Spike760

Dir en grey

ARCHE is far from Dir en grey's best album imo. Its a great album but does not compare to the greatness that is Uroboros and Dum Spiro Spero. And it easily has some of the worst songs the band has written to date. To me, on borderline on par with Kisou, which i really dislike. But the songs that i do enjoy, save it. 

SHINYAS SUCH A FUCKING TROLL IT DRIVES ME CRAZY

HE SPENDS MORE TIME TAKING PHOTOS WITH RANDOM BANDOMEN AND THAT DEMON FUCKIN MONKEY THING HE DRESSES UP AS THAN ACTUALLY PRACTISING DRUMS

WHERE IS THE DOUBLE BASS WORK

WHERE ARE THE BLAST BEATS

CUZ I RLLY WANNA FUCKIN KNOWWWWW

but he's my troll and i wouldn't have it any otherway. love u shinya bby

THAT DEMON FUCKIN MONKEY

lmao are you referring to his cheburashka obsession?

anyway seeing as other members are currently 2busy with sukekiyo, decays, goth moomoo hoodies and finger paralysis, I kinda dig him just hanging out w. yoshiki and doing CGI looking photoshoots (like srsly he could model for FF VII re-release marketing pictures at this point, uncanny valley realness achieved)

ARCHE is far from Dir en grey's best album imo. Its a great album but does not compare to the greatness that is Uroboros and Dum Spiro Spero. And it easily has some of the worst songs the band has written to date. To me, on borderline on par with Kisou, which i really dislike. But the songs that i do enjoy, save it. 

Was Uroboros that great? The production was horrible. Really bad for people who cannot afford to go on concerts all the time. Dum Spiro Spero was also good, but not that good tbh. To me ARCHE is on par with VULGAR, as being two of the best releases they made.

Btw whats Shinya doing. He should practice some drums.

lol nice joke, dude

I almost believe you were serious

DSS is their worst release to date. It's basically a watered down Uroboros B-side collection.

For me, their three best releases are (in order from favorite) Kisou, Vulgar and Arche.

Kisou because I really liked industrial music at the time of it's release.

Vulgar because it was the first ever album I ever pre-ordered.

And Arche because it's reminiscent of their earlier visual sound but mix in some modern performances and you've got it. 

Was Uroboros that great? The production was horrible. Really bad for people who cannot afford to go on concerts all the time. Dum Spiro Spero was also good, but not that good tbh. To me ARCHE is on par with VULGAR, as being two of the best releases they made.

Btw whats Shinya doing. He should practice some drums.

Production, aside, i can still listen to both albums entirely without switching any songs. Phenomenon, Cause of Fickleness, Magayasou are very forgettable tracks. Kukoku is alright but only if you watch/listen to the Sugizo collab. Soshaku and Un Deux also fall into that section to. Mix that with the very sloppy track listing, its hard to think that they didn't just half ass a majority of that album. A lot of people are throwing in that "its on par with Vulgar" but even to me that is a HUGE stretch. While Vulgar isn't one of my all time favorites, it flows and sounds hella better than the majority of ARCHE to me. Its also an album i can listen to in its entirety minus one or two tracks. I'll even dare to say that besides the fact that a lot of the songs were played in D on the 7 string, there is almost no real comparison between the two....other than the "funnest" vibe of Cause of Fickleness.  

lol nice joke, dude

I almost believe you were serious

I'm being very serious.

DSS is their worst release to date. It's basically a watered down Uroboros B-side collection.

DSS feels more like a continuation of Uroboros but with the use of 7 strings, which is why i like it. Only major flaw is that the album as a whole (while i enjoy specific song performances) does not translate well live at all. 

its 2016 why are we still discussing this arche came out 2 years ago lmao

but i mean i cant keep my mouth shut so heres my two cents:

arche is phenomenal, better than DSS for sure

my heart belongs to dss so fuck arche

the best individual songs are on uroboros but as a whole its a mess

lmao are you referring to his cheburashka obsession?

anyway seeing as other members are currently 2busy with sukekiyo, decays, goth moomoo hoodies and finger paralysis, I kinda dig him just hanging out w. yoshiki and doing CGI looking photoshoots (like srsly he could model for FF VII re-release marketing pictures at this point, uncanny valley realness achieved)

im SLEEP tkjdljd

its 2016 why are we still discussing this arche came out 2 years ago lmao

but i mean i cant keep my mouth shut so heres my two cents:

arche is phenomenal, better than DSS for sure

my heart belongs to dss so fuck arche

the best individual songs are on uroboros but as a whole its a mess

And my bike is yellow. Thanks very much. Makes sense right?

And my bike is yellow. Thanks very much. Makes sense right?

this was almost funny/relevant try again

Arche has been out for just over a year, not two.

2014-2016 it has bEEN 2 YEARS HOW DARE U FIGHT THE CALENDAR !!!!!

Meanwhile kids die in syria.... man are you that bored to fight over shit like this?

Let's just conclude ARCHE has not been out for so long you can't talk about it anymore.

Meanwhile kids die in syria.... man are you that bored to fight over shit like this?

yes. dir en grey is love dir en grey is life. i will fight for my kyo chan.

yes bitches ARCHE budokan is this friday and saturday

i really shouldn't be so excited for a live but diru at the budokan is always a big fat deal

what will they play? how will they look?

imo budokan is the most true expression of DEG, thats the height of their live show--in a smaller venue its cool but their sound is massive enough to easily fill out such a huge venue.

When will Dir en grey finally step it up and add more traditional folk instruments / horns / saxophones or whatever to their sound.... that would be tight.....

When will Dir en grey finally step it up and add more traditional folk instruments / horns / saxophones or whatever to their sound.... that would be tight.....

Go peep that Dum Spiro Spero budokan bonus CD

take notes on setlists! and have fun. :)

IMAGINE I WAS GOING LOLOL THANK U ANYWAY

im that excited to hear other fans accounts lol -creys internally-

Imagine if you will they combined their last three albums together with David Bowie's last album Blackstar. As in the jazz and electronica aspects and then add the traditional folk instruments.

Imagine if you will they combined their last three albums together with David Bowie's last album Blackstar. As in the jazz and electronica aspects and then add the traditional folk instruments.

sukekiyo are not TOO far from that actually, kinda. :D I could definitely see them pull off something like that. DEG, not so sure.