Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

Still very excited. Love the song, I think it's exceptional and all the visuals of this era are totally on point. I can't wait to see what the whole album is like.

I want to wait on hearing OMINOUS until I'm listening to the full album, especially since it's the last song. How can I listen to the last song first? Plus, I already saw all those live clips and fan covers of DEUX, which I now have stuck in my head all the time.

Getting through the next three weeks just fighting the temptation to cave in and listen to the song is going to be very difficult. :lol:

I understand that they want to say thanks and show appreciation for everyone but jeez do we need an over dramatic story line for everyone? Why not just do what Liphlich does and just put credits and the end of a music video, I hope The Gazette realize that they are a band and can't expect people to stay excited without MUSIC!! Great it's "the dark age" but instead of an over dramatic British guy talking about the costume designs "battle armor" how about we get some song previews or maybe even the craziest of all an actual music video!

I understand that they want to say thanks and show appreciation for everyone but jeez do we need an over dramatic story line for everyone? Why not just do what Liphlich does and just put credits and the end of a music video, I hope The Gazette realize that they are a band and can't expect people to stay excited without MUSIC!! Great it's "the dark age" but instead of an over dramatic British guy talking about the costume designs "battle armor" how about we get some song previews or maybe even the craziest of all an actual music video!

hahaha, this indeed

I want to wait on hearing OMINOUS until I'm listening to the full album, especially since it's the last song. How can I listen to the last song first? Plus, I already saw all those live clips and fan covers of DEUX, which I now have stuck in my head all the time.

Getting through the next three weeks just fighting the temptation to cave in and listen to the song is going to be very difficult. :lol:

Don't do it Seimeisen!!!! I'm actually quite sad I listened to it without realizing it was the last song. I was just so happy to hear A new song from them SMH.

First off, as stated by others, the visuals in the video are amazing and create the literal "ominous" feeling that fit the music.  I can respect a band that goes out of there way to reflect the feeling of their concept in their music videos in addition to the music itself.

My favorite feature of the song was the non-traditional structure that the band explored on the track.  I can't help but compare it to Dir en grey as it reminds me of structures in Arche, where defined choruses are not entirely clear and bridges/solos are placed in non-predictable places, creating an exciting journey that left me interested in what was coming next.

The production quality was outstanding and created an impressive atmosphere with headphones.  The use of sampling really set the tone of the song, and the variation of instrumentation, mixing acoustic and electric instruments, kept it interesting.  I especially liked the way the acoustic guitars floated into the opening verses and the "True Dread" sampling in the center of the song.

However, in terms of vocal lines, there were no real memorable melodic hooks I noticed after the first few listens.  For this, there were moments the song dragged on.  Consequently, my overall impression of the song was not entirely positive.

Despite this, I admire the clear focus of the band to create a song that is outside of their standard comfort zone.  I wish that the closer wasn't the first track we heard were properly presented, as I think it will reduce the impact of the album in context after the first, formal listen.  I'll forgive that though, since I can't resist sampling it.

Of course, I am stoked to hear the entire album.  In all, I'd give this a 6/10 score.  There was enough experimentation to keep my interest, but no moments memorable enough to make me fall in love.

• Ruki: I don’t know how many hours passed since I tweeted about being tired but for the time being we are done with our work (for the album). great job.

Missverypink

So maybe more PREVIEWS now?

FINALLY!

Ruki: and I think tomorrow a preview MOVIE of all the songs on the album that we've kept you waiting for will be uploaded so look forward to it ( ˘ω˘ )

Missverypink

FINALLY!

Ruki: and I think tomorrow a preview MOVIE of all the songs on the album that we've kept you waiting for will be uploaded so look forward to it ( ˘ω˘ )

Missverypink

YES!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Although I'm not too fond of Ruki's songwriting abilties these days, I have to admit that his fashion sense and overall appreciation for aesthetics is absolutely on point.

hmmn, mildly optimistic about it.

nothing groundbraking (from what can be assumed by these 10secondish snippets) and  probably way to many standard-fare bland gazerock leftovers, but there seem to be some fun bangers among those, and the ballads seem nice too.

perhaps the first gazette album since dim i might consider adding to my library.

(condensing these 14 tracks back to a personally fit 7-8 and it might be a pretty kickass mini actually)

EDIT: although after their first teaser-video i was hoping for sth a bit more progressive. still haven't learned my lesson in judging teasers...