Trombe

MEJIBRAY 2-month consecutive new maxi singles release

"Screw you all Mia looks great"

-Kamijo

Althought its not much of a difference i love how MiA looks too <3 same for the others koichi looks Devine :)

I was really hoping the next release would be an album but after these two releases i wouldnt be surprised if SM2 became a thing

My gut reaction upon seeing the group pic was "omg this is the first time I think Koichi looks bad"

But upon closer inspection of his solo pictures, I think he looks beautiful as usual. Probably the best feminine-looking VK dude, IMO.

This is possibly the first time I think Tsuzuku actually looks interesting.

Meto looks like 5I2Mumd.jpg?1

MiA is so boring.

Also, I hate consecutive singles. MEJIBRAY does it so often that it's thoroughly annoying.

Mia always looks kind of the same to me and it's boring. 

This is the first time I hate Meto's look. He is always my favorite, but nah.

Tsuzuku is hit or miss for me. I like this look though. 

My Trembling Bambi 9/10 slays - so...this is one of those times. In fact, I like his look the best. 

I agree that MiA is the coolest guitarist VK has atm with his material alone already. His solos are the thing that got me into Mejibray in the first place. But compared to his band mates, he got the smallest presence. He just sort of is there in every live and PV but doesn't stand out in any way.

Having said that, I wouldn't want any other guitarist in mejibray in a million years. Koichi and Tsuzuku already got more than enough presence for one band and dunno if it would become a power struggle of sorts if everyone was trying to steal the spotlight. MiA's got his own prince-thing going on and he let's his talent speak for himself ^_^

I only call MiA "boring" because it seems like he's been doing the "prince" costume for a long time. Meanwhile the other 3 members seem to have more drastic costume/makeup changes. (I could be remembering wrong). And for me, personally, half the reason I follow this band is their visuals. He still looks good, I would just like to see him do something different.

Not saying anything about his guitar skills. I think he's good, but I'm not very technical about that stuff so I wouldn't really know.

Koichi and Meto always invest a lot in their promo looks so I think it is natural and expected that fans would be disappointed @ MiA who doesn't seem to keep up with MEJIBRAY in that sense. Nothing to do with his skills. 

(tzk can look good too but koichi/meto always have the most drastic changes)

IMO MiA's lack of identity spreads beyond his visuals. In interviews I've read he always seems to have so little to say for himself as an artist (when speaking on meaning) and a component of a dynamic VK band. Sometimes he gives less insight than even Meto who speaks through others.

His stage presence also leaves much to be desired. As beautiful as he always is, and as great as his solos are, he comes across as only being comfortable doing the same movements and striking the same poses on stage that look as if they were lifted from various VK magazines in his earlier years. When compared to the rest of MEJIBRAY who were born to be balls-out, he seems like a misfit. I'd hate to think that his impression and style of what visual kei can be like is so limited.

Not meaning to shit talk, but it was asked why MiA is being bashed I just thought Id weigh in honestly. I still love his playing and I'm glad he has a spot in a good band, but I know he's young and I'd like to see him come out of his shell a little more (assuming he has anything of value inside to show).

I still vote for Mejibray contracting a second guitarist.

mia sux but there's no one who can take his place. the leda/hizaki worship has gotten insanely stale and the 1/3/5/0 progression he does in 60% of his songs is boring me to tears. there's nothing he really brings to the table in terms of his technique outside of rehashing other peoples' styles. it doesn't change the fact he's pretty proficient with his playing, it just has no life to me. im sick of people gassing him when he can shred some cool stuff and chuga chug and really not do much else. no one can take his place because its mejibray's signature sound, i'd have no clue how they'd sound without him. in all honesty i dont mind the prince look, it suits him and it looks good on him at least its better than tsuzuku's messy looks

this also isn't to say mia doesnt write good songs, he's written some amazing music and brilliant guitar lines (karma/killing me/sabato hEEElllo!!) but more often than not its not exceptional.

miyako (DEZERT), haru (xaa-xaa), roku+haru (grieva) and kaede (AvelCain) are all far more interesting "new" guitarists, but then again its just my personal taste.