Spike760

Dir en grey

@Cheesey

Eh, I meant that it had that mystical/traditional Asian "feel" to it and they were the band that came to my mind. bleh . . .

Proof that I fail at trying to say nice things about Dir en grey . . .

+ My two cents: Tbh, Old Cheesey's comments have been about as "constructive" and "original" as the endless stream of praise and worship going on in this thread.

No offense, but just about any five-year-old could type out 15 pages of nothing but "OMG THIS IS GONNA BE EPIC!!!" and "COOL!!! AWESOME!!!!" and "shut up u don't know what u r talking about u troll gtfo!!!" They have just as much depth, originality, and contribute just as much to the discussion and yet no one gets screamed at or put on the spot for saying those things.

That's where you're wrong. Please pay attention before you say soemthing. Dir en grey have released 7 albums and 2 EPs, as well as singles. I love three of the album. really like one and like two of them, as well as loving and living the two singles. Wouldn't that be considered liking the band,or do you have to like EVERYTHING a band releases to like a band? :S

none of Gargoyle's cover art looks like they were made by a 10 year old.

35996.jpg

Just sayin', don't wan't any trouble

Looks like shit, but not as if it was made by a 10 year old kid.

Also, I need to say this. I've never been a fan of Dir en grey's cover art. The only two I really like is Withering to Death and Uroboros, so it really doesn't surprise me that I don't like the cover art. But those two, I'd say is exceptional good!

it's ridiculous. You constantly bitch to get attention. And when you don't get it, you persist with these rude comments that aren't necessary. You may think you're edgy with some of these HIGHLY constructive ramblings that would put a 5 year old to shame, but no one is impressed. At least I'm not, so stop being so annoying and chill out. You're seriously one of the most annoying people I have ever seen on a forum...honestly.

The cover art definitely looks like it would be the cover for a Dir en Grey album. It fits in with the rest. Who cares about cover art anyway? At least it's not some crappy photoshopped band shot.

The track list sounds fine. What's wrong with ZA BURASUMINGU BEERUZABABU? Sounds pretty cute to me. :']

(LOL THE LAST THREE POSTS GOT POSTED BEFORE I COULD POST THIS. xD LOL@dat Gargoyle cover.)

Why must people always get butthurt over opinions in a Dir en grey thread? One person likes the cover art, someone else doesn't. That's life. Deal with it. I'm getting seriously irritated by the fact that each side seems to need to tell the other side that they're wrong and that they need to "come around". Swallow your pride and keep some peace for once for fucks sake.

Calm down, Will.

I like the cover, and I like this album having an apparent concept.

Yeah. I'd be exited if i would have liked the singles, but unfortunately no. More prog/synth/psychedelic stuff/MACABRE, less br00talpop songs.

In addition that what Zess said: I noticed an overall deterioration of the thread over the last 2 pages. It has descended from what seemed to be a fairly decent discussion to the usual kindergarten level that most Dir en Grey threads usually turn into. I will refrain from handing out actual warnings to people - for now. But we are watching this thread.

Also: sometimes it's not a bad idea to just shut up. Okay?

Now, get back on track before we have to start to delete posts.

hope the bonus songs are also on the special edition from japan since i ordered those=p is it already known what will be on that edition? the 2 cd, 1 dvd, 2 lp i mean

The CD comes like the regular edition, with out bonus track

Source

EDIT:

Also, You can pre-order the US version of this album here

The different Us version are:

DIR EN GREY - Dum Spiro Spero (Deluxe Edition) (like the European version with the same bonus track)

DIR EN GREY - Dum Spiro Spero (Standard) (Same as Japan and European version)

DIR EN GREY - Dum Spiro Spero (2 LP) (14 tracks like Standard, but in 2 vinyl)

There's also this one

Limited Edition Deluxe Bundle includes the following:

-CD Digipak With Bonus Tracks!

-Double Gatefold LP

-Album Digital Download

-Autographed Poster (while supplies last)

-Exclusive T-Shirt Design

But the site says its not available...

That weird-fonted album title is placed funnily

Everytime, when I am taking a look at that album cover...

I manage to read that whole thing only in vertical way (blame stupid font once again)

Is it me, or is there really a subliminal message or some sort of it?

To clear it up:

_DUM (had to put some spaces in the beginning)

SPIRO

SPERO

Do you see the same thing? I am pretty sure everybody has noticed this already but it's a new surprise for me

(p.s. I found it myself , didn't use hints from deg-argument bloggers at all)

dgUod.jpg

fixed.

bun in serious notes, i am not sure if there is any subliminal message.

But you can maybe try anagram ^__^v

dgUod.jpg

fixed.

bun in serious notes, i am not sure if there is any subliminal message.

But you can maybe try anagram ^__^v

Well, that ugly font seems to accentuate "MOO" in my opinion :D i dunno

but anagram? Dio's prom supper?

On-topic: i am pretty sure that album intro will be quite sa-bir-ish (with more squeals or so) since it means "the call of Kyokotsu" (="well ghost")

But pardon my stupidity, what the heck is DREAMBOX?

the dreambox title has me sort of confused lol. it roughly translates to "「DREAMBOX in the nest of craving??or a mature idea and cold rain, philosophy", but it's a play on words just like the other japanese titles on the album. As for its clear meaning...i have no idea haha

the dreambox title has me sort of confused lol. it roughly translates to "「DREAMBOX in the nest of craving」or a mature idea and cold rain, philosophy", but it's a play on words just like the other japanese titles on the album. As for its clear meaning...i have no idea haha

Dir en grey always sort of makes their titles purpously ambiguous so it's more difficult to figure out the meaning of the song. I would assume that DREAMBOX is just like a fancy box you put your dreams in, or something like a dream catcher, that keeps nightmares away. Just my thinking though, could be wrong.

this is odd, but drea,box always leads me to think about music box.

The music box always sounds dreamy when opened :mrgreen: