SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Started Tomb Raider again now that I finally got my own PS3. Friend and uncle both gave be a pile of games to play. I'll be good for a while. I need the last FFXIII game and the KH remasters too.

I've currently been playing a lot of Skyrim. If anyone's interested in more screen caps I can send some later today.

And yes, this does run at 60 fps.

10825238_10202241839726602_1752664501_o.

Looking good, have you messed around with any mods yet?

I've currently been playing a lot of Skyrim. If anyone's interested in more screen caps I can send some later today.

And yes, this does run at 60 fps.

10825238_10202241839726602_1752664501_o.

Is that bad that I don't think that looks good? I think I am getting cynical, but most 3D games fail to impress me anymore in terms of graphics.

Is that bad that I don't think that looks good? I think I am getting cynical, but most 3D games fail to impress me anymore in terms of graphics.

It's different when you actually play and experience it, I can say without a doubt in my mind that a fully modded out Skyrim is one of the most graphically impressive and beautiful games I've ever seen. But really it depends how you mod it and what mods you use, in Zess' case I would say the lighting is a little too overbearing for my tastes so I would probably use a different lighting mod or ENB.

here's an example of how beautiful Skyrim can get if modded correctly.

It doesn't look too bad zess, but it could look a lot better imo. the video I posted above is a super modded out game and is definitely not normal. Dude probably had to spend hundreds of hours getting all the mods to play nice together and to get the stability showcased in the video, it's definitely not a mod setup the uninitiated or the unexperienced should or would attempt to accomplish.

Original Saku, on 04 Dec 2014 - 9:21 PM, said:

It's different when you actually play and experience it, I can say without a doubt in my mind that a fully modded out Skyrim is one of the most graphically impressive and beautiful games I've ever seen. But really it depends how you mod it and what mods you use, in Zess' case I would say the lighting is a little too overbearing for my tastes so I would probably use a different lighting mod or ENB.

here's an example of how beautiful Skyrim can get if modded correctly.

That really wasn't aimed at Skyrim but all 3D games in general. I finally have a graphics card that can handle moderns stuff at max and I just find that I am unimpressed. It's not that it is bad by any means, I guess I am just expecting more? We'll see if Frycry 4 changes my mind one I get my free copy with my new SSD. I think it comes down to art direction more than anything, because I honestly think that Mario Kart 8 might be the best looking 3D games I have played in a while.

I think you'll be fairly impressed with how beautiful Farcry 4 is... I don't own it on PC but it looks breathtaking on my PS4, so I can just imagine how good it looks on a high end PC. Well then yes, art direction and actual graphic fidelity are two totally different things, so I can understand what you meant now.

It doesn't look too bad zess, but it could look a lot better imo. the video I posted above is a super modded out game and is definitely not normal. Dude probably had to spend hundreds of hours getting all the mods to play nice together and to get the stability showcased in the video, it's definitely not a mod setup the uninitiated or the unexperienced should or would attempt to accomplish.

I know, I'll get there in time. As I said, the settings push my graphics card as it is, so I need to pick up a GPU cooler before I do any further modding.

^ what kinda of performabce are you getting out of your system if you don't mind me asking? any problems in particular? I have spent hundreds of hours modding skyrim and researching all sorts of methods to squeeze out that last bit of performance for my system, so if you have any problems or questions just ask and I might be able to help with them :D

One last thing, just checking but you do have Skyrim installed on your SSD? because that is a must if you are heavily modding the game. Usually the only advantage to installing a game to an SSD is just a modest increase to load times, but it's a little bit different with skyrim. Because of all the heavy texture mod that can bog down your system performance wise, if you actually have the game installed to the SSD in most cases you can see tremendous performance spikes most notably in micro stuttering and some cases you can get some extra frames per second.

That would be my first suggestion if it's not already the case.

Purchased an Xbox One to play Destiny with friends a few months ago and have since invested in far too many games for the time that I actually have.  Just beat the first Halo in the Master Chief Collection; moving through these slowly, but enjoying replaying so far.  Otherwise I find myself trading off between Shadow of Mordor and Grand Theft Auto V.  In truth, I'm more of a PC gamer these days, but I'm trying to keep myself from getting too invested in any PC titles in order to polish off a fraction of my console backlog.  As far as handheld gaming goes, I'm swapping between Virtue's Last Reward, Etrian Odyssey IV, and SSB on 3DS, while Persona 4 has hardly left my Vita in the time I've had it.  I don't know how I anticipate I will ever make a dent in what seems to be an endless and every growing backlog.

Haven't been able to properly sign into PSN on my PS3 for like a week, it keeps randomly signing me off or it won't let me sign in at all. I heard some ISPs have been blocking the ports PSN uses because of the DDoS attack, but when I check my router and do the connection test it says all ports are open. Also haven't been able to get into the Nintendo e-Shop for like a day, same issue, can't log in. My other devices work fine so I think I'm going to have to call my ISP.

