Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

Dunno really where I should write this but I guess this is a good thread:

DIR EN GREY has got a new Facebook, Twitter and YouTube-channel.

All three are now managed by Japanese management sun-krad co.,Ltd. and is official and original (ignore all other one who claiming it to be fake)

So, unlike/unfollow/unsupscribe their old one, an join their new ones instead!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dir-en-gr ... 6214741115

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/direngrey_web

YouTube-channel: http://www.youtube.com/direngreyweb

Quote from their new official Facebook, wroted TODAY:

Dir en grey Official

We apologize for the confusion we are causing all the fans with two active DIR EN GREY facebook accounts online. This account you are viewing here is managed solely by the Japanese management. We will not only bring you the latest DIR EN GREY news but we hope to also have fun content for all of you all over the world.

Thanks for your s...upport for the band and we hope to have you along for the ride in the future too!

(Their old Facebook, Twitter and YT was managed by North American management DAMN Management, and they only focused on North American related news, these accounts are now invalid and fake)

I had never understood why Diru fans are viewed as fucktards... but reading the FB comments reveals they're actually working hard to keep that honorable impression.

Kyo-kun kawai desu ne ^_______^

There's fans like that in ever fanbase. There's a sense of elitism amongst J rock fans, and so it's only natural that they call fans of other bands fucktards, fangirls, fanboys, etc. In fact the Dir en grey fanbase, because it is sooooooooo diverse, is a lot less crazy than most fanbases. If anything they're extremely moderate aside from a few bad apples lol

There's fans like that in ever fanbase. There's a sense of elitism amongst J rock fans, and so it's only natural that they call fans of other bands fucktards, fangirls, fanboys, etc. In fact the Dir en grey fanbase, because it is sooooooooo diverse, is a lot less crazy than most fanbases. If anything they're extremely moderate aside from a few bad apples lol

Sorry, but no. I have to disagree here. Dir en grey fans range from calm and sensible to batshit fucking insane. And there are a LOT of batshit fucking insane Dir en grey fans (it's just that most of them think they're normal and that everyone else is batshit insane). Hell, sometimes I can't stand other Dir en grey fans because they piss me off. Sure, when Dir en grey made the change around six Ugly/VULGAR we threw a bunch of the extra superficial KYO IS SO KAWAII DESU off the Diruwagon but if you think we haven't found enough idiots to replace them and more you're wrong.

Your assumptions are honestly several years outdated. Have you been to a Dir en grey show recently? If so, where? When?

I've been around so much. There's drama at Dir en grey shows, sure I'll admit that, but that is from the select few that camped several days to see the band. It's isolated. And whenever there's drama online, it's between about...oh...5 or 6 people. Huh. Dir en grey have a pretty large fanbase. They play moderately sized venues which sell out (max about 4,000), and if only a few people at a few shows start drama, act crazy, act obnoxious, it's in no way representative of a large portion of the fanbase.

Sorry, you're a few years late. Like 5. You're wrong.

Oh and try to refrain from that ridiculously BS argument: OH THEY R SO OBSESSIVE OVER THE BAND. DATS Y DEG FANS SUCKZ

Well come on let's be honest here: If someone thinks that a band is the greatest thing to walk the earth, then it's implied they exhibit some obsession. There are a lot of fans that think DEG is the greatest band of all time, but I mean, that's expected. It's like Radiohead fans, and Mars Volta fans, and oh...every kind of fan. A Dir en grey fanbase is no different from any other. There's some good stuff, bad stuff, but it's no different.

just a heads up bby <3

but yeah, you're still wrong.

Actually I have been. August show in NYC, 2010. But this is also besides the point. While you are spot on about there being drama at shows (I mean, c'mon if you've been camping out there for 3,4,5 days and someone's trying to cut in front of you expect to see some drama) shows aren't the only place that there be drama. Before I get into that though:

- there are just the general Japwap idiots at shows who can't shut up for two minutes to hear how retarded they sound and inject several cliche Japanese phrases into their sentences to seem cool. You know, the ones that discovered Dir en grey last week and fake like they've been listening to them since "Kaysuu" and "Macaberr".

- one time outside of the venue as Diru were walking inside some idiot and a bunch of his friends barged right out of a car and ran right through them screaming "WE MUST SEE DIRU" and generally flapping their weeaboo wings everywhere before taking their position at the far end of the line. Sad thing is, I don't even think they knew who they were because they didn't stop or apologize, even while everyone was staring at them with enough malice to break a cinder block.

- I've gotten kicked in the back of a head at a Diru show (how does your foot get up there again?) by someone angry that I got closer to the stage than he did and I know a few of my friends have gotten into bitchfights with other tr00 fans who have problems when people try to get closer to see a band. Because, of course you go to a Dir en grey show to stand at the back, calm and collected and see nothing, do nothing and scream nothing. Also, bars are sacred lines that must not be touched, crossed or even debated with in any way because if someone's standing in front of you at a Dir en grey show when Sa Bir starts, that's of course enough to say that you two should stay in the same exact position all show. There are also fans that like to argue down other fans when it comes to the exact date and time of attending a show, because everyone cannot get enough of Prophet Kyo's often unintelligible wisdom. So, even when you were on TV and there's a snapshot of you on the news, you're just a sellout fake fan who doesn't deserve to even listen to Dir en grey because of how fake you are.

