Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

I'd like to hear a re-recorded version of Kiri to mayu or Ash

If we're counting songs that haven't been re-recorded, then they wouldn't do either of those. Kiri to Mayu was re-recorded as Sangeki no Yoru and Ash was re-recorded on the Myaku single, both from the Kaede ~if trans...~ "single". I would definitely love to hear a new interpretation of these, as long as they don't try to force their new style on a song that doesn't work. The interpretation of "undecided" was perfect.

Anything of Six Ugly would be AWESOME re-recorded.

as long as not Byo Shin And Children, both have been re recorded.

Esp. Children, have been 3 times and having different sounds each,

though not as radical as current re-recording.

If any, re-record jessica, berry or [kr cube] please.

make this punk pop song into something harder!

Children has been re-recorded THREE times? I thought it was just two, once for the Taiyou no Ao single and once for six Ugly. Where's the third one?

Children has been re-recorded THREE times? I thought it was just two, once for the Taiyou no Ao single and once for six Ugly. Where's the third one?

This

These are some really old songs (1998 - 2003) used in their recent setlists (hope it's accurate):

(The Unwavering Fact Of Tomorrow, Japan, 2011)

Gauze - mazohyst of decadence

Macabre - deity, Rasetsukoku

Ain't Afraid to Die

Kisou - KARASU

(The Unwavering Fact Of Tomorrow, Japan, 2010)

Kaede: If Trans... - Karma

Jealous - Unknown... Despair... a Lost

Gauze - 304 GOUSHITSU, HAKUSHI NO SAKURA

Macabre - Wake, Myaku, Hotarubi

Kisou - GYAKUJOU TANNOU KELOID MILK, Shinsou (over PA), mushi, embryo

Six Ugly - Mr Newsman, Byou Shin

Vulgar - Drain Away, Shokubeni, New Age Culture, Sajou no Uta, Kasumi, Child Prey, THE IIID EMPIRE

Kasumi - Fukai

Some of this just shocks me, if you click on the song name, it shows you when it was played last and if you go right down to the bottom - it tells you some of the songs they've covered but again accuracy is the question.

Fuck yeah Karasu and Wake

The bands recent set lists have surprised me (the ones in Japan), but they usually do stuff like this. From what I remember, they mostly played old tracks (karma etc.) at a knot only lives.

So to have a good idea of what they're going to be re-recording, we have to find tracks that have been consistent in their setlists outside of A Knot only lives.

I would love to see a re-recorded version of Rasetsukoku...oh goodness it would be AMAZING!

and @RED99: WOW GREAT FIND! I didn't know you could get info like this from setlist.fm! That is truly remarkable!

dunno about re-recordings, they totally destroyed/raped Obscure and Zan, well never been a fan of that song.

so Rasetsukoku, a song i really like, i would hate to see it get destroyed like Obscure

Hydra-666- was really good imo

dunno about re-recordings, they totally destroyed/raped Obscure and Zan, well never been a fan of that song.

so Rasetsukoku, a song i really like, i would hate to see it get destroyed like Obscure

Hydra-666- was really good imo

^totally second your opinion

Obscure was a huge disappointment. They destroyed it, I agree. It could've been done so much better but they made it worse instead. Made me lose my faith in their re-recordings.

Still very interested in the new songs though. Uroboros was magnificent so expectations are high. Looking forward to it.

i just want mazohyst of decadence :( either a live recording or a re-recording i dont really care as long as i get it :)

I think they would kill that song if they remake it. But I would love to see them play it live. Without altering it too much because it's good as it is...

I think they would kill that song if they remake it. But I would love to see them play it live. Without altering it too much because it's good as it is...

sad but true :(

a live would be best

indeed, in the 2009 tour in europe the obscure was already a bit different but still awsome, the re-recording itself was blasphemy=p

and as Des said Uroboros was an amazing album so i have high hopes for the new album

Well the problem with Zan, i feel like, is that it was really...eh (the original that is). It tried really hard to be this brutal track, but the band had not reached their full potential song writing-wise, and they were playing that generic VK pseudo-metal that soo many bands do.

With the new zan, it finally packed a punch. It finally had that punch that the original didnt have but tried sooo hard TO have. I've seen both live and the remake truly is superior (in my opinion) in every way. It's surprising because I even HATE HATE HATE "deathcore" (which is what people have been calling the zan track), but I enjoy this song. All screaming is TERRIBLE, but it just works with zan i guess.

Too bad they're not doing b-sides anymore. I hope that they won't keep making shitty remixes though :/

Yeah, Relentless you're right from what i saw in the setlists, the Japanese leg of the tour had most of the old school songs but not all of them i have listed are 「a knot?? only. The overseas leg of the tour comprised mostly of songs that fell in between the Vulgar and Uroburos eras. However, Rasetsukoku was the only old song they played and it had been played very frequently.

Old songs only played in「a knot??gigs

Jealous - Unknown... Despair... a Lost

Gauze- 304 GOUSHITSU, HAKUSHI NO SAKURA

Macabre - Hotarubi, Myaku

Vulgar - Increase Blue

Old songs only played in normal gigs (Japan)

Kaede: If Trans... - Karma

Macabre - Wake

Kisou - mushi, karasu

Vulgar - Drain Away, RED... [em]

Old songs played in both「a knot??& normal gigs (Japan)

Gauze - Mazohyst of Decadence

Macabre - Deity, Rasetsukoku*

Kisou - GYAKUJOUTANNOU KELOID MILK, embryo, Shinsou (over PA)

Six Ugly - Byo「??Shin, Mr. NEWSMAN

Vulgar - Kasumi, audience killer loop, The IIID Empire, Shokubeni, Sajou no Uta, New Age Culture, Child Prey

Kasumi- Fukai

ain't afraid to die

* - Played in 19/19 gigs of the Overseas leg and 11/24 gigs of the Japanese leg, even in Japan's Loud Park Festival. Surely not a coincidence.

Source is questionable?

That sounds so damn bad. How a band can ruin an amazing song like that is beyond me. It really shouldn't be possible to fuck up a song like that, even if you tried to do it. Impressive, though, because not many can ruin a song like that no matter how much they tried to fuck it up and make it bad.

Sign in to follow this