DIMLIM

17 minutes ago, seys said:

just got blocked by them lets on twitter for saying "dimlim makes me so sad"

Eo67MmiWMAEixQd?format=png&name=small

B R U H

MH should start having DIMLIM Twitter speedruns

Edited by Total Saikou

4 hours ago, patientZERO said:

Out of curiosity, what was the context of how they make you sad?

sad as in how they fell from grace or something lol

31 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

Serves you right for trolling the band lol 

trolling? the fuck are you on lmao

1 hour ago, seys said:

sad as in how they fell from grace or something lol

trolling? the fuck are you on lmao

Didn't you know?

Saying your opinion is trolling. Unless you're saying dimlim is the second coming of christ. Then you may state your opinion. Anyway, beware of this new rule cuz I'mma have to start giving out warnings and bans around here

(Lets has my family hostage. send help)

I just checked all the likes for their premi-ere-um live on twitter, and it's all vk-inclined Japanese people and weebs. Those mythical math rock fans were not present, so I guess they don't use twitter—or they could be off-the-grid too, so to speak, because they don't seem to play DIMLIM much on Spotify either, since all the artists that "the fans of this band like" are vk bands. Maybe the stats haven't updated yet idk

Lets brought this on himself with his complete lack of self-awareness and people skills. Their fans started making fun of them for not having a bassist only because Lets is doing his best to pretend that it's not an issue. One tweet going "we're looking for a new bassist please be patient kittekudasai and sunimaseenn" and no one would mention it ever again. 

Under normal circumstances I would have no sympathy for entitled gya either, but Lets should be aware that if you get backlash for something from the people you depend on, the solution is not to double down on everything that got you the backlash in the first place while blocking people left, right and center. I don't have anything against such an abrasive outsider art approach to PR either, but it's obvious that they still rely on those fans to even have a career. It's indisputable that all the people who bought their tickets in America are weebs and I won't listen to anything saying otherwise.

If he just made one self-deprecating tweet about this whole thing then it would all be over and people would stop shitting on them and go on waiting for new music, but no, Lets is his own biggest mark and he'll instead focus on the E S S E N C E, which is biting the hand that feeds you. People didn't shit on Yeti when Emiru moved on to play indie rock for a non-vk crowd. If they didn't do this shit and have their one-member street team here, then this topic would be dead. Now people are just enjoying the ride before it crashes.

4 hours ago, platy said:

Didn't you know?

Saying your opinion is trolling. Unless you're saying dimlim is the second coming of christ. Then you may state your opinion. Anyway, beware of this new rule cuz I'mma have to start giving out warnings and bans around here

(Lets has my family hostage. send help)

Re(t)solution of the Damlam

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Does Lets pay you to kiss his ass so hard or are you actually him? Because otherwise I can’t believe you are real, dude. 

Why? Because I don't care about the ones he blocked lol?I don't even care if he insults vk fans, I'm just into the music,as long as I like the music he puts out.Or should I also dislike the band because he blocked a few friends of yours? Lol.

1 hour ago, Karma’s Hat said:

I just checked all the likes for their premi-ere-um live on twitter, and it's all vk-inclined Japanese people and weebs. Those mythical math rock fans were not present, so I guess they don't use twitter—or they could be off-the-grid too, so to speak, because they don't seem to play DIMLIM much on Spotify either, since all the artists that "the fans of this band like" are vk bands. Maybe the stats haven't updated yet idk

Lets brought this on himself with his complete lack of self-awareness and people skills. Their fans started making fun of them for not having a bassist only because Lets is doing his best to pretend that it's not an issue. One tweet going "we're looking for a new bassist please be patient kittekudasai and sunimaseenn" and no one would mention it ever again. 

Under normal circumstances I would have no sympathy for entitled gya either, but Lets should be aware that if you get backlash for something from the people you depend on, the solution is not to double down on everything that got you the backlash in the first place while blocking people left, right and center. I don't have anything against such an abrasive outsider art approach to PR either, but it's obvious that they still rely on those fans to even have a career. It's indisputable that all the people who bought their tickets in America are weebs and I won't listen to anything saying otherwise.

