SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

I've finish Far Cry 4 and I just buy Dyind Light & Mortal Kombat X.

And still playing at Titanfall with my friends ^^

I've been playing a lot of Far Cry 4 recently, trying to discover all the areas and find all the propaganda posters, bells, journals, etc. It's such a big map, ugh.

Still playing Bloodborne and all that jazz.

I've also been modding Skyrim a bit in my free time, I'm trying to get a stable modded game atm where I can just play a character when I'm bored and don't want to play anything else xD

Since Witcher 3 is about to come out next month I'm probably gonna start a new playthrough of Witcher 2 :D

Playing GTA V PC and I've gotta say that I'm really impressed with R* on this port, it is damn near flawless and most definitely the definitive version of the game... It was worth all the delays and the wait. Also performance is just absolutely amazing, I'm running it at damn near perfect 60 frames a second (with the occasional dip down to 45-50 range) on a Card that's almost 4 years old and that's with most settings on high.

Playing GTA V PC and I've gotta say that I'm really impressed with R* on this port, it is damn near flawless and most definitely the definitive version of the game... It was worth all the delays and the wait. Also performance is just absolutely amazing, I'm running it at damn near perfect 60 frames a second (with the occasional dip down to 45-50 range) on a Card that's almost 4 years old and that's with most settings on high.

That's exactly how it's NOT working for my bf. He has a high-end gaming PC, but the game is laggy as hell and almost unplayable. All other games run perfectly with his PC, except for GTA V which he preordered and has been waiting for so long :( 

That's exactly how it's NOT working for my bf. He has a high-end gaming PC, but the game is laggy as hell and almost unplayable. All other games run perfectly with his PC, except for GTA V which he preordered and has been waiting for so long :(

First of all make sure he has the latest drivers for his graphics card and then tell him to tweak his graphics settings in game, it's most likely because he has a setting to high or using something like MSAA instead of FXAA (MSAA eats up performance and shouldn't be used unless you have a truly beast setup) also it could be the draw distances need to be lowered because that's also a big frames dropper. Just keep tweaking until it's at a playable level.

There's no way in hell your running this game optimally with Full settings unless you have a Titan X or something.

First of all make sure he has the latest drivers for his graphics card and then tell him to tweak his graphics settings in game, it's most likely because he has a setting to high or using something like MSAA instead of FXAA (MSAA eats up performance and shouldn't be used unless you have a truly beast setup) also it could be the draw distances need to be lowered because that's also a big frames dropper. Just keep tweaking until it's at a playable level.

There's no way in hell your running this game optimally with Full settings unless you have a Titan X or something.

Trust me he has tried everything, it doesn't run properly even with the lowest settings :D 

Now I'm also considering trying that, I haven't tried it with my own PC yet. I played GTA5 with his PS3 for 15 minutes, but I just hate controllers since I'm a console noob. Perhaps I'd like the game more with a PC. Though the story will probably be super boring since I already know everything that's gonna happen, I used to watch him play it when it first came out on PS.

Also playing GTA V on pc at the moment. Despite having some stretching of textures and whatnot, because I was so stupid to buy some bs amd graphics card, it runs pretty well for me too.
The only thing that bothers me now is that there are still no animals in online mode :\

Other games I'm playing right now are Mortal Kombat X and from time to time some Dragonball Xenoverse(too bad it feels kinda unfinished :\ )

What is broken, padded with fetch quests and filled with cheese to the very brim? It's the latest triple A title from Ubisoft. 

Far Cry 4 

Oh boy. Playing this I wonder whether the third was as fun as I remember it being, because this is essentially the same game but taking place on the mountains instead. Every time I come back to it after a while I do think that it's quite enjoyable... For approximately 15 minutes that is. I suppose it's irrelevant whether the previous installment was this tedious because as of right now I am not enjoying myself shooting the same drones with the same weapons, doing the same gloried MMORPG quests ad nauseum in an environment that's not really as cool of a setting as I thought the mountains would be. 

One thing that this one definitely has in common with its predecessor however is the fucking douche-chill inducing lead villain who's character is essentially Heath Ledgers wacky Joker portrayal from the new Hollywood Batman blunders. The Min feller is while less kooky than Vaas, essentially the same character as the latter going through the exact same cornball routine of "unexpectedly" shooting their own subordinates, ranting stupefying, brain melting nonsense hours on end in cut scenes YOU ARE UNABLE TO SKIP BY THE WAY all the while torturing some innocent wholesome village peasant. The super duper corny performance is brought to you by the same generic hollywood man voice that they ruined the Silent Hill 2 remake with. Yuck.

It looks and runs purdy good on the PC though. A quite an impressive feat seeing as...

Assassin's Creed Unity

The fucking undisputed king series of padding. I wish I was kidding when I say that the previous installment Black Flag had a main storyline quest involving fetching a certain number of gunpowder barrels! This takes me back to the days of playing World of warcraft and doing the "Daily's" aka. grinding my balls off for those who are not in the know. Seriously these games would be 40 to 50% shorter if all the MMORPG quest nonsense was taken out. 

The game starts out fine. I am allowed to change the language to French which is great because the English language speaking Italians in II and Brotherhood were just dreadful-

And then it crashes. Before I'm even done with the tutorial even. 0/10. This is what prompted this write-up. Though I didn't get to really tweak the graphical settings I was informed that I need to lock the framerate to 30fps in effort to make it work properly rolf. I'll come back to it eventually though.

Next I'll get around trying that GTA V PC port too. I am most excited for all the additions to the radio programming they made. I hope they added more Blaine County Radio Community Hour.

Thinking of replaying Witcher I and II. It's been years since I played them and I feel I need to refresh my memory in terms of story and lore. Not that I'm planning to buy Witcher III anytime soon (too expensive), but given my speed with games (or lack thereof) the price may as well have dropped by half once I'm done with the first 2 parts. XD

In the meantime I replaying Dragin Age Inquisition, this time as a male, just so I can have Dorian, goddamit.

Thinking of replaying Witcher I and II. It's been years since I played them and I feel I need to refresh my memory in terms of story and lore. Not that I'm planning to buy Witcher III anytime soon (too expensive), but given my speed with games (or lack thereof) the price may as well have dropped by half once I'm done with the first 2 parts. XD

In the meantime I replaying Dragin Age Inquisition, this time as a male, just so I can have Dorian, goddamit.

Do it! I'm currently replaying Witcher 2 right now :D

I've started on the first of the Witcher series a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it. Surprised it runs this smoothly on my PC. 

I just played through Saints Row IV's EP Gat out of hell. It was awesome, I loved the city and flying. I wish the story was a bit longer though :(

Resident Evil 6. That game failed to impress me as the 5th did, but I'm digging it anyways.

I have been playing Cities: Skylines a lot recently (71 hours and counting... oops) since I'm a huge fan of city builder games. In that way Skylines is like a blessing to me, and I still can't get enough of all the delicate (ok let's not talk about garbage or death care) mechanics.

I have this huge 100k city, and one river runs straight trough it. Upstream I had all my water pumps catering the whole city, and ofc downstream the water drain pipes. I just noticed, that my citizens were using so much water that the river changed direction and the water pumps started pumping filthy polluted water to people's homes. A few minutes later, the water pumps were pumping so much water out of the river that the river dried for a moment

And I'm so excited. I never even thought this could happen. 5/5 drink filthy water you peasants.