sai

DIR EN GREY new mini-album "THE UNRAVELING" release

classy covers. not digging that glyphic something to the left of the title, tho.

That thing reminds me of D'espairsRay's logo from their MONSTERS-era. Good covers tho, except that copyright bullshit under the title.

^ I see that kinda design sometimes on other album covers, I think it's a "retro" thing or something like that.

For example,

61s5qpjTImL._SS500_.jpg

81885817.png

That thing on the covers looks like a scaly French cruller with claws - not digging these jackets...

Guest MaddAdam

by the way, what's that with the copyright bullshit under the title?

why even put it on the front cover?

Copyright crackdowns all over the world, particularly in the United States where ISP's spy on your downloads and report any intellectual property infringements.

The album covers are all right I guess. They remind me of a caterpillar with spikes xD

I really want some samples!!! I am super curious about how Macabre will sound, since that is one of my absolute favorite diru songs!

so Kaoru went to FM NACK5 radio show with lynch's Hazuki to promote THE UNRAVELING. the "[a knot] army" fanclub @ fb has translated what they said.

here's a THE UNRAVELING related part:

"After Rinkaku they start talking about The Unraveling. Hazuki seems to have a soft spot for Karma and they laugh because that song is now on the cd (sounds a bit like an insider^^) Apparently Hazuki kind of spoke up for that song, and wanted Kaoru to pick it for rearrangement. Kaoru was always like “Karma..? Well..”, but finally it was selected. Mission is accomplished, Hazuki!
Kaoru says then that the new version of Karma isn’t so much different from the old one. Actually all songs on this cd didn’t change so much. Kiri to mayu changed a lot, but Kaoru states, that that song is rather exceptional. Concerning Karma, the tuning is lower than before, but the riffs are pretty much the same. Unknown.. despair.. a lost kept it’s melodic parts. The final also didn’t change too much, but somehow it changed (thanks Kaoru for the detailed info^^;;) Riffs changed slightly, keys didn’t change.
Hazuki asks what kind of song Unraveling is.. if it’s both strong and melodic like Rinkaku, or more like other singles. Kaoru answers that it doesn’t have the feeling of a single to it, it more sounds like a song you would expect on an album. It’s easy to listen to. And there are more singing parts in it, then shouting parts.

Hazuki then asks how they choose songs for rearrangement. Kaoru says, that they look what kind of songs they rearranged until now and based on that they choose the next song. They already thought about doing Karma (even without Hazukis nagging^^).
The reason to pick Kasumi was that the recent fans, also those from abroad didn’t have the chance to hear it live yet, so they decided to choose that song."

a full article is at this location.

Have they announced track lengths yet besides that supposedly 16 mins Macabre remake btw?