time being I'm not getting either ;w;

I honestly can't wait for Dragon Age: Inquisition to drop next week hnghhhh it looks so good.

So far Unity is really fun and I like a lot of the improvements they made, but the framerate is just downright horrible... you can really tell this a very poorly optimized game. They need to get on that shit asap and fix it because sometimes it hits 20fps on PS4... and I've heard it still runs like crap on PC with 600$ graphic cards...