sai

DIR EN GREY new mini-album "THE UNRAVELING" release

REALLY interested in this but also very scared they'll fuck the songs up completely. Bottom of the Death Valley and Karasu are both great songs (most of them are actually) and I'd like to see how they've reworked them, but afraid it's gonna be a letdown.

I approve of most of those remakes, though I'm iffy about "The Final" being on there. I think they should have replaced it with "Embryo." 

Really interested in how "Unknown. despair. lost" will turn out. 

Haters gon' hate.

It looks like everyone forgot about the Undecided remake. They still can do your "decents" remakes, guys. It's not just screams and ruining old songs. Thay have evolved really a lot until now, they know what songs they can use screams. They're still clever about this.

Everyone always does forget about one of the best ones they did.

Dir en grey has good ideas. Where they always, always mess up is in the execution of those ideas. Some of the songs can undergo some radical reconstruction. Some of the songs shouldn't. Some of the songs can't. It will be interesting to see what direction they take them all in.

For example, I'm not expecting them to change up THE FINAL as much as I am with Unknown...despair...a Lost.

from the new remakes i love  蝕紅 & 羅刹国 (Rasetsukoku) 

but these songs are not so ballads

i'm trying not to freak out and just wait to listen to the album first

hoping maybe it will turn out  cool!

although i am freaking out a little to not destroy old deg

;______; i'm terrified that he will put high voice/falseto in there together with weird new growls

( i like the old weird growls but not so much the new ones lol)

i think it's bold & stupid trying to do a remake of the final.

you could screw this up big time there

the most famous songs is most difficult to remake and people to like it and accept it.

but it's also interesting.i have some curiosity how can  this turn out

i think i used to be upset with deg because i had this feeling that they are being disrespectful to the past awesomness

but now i am affiliated with change and think "just let it go"

LOL

That just feels so random, especially the inclusion of "THE FINAL" (hope it won't be as butchered as OBSCURE)

Oh, I am expecting another mindfuck PV on "Karma" (this time with green screen insanity)

Usually I would say "okay, let's hear it!" but none of the songs in this selection beg for a remake. I honestly don't see what they could add/change to these songs to make them remake-worthy.

Perhaps they'll surprise us. But I was really hoping for new original songs because I thought the style of Rinkaku was very nice.

While I am excited for anything that Diru releases, I kinda wish they would have said it was a mostly remake mini-album! To me it is like announcing a new album and releasing a best of with one new song >_< 

I am excited to see how they remake these songs, especially Macabre! It is one of my all time favorite songs of theirs. 

I was curious if the same label that brought their last release to the states would bring THE UNRAVELING to NA and this is the response I got from "the end records"

"We are not releasing this one. Sorry."

>_>

It did pretty well, not as good as Uroboros.

Uroboros hit the Billboards Top 200 at 114. DSS hit 135.

Uroboros sold around 6K copies, DSS sold 4K.

I won't judge until i hear what they sound like. These are one of my favorite Diru songs of all time and i would hate to see them turned into some metallicoverlyheavyshit. But we'll see... .I really hope they sound fukkin amazing! 

[limited order-only deluxe edition DVD track list]
01.輪郭(rinkaku)(Shot in One Take)
02.霧と繭(kiri to mayu)(Shot in One Take)
03.滴る朦朧(shitataru mourou)(LIVE at Tokyo International Forum Hall A at 2012/12/25)
04.獣慾(juuyoku)(LIVE at Tokyo International Forum Hall A at 2012/12/25)
05.THE UNRAVELING(Scene from Recording)
06.Interview & Documentary Footage

their official book "MINERVA-THE UNRAVELING-" will be released through online shop "Deadly Claris" at 2013/04/03 (124 pages, A4-size, 3,000yen), which will include photo, solo & band interview and dialogue

nice.

not much of a DVD but could be worse.

the band will also do a special show for Deluxe Limited Edition buyers on May, 24th - additional to a TABULA RASA tour.

it will take place at 渋谷公会堂 (Shibuya Public Hall). last time they played that venue was in 1998, 15 years ago.

155951_606269932720739_388373028_n.jpg

The Cover Artwork to NEW MINI ALBUM “THE UNRAVELING” (released on April 3, 2013) is now revealed. 
The cover features original artwork by artist and sculptor Yasuyuki Nishio. This intriguing artwork is the result of the fusion between DIR EN GREY’s expressions to this day with Yasuyuki Nishio’s perspective of the world, bringing forth yet another release that exhibits an overwhelming sense of existence.

there are also other two versions artworks up on an OHP: