Spike760

Dir en grey

Tue Madsen doesn't get "paid for praise" most probably, since he gets paid to produce their album. Of course he's not to take serious, he won't obviously ridicule the band on their own record. I also found the TM comment pretty unnecessary. Most of the time he sounded like he desperately searched for big phrases to get this over quickly. Or his english is bad, don't know. But there's always certainty that he may be impressed by them. Not impossible.

he gets paid for sound mixing. their producing is done by Dynamite Tommy, who's been behind Dir en grey since 1998, or so, and used to have a good sense of what sells right now.

I'm pretty sure it was him who hired T.M. in the first place, and the only reason he's doing it consequently is to gather recognition of the western metalheads.

who, given the amount of promotion (almost non-existent), marketing budgets (see promotion), major labels interest (their parent label sony doesn't even bother pushing deg in the states), and last but not least, CD price in the US (compared to Japanese), just does not work that well.

I would be fine with it if all Dir en grey TM records didn't sound like cliche western m3t0ll that idgaf about.

more than that, while pre-wtd dir en grey records could benefit from a better mastering, their current sound annoys the hell out of me, and I honestly, prefer mastering that likes of  D.I.D. do to what diru currently release.

there's a similar line in the end of your review.

there's nothing TM brings to their records that a domestic studio would not achieve.

I don't understand their current shtick of preferring basement dwelling metal-heads over paying Japanese and pan-asian youth, because seriously, Asian CD market is still doing pretty well, sales are not dropping THAT much.

HMV went bankrupt because of inefficient management (and I'm quoting an actual asian music industry insider on that)

(and by the way, flagship HMV store has actually re-opened in HK central (read = insanely cash area) a month after that interview was published)

I have no idea when this western fever ends for Dir en grey, but this should stop.

if they want to keep profitable, they should go back to being an one of a kind export quality Asian band, and go back to being creative with music again.

&& by the way I'm glad they had a # 1 with this mini. cute past visual-ish photoshoots for rinkaku, and a decent title track for unravelling did the trick, it seems?

a couple PVC skirts and some toshiya/shinya contouring will make them relevant in the long term again, I think. (lvl 3 irony alert jsyk)

http://kyo-official.jp/top.html#information

https://twitter.com/kyo_official/

Kyo's official website was launched just after the end of live at Tokyo Dome.

There's announcement about the release of a photobook titled 『失格/disqualification』『for the human race』

I hope we get to hear more news soon!!!! 

Looks dope! 

he gets paid for sound mixing. their producing is done by Dynamite Tommy, who's been behind Dir en grey since 1998, or so, and used to have a good sense of what sells right now.

I'm pretty sure it was him who hired T.M. in the first place, and the only reason he's doing it consequently is to gather recognition of the western metalheads.

who, given the amount of promotion (almost non-existent), marketing budgets (see promotion), major labels interest (their parent label sony doesn't even bother pushing deg in the states), and last but not least, CD price in the US (compared to Japanese), just does not work that well.

I would be fine with it if all Dir en grey TM records didn't sound like cliche western m3t0ll that idgaf about.

more than that, while pre-wtd dir en grey records could benefit from a better mastering, their current sound annoys the hell out of me, and I honestly, prefer mastering that likes of  D.I.D. do to what diru currently release.

there's a similar line in the end of your review.

there's nothing TM brings to their records that a domestic studio would not achieve.

I don't understand their current shtick of preferring basement dwelling metal-heads over paying Japanese and pan-asian youth, because seriously, Asian CD market is still doing pretty well, sales are not dropping THAT much.

HMV went bankrupt because of inefficient management (and I'm quoting an actual asian music industry insider on that)

(and by the way, flagship HMV store has actually re-opened in HK central (read = insanely cash area) a month after that interview was published)

I have no idea when this western fever ends for Dir en grey, but this should stop.

if they want to keep profitable, they should go back to being an one of a kind export quality Asian band, and go back to being creative with music again.

&& by the way I'm glad they had a # 1 with this mini. cute past visual-ish photoshoots for rinkaku, and a decent title track for unravelling did the trick, it seems?

a couple PVC skirts and some toshiya/shinya contouring will make them relevant in the long term again, I think. (lvl 3 irony alert jsyk)

Their drummer should go back to dressing like Charo, tbh

"he gets paid for sound mixing. their producing is done by Dynamite
Tommy, who's been behind Dir en grey since 1998, or so, and used to have
a good sense of what sells right now."

Oh, sorry for confusing that. But really? That explains much.

Oh yeah Guys I had a Friend who also Loves Dir En Grey but he's a Brazilian Although & i also Listen Sometimes to Dir En Grey with

Their Recent  Songs are cool but Their old songs are also Nice Such as Kasumi, Child Prey, Jessica, Filth & some of their other songs isn't it awesome!

a few more details about a new [a knot] only DVD announced back in 2012.

2 discs, the show itself and documentary footage.

533740_580578731967027_1659062910_n.png

the setlist was:

10/10    【東京都】SHIBUYA-AX -「a knot」LIMITED-

01. 狂骨の鳴り
02. THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB
03. 流転の塔
04. OBSCURE
05. 滴る朦朧
06. 蜜と唾
07. DIABOLOS
INWARD SCREAM
08. 「欲巣にDREAMBOX」あるいは成熟の理念と冷たい雨
09. DIFFERENT SENSE
10. 獣慾
INWARD SCREAM
11. Audience KILLER LOOP
12. BUGABOO
13. HYDRA -666-
14. GRIEF
15. 冷血なりせば
Encore
16. VANITAS
17. 秒「」深 (New Ver.)
18. 羅刹国
19. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇

THE UNRAVELING will be released in Europe by Okami Records on 6th June.

Tracklist:

1. Unraveling

2. KARMA

3. KASUMI

4. KARASU

5. Bottom of the death valley

6. Unknown.Despair. Lost

7. THE FINAL

European bonus tracks (included only on CD format, not digital release):

1. undecided (from single GLASS SKIN)

2. ZAN (from single HAgeshisa..)

3. OBSCURE (from single LOTUS)

4. Tsumi to Kisei (from single DIFFERENT SENSE)

Nice to see all those remakes together, on one CD (might consider buying that version after it comes out). :)

Too bad they couldn't get the new MACABRE on there...

[...]

meanwhile DIABOLOS live from SHIBUYA-AX DVD has been uploaded.

video...

vanitas aswell (first live-vid actually me thinks...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FQ-vL2YRMo

it's a pleasure to see that after roundabout 15 years of band-existance kyo is finally able to sort of hit the notes he is supposed to when singing clean! :P extremely stoked for the june-gig in cologne^^it'll be a blast i guess

one more glorious upload.

秒「」深

Seems like they really stuck close to the original in this one

I like this more than Six Ugly version, nuff said.

Also, are there any news about them playing Reiketsu Nariseba/Saku as in 7-string versions? I know that they are currently playing ASOM with A tuning : |

one more glorious upload.

秒「」深

Byou「」Shin was always my least favorite song off of six ugly and I can't say this did much to make me increase my enjoyment. That said, I did listen to it off of laptop speakers, so I really have no idea lol.