gnk777

Girugamesh will disband

Curious to know what is the reason behind this decision.
It's unexpected. If they wanted to disband I believe they will announce it in another way.
Not just  "hey guys, just to say thanks to all of you 'cause our last show is in two months and we  will disband after"

It sounds like hasty announcement for a band like them.

As someone who was so into them up into MUSIC, this is sad news.

But I can see it coming, wishing them luck for their future endeavors.

Reading this was unexpected and genuinely painful and saddening.  I have been along for the ride ever since 2006 when the PV for Owari to Mirai was released and made me fall in love with their sound.  Their recent revival blew me away and made me excited for their future, which made this announcement hit all the harder.  Much like the announcement when D'espairsRay disbanded, it will take me a while to accept and come to the realization that one of my favorite bands in the scene is no longer creating music together.

This is just terrible news.

Crap I just heard about this, and it seems everyone else has already heard the news.

Is there a link to this news on their twitter?

It's disappointing news indeed, hearing a nostalgic band of yours break this type of news abruptly, just when you think they were coming back.

I wish I wasn't so broke from seeing the GazettE in NYC, then maybe I'd fly out and see them.

3 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Oh wow, unexpected indeed... Will try to make it to their show then I guess. ;<

Same here..London for me then

Edited by Messenger84

Unexpected... They were one of the first jrock bands I listened to, along with SCREW...
Wow... I literally have no words for this :/

Very unexpected..

I had just listened to their 2 newest mini-albums last month, after letting them sit untouched on my hard drive. I thought they were pretty good, definitely an improvement from before. 

Idk why but i always had this nagging feeling that they'd call it quits sooner or later. Everyone will be well off after this disbandment and will probably still be pretty active after. Shuu has KEEL, Ryo could do his own solo album if he really wanted to because his compositions and covers are pretty boss. Didn't Satoshi also have another band on the side too?

Either way, yeah this sucks but enh. Shit happens. They're leaving on a strong note imo and they've prob done all that they can or wanna do. Its cool with me. :)

This is sad to hear for sure. I thought they were really getting their creative juices flowing but perhaps they've all grown so much as musicians that they simply don't feel they can keep going in a direction that they can agree on for the future. I wish the best for all of them and hope to see where they go afterwards.

i fucking hate seeing bands leave on such a strong note, chimera was totally awesome.

i don't stan them all that hard but to echo everyone else's sentiment, i just assumed they'd stay together for a while longer

24 minutes ago, The MAD Stallion said:

Idk why but i always had this nagging feeling that they'd call it quits sooner or later. Everyone will be well off after this disbandment and will probably still be pretty active after. Shuu has KEEL, Ryo could do his own solo album if he really wanted to because his compositions and covers are pretty boss. Didn't Satoshi also have another band on the side too?

Either way, yeah this sucks but enh. Shit happens. They're leaving on a strong note imo and they've prob done all that they can or wanna do. Its cool with me. :)

Satoshi had REDMAN which was a glorified solo project to me. But it's been silent for the last 2 years, that's not to say they couldn't pick it back up. He has such a great scream tho, I'd be sad to see him go 100% into the pop market.

For some reason this doesn't come as a surprise but on the other hand they seemed like a band that could have gone on for ages. Been listening to them since way back when and saying this doesn't at least hurt a little would be a lie.

Now I'm also extra sad that I can't go to the European tour because of circumstances, even though I initially was planning on going. It's been 7 years since I saw them live and I never really thought they'd "not come back" one day.

I guess at least I'm glad they're going out with Chimera for a last release rather than something like Now or Go.

We had a good run, Giru. You'll be missed.

Edited by Kaye

Whaaaat :( I hadn't listened to most of their recent releases, but they always seemed like they were doing well, and their early work was among my favorites at the time. Sad to see them go.