Of course, because fans can tell other fans how much to listen to a band.

- There are the fans that like to rank all other fans based on how much Dir en grey physical releases they have, so of course someone that has all the singles is somehow superior and more elite than someone that just has Uroboros because that's when they discovered them. I've never actually run across a fanbase where fans try to stratify one another based on how many releases they have and then brag about these releases outside venues as if it makes them more of a fan. Go on, talk about your Clever Sleazoid single. C [LIVE] recording on that disk was sooooo powerful!

But that's besides the point. Concerts are only one place out of many that you see Dir en grey fans and I also assure you that the presence of the deity Will doesn't oversee every Dir en grey show, every forum post, every album purchase and every illegal download that has ever occurred. Not every Dir en grey fan does (or can afford to) to go a live show. Some people are just casual listeners of Dir en grey, but still consider themselves fans. Some people are new fans and haven't had the chance to get to see them live. There are different degrees of fandom and different degrees of annoying amongst fans (and different degrees of what those are amongst fans themselves). I'm not one to swath a whole group into a label but if I were to assign labels (which would be long and tedious) there would be different degrees of annoyance and ignorance that exist within the fanbase. There are annoying fans at places other than lives: there are annoying fans on forums, there are annoying fans on blogs, there are annoying fans on annoying fansites, there are annoying fans on last.fm. Perhaps from what you've seen and what you've personally witnessed, the fans have improved. But from what I've seen and what I've witnessed, the only thing that's changed are that the oldfags have become silentfags, the newfags became oldfags and the neofags are twice as annoying as the oldfags were.

And no, I'm not even talking about the trolls and those that have their heads so far up their ass they think Dir en grey is the best band to ever come out of Japan and nothing else that has come before or come after will ever be as revolutionary. They're in an entire different boat of ignorant.

So, based on my personal experience I'm wrong at all. See, that's the thing about personal experience. It's all subjective.

^kind of agree with that.

I've seen them three times now. My boyfriend saw them like 4 or 5 times more. But every time I've seen them (in three different countries) the crowd was different.

While I really wanted to kill those crazy fangirls in Paris, the fans in the Netherlands were normal and calm, and then, last summer in London, the crowd went insane, and apart from one or two little girls that got in my way, I just saw kids having fun.

I guess it's 50/50 these days. The fangirls are growing up, the new fans grew up in different styles and fashion than the older fans and so on,... There will always be over-obsessive fans, but in the case of Jrock bands it really depends on where you live. (In Belgium they'd laugh at you, in Paris they'd scream their lungs out, in London they'd have fun and crawl into moshpits.) Though apart from the screaming in my ears, and all the fluffiness, the Paris one still is the best one I've seen :P

First before I address everything else. Did you personally witness all of these guys running out of a car and screaming "we must see diru"? People piling out of a car in the middle of Times Square sounds very unlikely and borderline suicidal in all honesty. If this is hearsay, I'm going to disregard it because I can't how many times someone has drastically switched a a story for their own personal gain. If you witnessed it, then was it in August? I doubt you witnessed it though because you refrained from "oh I saw this" to add to the validity of your story. I'm curious about this matter.

>Wapanese / Japwap etc.

Everyone cites a similar example of the same story for every fan of every VK or J-Rock band. If it's not Dir en grey, it's the GazettE, or Sadie, or X Japan, or MUCC, or D'espairsRay. I have heard this story done thousands of times over. They are not exclusive to the Dir en grey fanbase. And in all of the shows I have been to, I have never heard this ever happen. I have read it online, but never heard. So I really find it borderline hard to believe though I am not denying the existence of such people. But since I haven't really come across them out of all of the people I have interacted with, I figure they are extremely minute and only appear at Miyavi shows and the like. I did hear that at a Miyavi show recently (in the US) there were a ton of kids like this. So, no, not exclusive to Dir en grey, instead it's what wapanese kids do.

>kaysuu and macaberr

you're implying that people who mispronounce the names of said albums are new fans that have only liked them for a week. Logic fail. Those can not be connected in anyway. Subsequently, I have heard people butcher the band name, members names, etc. that have liked them for a very long time (personal experience, personal observation).

>Kicked in the back of the head

were you anywhere near the pit? If so. There you go. Expect to get hit or kicked. People kick in mosh pits, ever been to a hardcore show? No? Didn't think so. People do this. And the whole OH PEOPLZ SHOULDNT DO THAT AT SHOWS is a completely separate argument that is pointless. If you were nowhere near the pit, then I'm sorry your delicate head got kicked. That was one person out of the 2,999 other people there. I have never come in contact with any people like that, nor do I know anyone that has, so i take it that that instance was incredibly rare.

