Trombe

MEJIBRAY new album "THE "420" THEATRICAL ROSES" release

Silvers.exe was also good but not as good as Karma. I love that single for Distance.exe

I though it was a nice song. It was... very different. I'm not surprised that they made the track the "lead singe" for the album because it's soft and slow and all, but because it's six and a half minutes long. And for a six and a half minute song, it's nothing but the band showing off, and holding roses, and eating roses, and showing off some more.

Rambling aside, having heard that track, I am more curious to hear how "hatred × tangle red × hunger red" sounds.

I'm guessing the instrumental piece at the end of the video was IDEA.

Oh, and I definitely agree that カルマ is their best single, but the album version is just awful!

I agree it is a show-offy PV for sure. I've noticed I always end up vividly remembering at least a few shots or members' motions from Mejibray's videos, it's fun to watch them play + Tzk's frontman acting. Even in casual videos like the one they did for Divergence is worth watching and gets you more pumped about the song. This is kind of the antithesis of that.. They all look bored and Tzk looks like he wishes he was singing a darker song lol..

The previews are alright but judging from them, it seems as if they still bring absolutely nothing new to the table. Just the same thing they've been pushing out since they debuted. And the video just like pretty much all of their others are a total eye sore. I get the whole visual aspect but I feel like they're one of those bands that try way too hard. Especially that drummer. 

I'll be giving this album a spin though. Chances are i'll find a few tracks i like then after a week, get bored and never listen again.

I think the visual aspects is especially superb with Meto, I don't think there is a "try-hard" in creating a visual character. If that were the case, a lot of the animu are complete try-hards. The PV is just OK, there isn't as strong of a theme this time around, if there is, I fail to catch it.

I really hope they get back to the sound of what they started from.

That probably won't happen. Their first three releases were so solid, man. Everything after that went downhill like a freight train.

IMO Mejibray has pretty irregular ups and downs, not really a straight decline. I think their all around strongest period has been A Priori-to-Raven, which makes it a crying shame how TBB turned out lol. Still, the album previews suggest it isn't lost on them..

That probably won't happen. Their first three releases were so solid, man. Everything after that went downhill like a freight train.

The only legit release beside's karma that I liked was, Shuuei. Even that was partial....I only like it for Shitto.....which sounded a hell of a lot like Toon Factory's "Squall". But I could only expect as much seeing as how Mia was in Toon Factory, so I'm guessing he decided to "Re-use" it.

I think the visual aspects is especially superb with Meto, I don't think there is a "try-hard" in creating a visual character. If that were the case, a lot of the animu are complete try-hards. 

Yeah, if they are as ridiculous as Meto then they are just as bad. 

That's very interesting I actually never liked Shitto myself, but Gesshoku is one of my favorites by them XD

I only listen to Gesshoku when i'm playing Sonic Unleashed.

Raven makes me cry with how terrible it sounds, like... what is that crap? I cannot believe how people did/do overhype that track. Just give me Slivers.exe, KILLING ME, Sabbat and カルマ-瓦礫のマンティコーラース-, anything where they weren't generic yet, that makes me happy enough.

What about Raven is so terrible exactly? I've heard others say they hate it so totally before, but I've never really known why. I know many people probably aren't down with a song that is 80% in falsetto (which also makes it kind of gimmicky) but is there something else I'm missing ? To me, Raven had as strong a theme as they've ever done.

What about Raven is so terrible exactly? I've heard others say they hate it so totally before, but I've never really known why. I know many people probably aren't down with a song that is 80% in falsetto (which also makes it kind of gimmicky) but is there something else I'm missing ? To me, Raven had as strong a theme as they've ever done.

There is no structure in this track at all? I cannot even explain it; the music simply does not work, if one can even call it as such, it does not flow or go well together and it seems like all four members just recorded a separate piece for their instrument without even having listened to the other. Within the guitar work there is no distinct usage of chords or musical scales, not in the slightest. TZK does not even sound like he is trying, his vocals are so messy and it sounds like they recorded the entire track in one single recording by pasting each other's parts over the rest, because MiA and Meto are missing notes everywhere and the vocals are different in every verse that repeats itself.