Trombe

MEJIBRAY new album "THE "420" THEATRICAL ROSES" release

81wyTB69NQL.jpg

71-bFBdFz1L.jpg

They sort of remind me of Marilyn Manson's "Smells like Children" ... especially the second one.

So freaking covers! And in my opinion every cover is better than MM's ones...

I don't think their artwork can get worse than Emotional【KARMA】TYPE B. That was fucking horrendous!

Totally this. That cover choice was something else. xD Liking this cover at least. It's fitting. I still can't WAIT for this release!

I don't get why they positioned the word "ROSES" in the lower left corner on the pink one... it looks very stupid. At least the regular edition is a bit less chaotic (since it doesn't have their name in the middle of the album title).

Wow, I figured this album was going to be shit after the generic metalcore chug of the singles, but after listening to these previews I am now genuinely excited.

This is really NOT what I expected. (most of the previews being quite sweet and romantic sounding)

One in particular, "Hungry Psychopath" which I suppose I had pegged as something quite simple and heavy turns out to sample a really pleasant and emotional sounding chorus. It sounds excellent to me.

In fact, after previewing 50% of the album here.. I start to wonder if Mejibray's heavy side will be fairly supported. SERVANT is the most glaring example of how it would be done, to me it sounds Diru-inspired with the way the riffs go with the Tzk's reaching for higher notes, while the actual melody he sings is still very Mejibray.

This may be deceiving, as a lot of these songs may have much heavier sections that one wouldn't guess from hearing this (as is common with them)

I am excited for this. Given Mejibray's inconsistent history and the sudden announcement of The 420 itself, this album in theory is easy to make jokes about, but I think there's going to be a lot to love if you have ever been a fan of them, which I have and still am lol

its ok, the vocals could connect more.

lol at the random kyo/mao growl

hell yeah! so far, almost everything sounds good to me

I'm most looking forward to SERVANT, Hungry Psychopath and 瞬間のアイディアル

One thing that makes me happiest is to hear Tzks vibrato in full effect again, sounds as present as in the chorus of A Priori for example.

The TBB single made me worry that he may have partially voice fucked himself..

I'm cool with these so far. As long as they keep garbage like HATE away from this album I'll probably end up being happy. 

Although I have to admit that after listening to these I have no recollection of anything but the growls on SERVANT lol. I swear if I went through their entire discography with thought one day I'd probably find the same riffs being recycled like fuck with little to no alteration. 

I can deal with Servant And BOWWOW. Everything else sounds too much alike one another.

Not really big on these samples, but yeah

I hope Tzk steps his game up and "embellishes" new Meji repertoire with his lovely lyricism - Mejibray's poetical highlight as an example:

(original)

Pardon my hard-on

Fuck let's go and get stoned
Pardon my hard-on
show me you love me
Pardon my hard-on
You say "i fuck you to fuck you over"

Some can already recognize this one lol