Spike760

Dir en grey

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Does anyone know why he's weirdly obsessed with those plush monkey things? It's bizarre going through his instagram and just seeing them everywhere.

Disney-washed people seem to be rather dismissive about childhood figures of other cultures etc. (which is kinda funny seeing as how Soviet/Russian product like this would resonate with Japanese people very well but not with...Japan-o-ficionados? ("weeaboo" is way too offensive in my book))

13 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Disney-washed people seem to be rather dismissive about childhood figures of other cultures etc. (which is kinda funny seeing as how Soviet/Russian product like this would resonate with Japanese people very well but not with...Japan-o-ficionados? ("weeaboo" is way too offensive in my book))

Maybe one of his Russian bangya gave that doll to him lol

3 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

Disney-washed people seem to be rather dismissive about childhood figures of other cultures

I'm not vain enough to think you were talking about me directly, but if you were, please forgive my ignorance.

59 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I'm not vain enough to think you were talking about me directly, but if you were, please forgive my ignorance.

I didn't address you directly. What I did was merely being displeased about comments akin to that appearing every now and then. In case you found my post insulting though, please forgive me as well.

Crube's comment/reference seems legit btw.

Is wondered why Shinya would suffer injury in his ribs after this live....then I watched this. 

I think this is a beast of a performance but my goodness i can only imagine the toll playing those DSS songs took on his body. Damn....

Yeah, that performance doesn't exactly paint Shinya in a positive light. Any brutality that song could have had is missing because of Shinya's weak fills and patterns. He leaves too much space open! Why does he even have two kick drums?!

Edited by Saishu

More like foundation and all of that makeup magic (considering that he and Toshers are the only ones who use make-up excessively in the band), amirite.

Love or hate any member of the band, they all contribute in some way to the beast that is Dir en grey. None of them are replaceable. I think at some point or another, they've all had weak moments, but when they make music together, there's no denying that magic happens. It's unfortunate that the atmosphere they can conjure in the studio is hard for them to replicate live (especially DSS). That's one of the reasons I want them to strip back a bit and make an album that is *just* them, raw and ready with less of the deep, layered production they've had on the last few releases.

26 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I want them to strip back a bit and make an album that is *just* them, raw and ready with less of the deep, layered production they've had on the last few releases.

I think that's where Arche came from to be fair; it's a lot more simplistic structurally and instrumentally when compared to DSS and Uroboros. It certainly shows when they play the new stuff live; they absolutely nail it :)

20 hours ago, Saishu said:

Yeah, that performance doesn't exactly paint Shinya in a positive light. Any brutality that song could have had is missing because of Shinya's weak fills and patterns. He leaves too much space open! Why does he even have two kick drums?!

I agree that yes there were some iffy moments and such but for someone who programmed some pretty undoable parts, i gotta give him props for at least doing a great job trying his best to replicate it. I dig this specific setlist/DVD mainly because of him. Everyone else is also doing great but you can see how hard specifically shinya is going at it and i think its cool.

22 hours ago, emmny said:

shinya was the weakest link on dss! sorry!

The choices that were made while making DSS lies solely on the band as a whole imo. AT least live.

24 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Love or hate any member of the band, they all contribute in some way to the beast that is Dir en grey. None of them are replaceable. I think at some point or another, they've all had weak moments, but when they make music together, there's no denying that magic happens. It's unfortunate that the atmosphere they can conjure in the studio is hard for them to replicate live (especially DSS). That's one of the reasons I want them to strip back a bit and make an album that is *just* them, raw and ready with less of the deep, layered production they've had on the last few releases.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

I think that's where Arche came from to be fair; it's a lot more simplistic structurally and instrumentally when compared to DSS and Uroboros. It certainly shows when they play the new stuff live; they absolutely nail it :)

Uroko would like to have a word with you.