If he just made one self-deprecating tweet about this whole thing then it would all be over and people would stop shitting on them and go on waiting for new music, but no, Lets is his own biggest mark and he'll instead focus on the E S S E N C E, which is biting the hand that feeds you. People didn't shit on Yeti when Emiru moved on to play indie rock for a non-vk crowd. If they didn't do this shit and have their one-member street team here, then this topic would be dead. Now people are just enjoying the ride before it crashes.

Didn't he get backlash just by saying he doesn't want to wear makeup anymore and wants to be seen as human? And vk stans suddenly started attacking him and the band? And that he doesn't listen to tech metalcore anymore?And nicely asked fans to stop pirating their work? issei got less hate for attacking a fan on Twitter over a meme lol. The bassist thing,he should just ask Sho to learn to play bass lol. 

Edited by zerozeroninex

4 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

Didn't he get backlash just by saying he doesn't want to wear makeup anymore and wants to be seen as human? And vk stans suddenly started attacking him and the band?

Pic or it didn’t happen. 

Just now, Komorebi said:

Pic or it didn’t happen. 

Back read this thread,Retsu got bashed here starting with that declaration that he doesn't want to be vk anymore and some vk stans got offended for some reason,this was a few months before Misc was released. 

So, I had plenty of time in the last half a year to listen to the entire Dimlim discography and I came to a conclusion that I would have preferred their last album to come out as a 2-3 songs maxi-single. "What's up", "Tick-tak" and some other song maybe.

Why? Well, Rijin was already a move into something not really metalcore or anything Dimlim used to be. And the two songs I mentioned above are sort of a nice continuation in that direction.

BUT. The whole album on it's own is a mess. All of the other songs have no memorable parts whatsover. The only thing I can recall from other songs is Sho's whiny "for the future" outro from the same song. And it's not because other songs are with complex structure or "math-rock" (hell no) inspired that makes it difficult to memorize. It simply is an uninspired pile of garbage that Lets for whatever "essense"-tial reasons decided to release as an album.

Edited by zaa_zaa

How are you guys sure Retsu runs the bands official pages btw? The official pages English are actually good while Retsu's post in English on his sns is prone to grammar and spelling mistakes.Another reason I don't think he runs the pages is someone alleged that he or she got blocked by the official Twitter just by asking if they have plans to release Various digitally, but I asked the same question on Retsu's sns and he didn't block me.

27 minutes ago, zaa_zaa said:

So, I had plenty of time in the last half a year to listen to the entire Dimlim discography and I came to a conclusion that I would have preferred their last album to come out as a 2-3 songs maxi-single. "What's up", "Tick-tak" and some other song maybe.

Why? Well, Rijin was already a move into something not really metalcore or anything Dimlim used to be. And the two songs I mentioned above are sort of a nice continuation in that direction.

BUT. The whole album on it's own is a mess. All of the other songs have no memorable parts whatsover. The only thing I can recall from other songs is Sho's whiny "for the future" outro from the same song. And it's not because other songs are with complex structure or "math-rock" (hell no) inspired that makes it difficult to memorize. It simply is an uninspired pile of garbage that Lets for whatever "essense"-tial reasons decided to release as an album.

I like a almost all the songs, I only dislike To Fool. Out of the darkness, Lament, What's Up, Before it's too late,Tick Tack, Take me out,For the future are great songs that got stuck on my head. My only criticism is that Retsu should had dusted his S7G in a couple of tracks like Before and For the future instead of using his Tele on all the songs. 

3 minutes ago, platy said:

You should take your own advice 

I did before I became active on this forum, why? 

Edited by zerozeroninex

15 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

because you clearly don't navigate the space of stale dimlim drama that retsu himself has crafted with his shitty band handling and ego/drug issues over past year presenting everything through your idealized stan retelling

I actually acknowledged that Retsu isn't a good businessman,he missed additional income oppurtunities by not releasing bonus le stuff to force fans to buy multiple copies of Cheodora, Rijin and Misc. 

4 minutes ago, zerozeroninex said:

I actually acknowledged that Retsu isn't a good businessman,he missed additional income oppurtunities by not releasing bonus le stuff to force fans to buy multiple copies of Cheodora, Rijin and Misc. 

Then, they released Kidoairaku with that crazy price, had to get all that lost money from chedoara and rijin sales