EDIT: Nintendo e-Shop problem seems to have been solved after a software update and a reset of my router. My PS3 is still being a huge ass though, and I need the PSN connection to download the patch for Dragon Age Inquisition 8|

Bougth today FEZ and Octodad but i play w/ GTAV (both offline and online), and also some other games (such as Last of us remaster, Driveclub, Unfinished swan, LBP3) *fresh PS4 owner*

Currently playing Warframe, I dig it. Also playing PES 2015, way better than its precursor. FIFA 15 is pure shit a notch below imo. 

I just finished Wolfenstein New Order. Very fun FPS with an unexpectedly well written plot & characterization. But the best part about this game is you can dual wield EVERYTHING! Dual wielding shotties? Can't get any better than that. This may be the best shooter I've played since Max Payne 3. Wow, this deserves a replay.

dragon age inquisition. already about 80 hours in and i think i still haven't even finished half of it.

Currently specing my party up for the first dragon fight (which has profoundly kicked my ass already a few times, i think i'm still a bit underlevel).

i love it to bits, it looks gorgeous, the characters are without exception great and wellwritten/-voiced the atmosphere is nice and it's insanely big scale.

that beeing said i think i need to ditch a whole lot of how i play this game.

i'm usually close to a completionist when it comes to RPGs because side-quests are usually so cool.

problem with DAI is, it kinda has a MMORPG attached to it's core game with all the usual MMO quests, and they suck bigtime.

especially when it's so many.

whole areas have only maybe one relevant character to speak to in it. but then they are completely filled with collect some of this, hunt those, clear out these camps A, B and C, protect that etcetc.

i think it would have benefitted a LOT if it was more streamlined to the actual main and character quests.

still one of the best games i played in recent years, i'll probably have a second playthrough, just to check out a second set of a party and a main with different values.

this time i'm a male elf mage, party usually with dorian, cassandra and cole.

naturally i'm in favor of free mages, also pretty much goodwilled but flatout atheist.

so the next one will probably be a female human shield-warrior

(btw. warrior is such a badass and complex class to play in this, usually warrior is kinda dumb, but here, maaaaan)

evil/egoistical, possibly racist and super religious, with vivienne, iron bull and sera. maybe vivienne, solas and sera, not sure...

EDIT: also, i'm playing entirely in tactical on nightmare, maybe to change things up and speed them up a bit the second playthrough in action-mode on normal or easy...

last month i had some free time so i finally finished playing Apollo Justice and fuuuuck that last trial was brilliant! it amazed me how all the pieces of puzzle were put together i almost screamed out of enjoyment haha. great game, awesome series, ∞/10. definitely gonna play again someday(most likely it will be all chapters marathon). 

and also started AAI: Miles Edgeworth: Prosecutor's Path. damn that fan translation is amazing, all the characters were translated very professionally especially the humorous parts! if i didn't know that it was a fan translation beforehand i wouldn't even notice any difference! guys from the Court Records forum did a really tremendous work for which i'm sooooo grateful <3 and i'm gonna play it as slow as i can to prolong the pleasure P:

edit: oh and that new logic chess feature is great!

3DS/2DS: Currently playing Persona Q (that I enjoy more that Etrian Oddyssey Untold: the Millenium Girl; maybe it's the school ambiance or the animations, it's attractive, less boring and maybe more easy - I play on normal). I keep EO for later, when I will be a master of a labyrinth xDD. What I love the most on this game is that you can skip the blabla (too much blabla! it's unbereable O;o I know it's fanservice and all but it's seriously too much).

WiiU: Currently playing Zelda: the WindWaker HD. Finally! This is the first game that I've bought with ACIII (back in august) and haven't played it since. Comparing to the GC version ( that I own too, but haven't played that much tho), it's bright and beautiful! The music & all makes me want to play OOT again T______T; I wish Zelda U would be released soon, I just can't wait. ToT

3DS/2DS: Currently playing Persona Q (that I enjoy more that Etrian Oddyssey Untold: the Millenium Girl; maybe it's the school ambiance or the animations, it's attractive, less boring and maybe more easy - I play on normal). I keep EO for later, when I will be a master of a labyrinth xDD. What I love the most on this game is that you can skip the blabla (too much blabla! it's unbereable O;o I know it's fanservice and all but it's seriously too much).

I love the Persona series, they never seem to disappoint me!

I've been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on my new PC, I spent about an hour in the character creation...lol it seems alright so far, don't know what to think yet.  And since I finally have a PC I can play Skyrim with mods! I just don't know which ones to choose from...too many!