Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

Ah, seems like they got a guy who's good at mixing guitars. They usually sound like crap. Though seems like they killed Toshiya, but it's just youtube-quality so we'll see.

Edit: I'm actually digging this sample a lot. Sounds like DIM-era Gazette. Yes, this will cause a shitstorm, but you know it's true. Guitar sound, riffing style, it's like Leech with a hint of Chizuru, with higher vocals and without chicks.

^ the good thing is, there's no ohaiitzfail anymore, or else... Well you know what will happen :mrgreen:

this teaser really brought up expectation, doesn't it?

Hope it will be climatic.

Guitar sound, riffing style, it's like Leech with a hint of Chizuru, with higher vocals and without chicks.

Perhaps that's why I like it so much. My favorite song of all times is Chizuru. I really like this sample and the pv preview looks nice, especially the lady floating. Kyo does indeed look like some japanese rapstar XD

i'm kind of curious how the thing with the girl is gonna turn out

also i like the way the band is positioned, at least in this clip.

^ the good thing is, there's no ohaiitzfail anymore, or else... Well you know what will happen :mrgreen:

NOT A GOOD THING. >:E

Though seems like they killed Toshiya, but it's just youtube-quality so we'll see.

If you choose the 720p setting on Youtube and wear some good headphones you should be able to here the bass quite well.

I can at least, but it might be because I'm a bassist so I kind of listen for it haha.

He does a pretty sweet fill about mid way through the preview which I find to be reminiscent of his bass in Dozing Green's chorus.

and some more facebook-news...

Steffi Thiem: What was your feeling when you performed LOTUS live for the first time?

Shinya: We rehearsed the song many times before the tour,

but I felt that everything fell into place during the real show.

Toshiya: Just wanted to play it live outside of Japan too!

Zack Snipes: What are the Guitars tuned to?

Kaoru: ADADGBE from the 7th string.

Linda Gradin: From people who have seen LOTUS live, they say it has already changed compared to the teaser.

Seeing as it was recorded so long ago, that's understandable.

How has the band seen this song evolve from the creation up until now?

Toshiya: I believe that evolution comes only when you do not fear change.

Mireille Dumoulin: Thank-you for "Lotus". I await it's release with great excitement and anticipation.

Are there any specific reasons as to why "Obscure" and "Reiketsu Nariseba" were chosen to be featured on the new single?

Die: OBSCURE is a song that we have been playing live for many years, in some ways it has become a routine song for us.

We wanted to build it up even more and put it onto a record this time. As for REIKETSU NARISEBA, since the release of UROBOROS,

we have also been playing this song live a lot and it has developed into a “Live song?? throughout the many plays. So now it’s time to record it.

Mario Lozano: What caused the group to make the decision of tuning the guitars down to E(*) rather than their usual C#?

Kaoru: I just wanted to match the guitar to the key of the melody, that’s all.

*The tuning has been down to "A".

EDIT: apparrently LOTUS has already been played on some stations (bay FM or so...) any recordings yet?

Why really bother worrying about hearing the radio rip now though? The single comes out on Tuesday/Wednesday after all. Well, alright hearing it a few days early wouldn't be bad, but I think I'd still just prefer waiting for the whole thing.

I agree with Wind. It's not too much longer to wait for a good quality version. I'd rather not have my expectations ruined by a shitty radio rip. However, I do know that certain parts of the US have already started playing it. I'm not sure if it's going to be completely nationwide, though. I know my part of the country is very big into bands like Dir en grey and they would want to have something new to listen to. If I can get in touch with the DJ... I bet I could get him to play it.

i have a radio rip, it's bad quality, but...

It sounds nothing like hageshisa at all.. Let me just say that first off. The only similar part is the chorus. Other than that, I haven't really even heard as much as a grunt or a growl in it

...I say that the song was pretty awful. Glass Skin > Lotus.

And the more that I listen to it, the more I can't stand the chorus.

But that was to be expected. I'll reserve a second impression after release.

I hope that's edited for radio, because it's way too fucking short. The chorus came back way too fast and the build up was next to nothing.

Otherwise sounds interesting enough and i can't wait to hear it.

That youtube video was removed by the user.

In any case, I think i'll wait until it's actual release.

And I talked to my local hard rock radio station about them playing it and they wouldn't play it because they are Japanese.

Think I should sue?

And I talked to my local hard rock radio station about them playing it and they wouldn't play it because they are Japanese.

Think I should sue?

OMG, This is 2011 and yet some people still lives in 1950's where racial issues are too bold. Sadness. :(

btw i missed that radio rip but whtevr i'll try to listening that this weekend.

I was still hoping there would be some more variety to the guitars in the chorus, but surprisingly I kind of like it. Hope there are no screams and the usual uguhughuhgugurrghh from Kyo in the rest of the song.