zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I don't recall anyone here chastizing others for not drinking alcohol or claiming that doing so is "lame" or "prudish". Why can't people just have an opinion about things based on how they feel, and not resort to concocting imaginary antithesises to validate their opinions?

I don't recall anyone here chastizing others for not drinking alcohol or claiming that doing so is "lame" or "prudish". Why can't people just have an opinion about things based on how they feel, and not resort to concocting imaginary antithesises to validate their opinions?

I don't recall any of us claiming that any forum members were chastizing others. It was merely a statement drawn from a general experience among peers.

Pho presents: How every Final Fantasy-related conversation on the internet inevitably goes.

Person 1: I thought Final Fantasy X was a pretty good game.

Person 2: OMG, Final Fantasy X was garbage! The laughing scene is the most awkward thing in the entire history of gaming LOL!

Person 3: But the laughing scene is SUPPOSED to be awkward! How can so many people STILL miss the ENTIRE POINT of that scene!? 

Person 2: Just because it's supposed to be awkward doesn't mean that it's okay for it to be awkward. LOL, everybody knows that Final Fantasy VII is the best game ever made and that X was the beginning of Square's downfall.

Person 4: Hahahaha, you think VII is the best? What a scrub! TRUE fans know that VI is the best game ever made. KEFKA LITERALLY DESTROYS THE ENTIRE WORLD, HOW COOL IS THAT!? Where's my fucking Final Fantasy VI remake Square!?!?!?!?

Person 5: Hey guys! I like Final Fantasy XIII!

Person 1: ...

Person 2: ...

Person 3: ...

Person 4: ...

i want u guys to bash each other to virtual death over the merits of beer consumption

literally going to murder someone in cyberspace over a few ''''''''cold ones''''''

I don't recall any of us claiming that any forum members were chastizing others. It was merely a statement drawn from a general experience among peers.

Thanks, Lestat. I wasn't talking about anyone on the forum, nor was my post intended to attack anyone either, so please chill, CAT. I am not even getting how you were reading that in my text. Maybe it's another case of internet based misunderstanding.

But I was merely sharing my real life based opinion on this matter. That's what this thread is for after all. 

I think the fanbase for VK is dying out, or at least the amount of people willing to pay for physical copies.  Free downloads are so prevalent these days, the concept of paying money for something is foreign to most people.

I think people are just growing up to.  The world assaults you with so many concerns to just live, it's all you can do to survive.

I think selling music is a dying business, and we might just have to accept it and shutter our doors.

I think the fanbase for VK is dying out, or at least the amount of people willing to pay for physical copies.  Free downloads are so prevalent these days, the concept of paying money for something is foreign to most people.

I think people are just growing up to.  The world assaults you with so many concerns to just live, it's all you can do to survive.

I think selling music is a dying business, and we might just have to accept it and shutter our doors.

I think that it is not dying out.  Because you had one bad stream...that frankly had nothing interesting and repetitive bands, does not mean that everyone has suddenly lost interest.  You are seriously overreacting over one little stream...

And frankly, this attitude will only deteriorate your business.

I think that it is not dying out.  Because you had one bad stream...that frankly had nothing interesting and repetitive bands, does not mean that everyone has suddenly lost interest.  You are seriously overreacting over one little stream...

And frankly, this attitude will only deteriorate your business.

it's not just the stream, it's been feeling this way for a while.

Any attempt to involve people is just met with silence most times.

I guess just literally hundreds of hours of work culminating in such a profound silence is just discouraging.

it's not just the stream, it's been feeling this way for a while.

Any attempt to involve people is just met with silence most times.

I guess just literally hundreds of hours of work culminating in such a profound silence is just discouraging.

In the past, your customer service has been rocky, so there is word of mouth.

Plus 'Biopanda's' personal comments and such, will have also had an impact on your business...

That statement  is like you are trying to guilt trip us.

If it's dying out, how do you explain the constant uploads on this forum from people who have purchased music, for example? Not all of us wait for that one individual to upload a certain release so we can just all bail on getting our own copy, there are enough people who purchase physical copies or digital copies from Google Play or iTunes even when there's the certainty that they will be uploaded as well. There are even those around here who do not download anything and listen solely to what they have purchased for themselves, so as to enhance the experience of grabbing physical copies. 

If this is about the stream, for me personally there were less than four interesting items on the list this time which I could grab on an auction or second hand store for the same price, and even then they are not on my list of priorities. Some people simply do not want to waste two entire weekends when they have other matters to attend to, watching a stream if they're only waiting on a few items is tedious — as there's no saying at what time they will show up in the stream. 

Plus 'Biopanda's' personal comments and such, will have also had an impact on your business...

I'm honestly not trying to, just shouting into the air in despair...

The part about Biopanda's comments and the customer service part intrigues me.  Part of why I started involving myself more was to try to fix the problem areas that I saw.  If there are still big problems that you see, please tell me.

My area of business is a little bit different; however this issue is definitely a key issue in any area of the music industry.

My personal belief is that regardless, there will always be people in this community, in this world, who if they can get something for free will do so.

However the issue of illegal uploading and downloading is not something that can be stopped so easily, and honestly fighting it and blaming it for the “demise of the vkei scene” is not productive at all.

Infact if it was not for illegal uploading and downloading, the current visual kei scene would not exist as it does today.

Rather than fighting this issue in a negative way, I think it is better to acknowledge it and provide other options.

With my experiences to this date, primarily in the case of Rides In ReVellion and their two releases being uploaded for free download.

When I explained that the releases are available on international iTunes for a very reasonable price, and that the band would appreciate anyone who enjoys the music to support them by downloading legally, after this a majority of people, wanting to support the band begun to download legally from iTunes and started to encourage others to do so as well,

This lead to several key points.

-availability

-knowledge of availability

-affordability

-quality of the product

-customer service

There is no point in feeling discouraged or trying to blame the “corrupt uploaders and downloaders” it’s best to be positive, provide alternatives, market and promote well and of course provide positive, friendly and good customer service.

With my experiences to this date, primarily in the case of Rides In ReVellion and their two releases being uploaded for free download.

Btw thanks for telling that. I highly respect bands that sell stuff at international itunes. Never tried them but I will.

Queen!

What is the act where you 'choke the chicken'/'beat the meat' (wink wink) while flying on a plane?

High jacking.

Person 4: Hahahaha, you think VII is the best? What a scrub! TRUE fans know that VI is the best game ever made. KEFKA LITERALLY DESTROYS THE ENTIRE WORLD, HOW COOL IS THAT!? Where's my fucking Final Fantasy VI remake Square!?!?!?!?

VI is the best though. :P 

Was so happy that they actually made a GBA version of it so I could play it on the train during my commute.

Then I broke my GBA screen like a few months later. :(

I am totally Person 4

except I don't make fun of people who love 7.

god damn it, a full-blown modern 6 remake could be so cool.

can you imagine suplexing a ghost train in today's graphics..?