Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

There's fans like that in ever fanbase.

Totally.

I'm both glad and sad that undercode has not established an official facebook yet. Or I haven't stumbled upon it.

btw reading previous pages was quite amusing too. "Kaysuu" & "Macaberr", FML

Guess i went to a different London show when all i saw was Weaaboos, Scenekids and a couple of reasonably handsome young men and women.

I sort of feel bad for all the short people in the crowd. One of them looked like she was going drown in a like lake of constantly moving and jumping people.

Though I hate to interject a story now in regard to types of fans of Dir en grey, this was actually pretty cool when it happened to me.

I went to the St. Louis show back in, what, September '10 I guess? Either way, last tour in America. I get off the metro with some friends to walk to the venue and we see these two asian girls getting off too. Now, I immediately wonder if they're going to the show, but wasn't too interested. One of those passing "oh hey" moments. Either way, we walk the block and a half to the joint and get in line and see those girls again. I can hear them this time and they are speaking Japanese fluently enough. The usual Tokyo-ben girl chatter. I was intrigued, but again only in one of those "oh hey" type ways. We all make it in and watch Evaline go through a pretty cool short set, but, well - it's not what everyone came for. I head for the pit area.

As it would happen I end up next to these two girls and strike up a conversation. They're chattering as well as they can in a loud, crowded venue, but overall seem just to be waiting. Me, wanting to actually use my Japanese (I'm paying my University to teach me - might as well get some practice right?) strike up a conversation. Here's the fun facts of what I learned from these two:

*They came from Tokyo

*Following DEG all over their N. America tour.

*Had been to over 100 shows of DEG.

Nice girls, really. A bit out of their element (for obvious reasons), but really nice. I was amazed at the depth of their devotion to the band though (ya know, following them across the world and spending a few thousand dollars in the process).

Now granted these two are from a different culture, but still, for the level of love they showed, they were calm, rational, and very well accepting of just about everything and everyone there. By the end of the show both of them were at the edges of the pit me and some others made - I'm pretty sure they would've joined had it not been for the hardcore dancers.

Just thought I'd share.

yeah, people are judgemental sometimes.

I am sure some people that saw those girls was thinking they are Asian-American weaboos or a show off without knowing the facts.

It's funny sometimes. They tried to laughed off weaboos but ridicule themselves in the process.

When I went to the Versailles gig I somehow expected more normal people but the only people normally dressed were my friend and I (with normal I mean a shirt/top and jeans with sneakers) and a group of Belgian people behind us. They were pretty nice as well.

Kyo sounds like he's struggling a lot during this clip. I mean, he can't naturally hit those notes but he does.

The song has been described to me by a friend "the chorus is nothing like the rest of the song. There are like...30 second pockets throughout the song where it just slows down and becomes beautiful and calm. It's so hard to describe but it's seriously my new favorite DEG song"

I can hear those "pockets" that your friend was talking about right at the end of that clip. Also, seconding that struggling. It reminds me a little of Dozing Green, where Kyo was struggling to hit notes in some parts of the song on the single version.

I still don't understand how it defies melody, but I've only heard 26 seconds of it so....that's probably why.

I don't necessarily like DIR EN GREY's music, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try :D !

i guess nico douga will had it eventually, and it'll creeps into youtube moments after and infected it like flu.

I am waiting for it, i'll look around xD *put excitement here*

OBSCURE new version teaser upped on nico douga.

i tried to embed it, but this borad seems do not have mod for NND

So i'll share the URL instead, anyone who got the account can watch it.

And maybe can help to rip it for youtube, too?

Anyway,

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12977219

Sounded, well, guttural, kinda.

The singing part have different lyrics.

But the bass line sounded the same, only more guitar distortion, if not the same.

it still have Kyo's squeals or something, too.

That part didn't replaced on the new version.

So pretty much the same, but only the lyrics.

From this 39 secs preview anyway.

that clip is actually a fan singing over the original what the new version sounds like, not an actual sample of the song

after i proofread the description again, it's seems so.

Said it's been presented around Autumn in concerts.

And the uploader like to give a raw examples of how it'll sounds like.

So final result might or might not be too far away from this.

Anyway, i have rip it into mp3, to anyone who like to hear it: THIS WAY PL0X

So now Kyo can just Growl along the song and the chorus isn't as challenging to sing anymore because there isn't as much high notes? NICE GOING.

I'm probably wrong about the chorus and the real version will prove me wrong... i hope

I wasn't a fan of the original but the original beats of what I've heard here. It's just some random growling?