sai

DIR EN GREY new mini-album "THE UNRAVELING" release

looks cool

maybe they'll continue that 'storyline'

As Wonrei said @last.fm, there's definitely some Dogville/Von Trier influences floating around - I wonder if Kyo's a fan of such movies and stuff...

i don't like it.

im over this uroboros/dss sound.

I totally agree, i'm quite bored of this sound now. I'm quite sure that "Unraveling" IS in fact a DDS leftover.

Makes me think it was stupid of me to order the Deluxe Limited Edition - i'm not excited at all (because it turned out to be a remake-mini album)

Btw, back on topic: Don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but there will be a European Edition with 4 bonus tracks. Digital/Streaming will be released same date as Japanese release, CD-release date is still TBA.

I totally agree, i'm quite bored of this sound now. I'm quite sure that "Unraveling" IS in fact a DDS leftover.

yep. I'm pretty sure it could be a closing album track - probably, by the time they were finalizing that flop of an album everyone suddenly realized it won't sell at all, so they pushed unravelling as a next album's single, and wrote 流転の塔 instead, lol.

nice pv, band shots look very recent gazette, tho.

diru have been more creative with their videos before.

& kyo looks great (which didn't happen for a while already.)

I like the PV clip a lot, but am I the only one that really enjoyed DSS? I thought it had a lot of really good songs... And yeah this does feel a little bit like it's a leftover from that album, but I'm okay with that because I liked th sound of that album. Sooooo that being said, I'm totally ready for this EP in hopes the alternate versions of songs are going to be as good as the originals.

^ You're not alone, I really really liked that album too. In fact it might be my favorite DEG album, next to UROBOROS and TMOAB.

Anyway, the previews have been kinda okay so far, so definitely looking forward to the complete thing (won't listen to radio rips and such till then). The vid looks cool too.

Yeah, I don't quite see what's up with all the hate on DSS either (though Lotus is vomitriciously bad)

you can't enter a dir en grey thread and not expect some rather blatant trolling :P

dss is probably my favorite too, aswell as it is liked by the vast majority of this forum (judging by the 2011 jrock-awards, best band + best album...)

DSS isn't my favorite (Let's say I'm still stuck with Vulgar and Withering) but it's a great album imo. Some people seem to hate just to hate. "I'm over this" so the band must be too? If they like it and are good at it, can't they just release whatever they want anyway...

Still anticipating The Unraveling. I liked what I've heard so far so I expect to like the album as a whole as well. Or at least most songs on it.

I should go to their live again in June, but I'd need to take off from work to get somewhere. Aaaah, decisions.

I like DDS, and most of the songs are really good, but I'm quite bored over the sound now, they should create something new instead - like they did with RINKAKU. But like I said in page 3 I'll stay neutral until I hear the full CD. ;)

DSS is not my favourite album (i'd say it's a tie between VULGAR/UROBOROS), but it looks like it's cool to hate it. Hard to get it. The singles are awesome, and the only song I really don't like is Decaying Crow. Still a great album, much better than Kisou and everything before it.

Can't wait for the PV, looks exciting!

Thank you, Zess. Please keep everything from this post on to any additional news only...I don't think any off the staff would ever want to hand out warnings for having good and meaningful conversation, so please just keep it to the right place. :)

For those who pre-ordered "THE UNRAVELING" on YesAsia here are some bad news:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for writing to YesAsia.com!

Upon checking with the supplier, we are sorry to inform that is no information about the bonus poster for "The Unraveling" in this moment.

I like the PV clip a lot, but am I the only one that really enjoyed DSS? I thought it had a lot of really good songs... And yeah this does feel a little bit like it's a leftover from that album, but I'm okay with that because I liked th sound of that album. Sooooo that being said, I'm totally ready for this EP in hopes the alternate versions of songs are going to be as good as the originals.

Yeah, not alone. Backing you up with that statement 100%.

If this is a DSS leftover as some are stating, I welcome it with open arms. I am really excited about this release but that teaser does nothing but do what the title suggests: "Tease me"

Release date is almost upon us so I am preparing my body for some awesome DeG

Track lengths taken from Tower Records:

1. Unraveling / 04:42
2. 業 / 03:43
3. かすみ / 04:08
4. 鴉 / 05:36
5. Bottom of the death valley / 06:25
6. Unknown.Despair.Lost / 04:47
7. THE FINAL / 04:15

01. Unraveling (04:42)

02. 業 (03:43)

03. かすみ (04:08)