>deity will

that's too cute. You see, the things I say come from knowledge, stories I've been told, or things I've personally experienced. You should also note that I am apart of many Dir en grey communities to help me get the most info on the band that I can. This includes live reports, release information, gossip, rumors, etc. And you can only IMAGINE that line drama has been brought up before and people who are assholes at lives. But mind you, these problems are not regular occurences at Dir en grey shows. There's always the occasional asshole that should be locked up, sure. But that's at every other show. I'm not going to sit here and say that I know more about Dir en grey than you, but I suspect I have access to more resources than you, which has developed overtime. So no, I'm not a deity, just passionate about a band and the things that go on with them.

But I have heard one story that happened to my friend in London that was pretty bad. It was fucked up, but I have never heard a story like it before, so I take it it was a one-time occurence.

So no. Though I don't doubt you have seen stuff or heard stories, you are largely going off of misleading and out of date rumors and gossip to fuel your argument. that's not the way to do it bro, you really only had one instance of PERSONAL EXPERIENCE in your whole argument, soo....yeah.....

>Some new fans didn't have the chance to see them live

Yeah? I know that. Thus why I mentioned "I have seen a lot of that kawaii desu ne shit online" because newer fans tend to go to youtube and such and begin to branch out overtime.

well, what can you expect really?

Some people that are new to something out of their habit will usually super excited about it.

I don't know if there's right to name one people a "weaboo" or not.

I believe most people that listened and like VK was once a "weaboo", too.

From being excited with everything, not just the band, but also the food and everything else.

Like "OMG I'M EATING TAKOYAKI? SQUEE!!" and stuffs.

It's all O.K with me about "weaboo-ness"

Maybe it looks annoying to some people because they were once that kind of person too.

And it embarassed them to see how they were like before they moved on to another fandom.

there always be fandom everywhere, not just VK.

I guess Metal (and all of it's sub-genres) are also have their own elitists, too.

The way they called every new bands sucks and some particular old bands as "never dies".

It's not a wrong thing. They just love things they liked so much is all.

Since we, ourselves, don't like to be told what we must and must not do.

So why we must do it to the other party?

Just live and let live. As simple as that.

First before I address everything else. Did you personally witness all of these guys running out of a car and screaming "we must see diru"? People piling out of a car in the middle of Times Square sounds very unlikely and borderline suicidal in all honesty. If this is hearsay, I'm going to disregard it because I can't how many times someone has drastically switched a a story for their own personal gain. If you witnessed it, then was it in August? I doubt you witnessed it though because you refrained from "oh I saw this" to add to the validity of your story. I'm curious about this matter.

Nope, wasn't during the August show. Back during the WtD/MOAB era when they came for the show at MSG. And no, I didn't actually see them run into the band but the commotion they made + the people in front of me that witnessed it + the people in front of me pointing out the idiots as they moved to the back of the line are enough for me to believe they at least NEARLY ran into them, if not ran into them completely.

>Wapanese / Japwap etc.

Everyone cites a similar example of the same story for every fan of every VK or J-Rock band. If it's not Dir en grey, it's the GazettE, or Sadie, or X Japan, or MUCC, or D'espairsRay. I have heard this story done thousands of times over. They are not exclusive to the Dir en grey fanbase. And in all of the shows I have been to, I have never heard this ever happen. I have read it online, but never heard. So I really find it borderline hard to believe though I am not denying the existence of such people. But since I haven't really come across them out of all of the people I have interacted with, I figure they are extremely minute and only appear at Miyavi shows and the like. I did hear that at a Miyavi show recently (in the US) there were a ton of kids like this. So, no, not exclusive to Dir en grey, instead it's what wapanese kids do.

They exist, trust me. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist. They love congregating at Dir en grey shows at MSG I'll tell you that much. We can't get enough of them. Next time I go to a show I'll redirect them to you so you can see them yourself.

>kaysuu and macaberr

you're implying that people who mispronounce the names of said albums are new fans that have only liked them for a week. Logic fail. Those can not be connected in anyway. Subsequently, I have heard people butcher the band name, members names, etc. that have liked them for a very long time (personal experience, personal observation).

I'm also implying that when I asked them what their favorite song off MACABRE is, all I got was a blank face and a bunch of "uhhh's". I'm guessing you haven't run into the posers either. I'll send them in a box as well.

>Kicked in the back of the head

were you anywhere near the pit? If so. There you go. Expect to get hit or kicked. People kick in mosh pits, ever been to a hardcore show? No? Didn't think so. People do this. And the whole OH PEOPLZ SHOULDNT DO THAT AT SHOWS is a completely separate argument that is pointless. If you were nowhere near the pit, then I'm sorry your delicate head got kicked. That was one person out of the 2,999 other people there. I have never come in contact with any people like that, nor do I know anyone that has, so i take it that that instance was incredibly rare.

Reasonably, not exactly inside it but it was near me. I'm more convinced he kicked me because I was in front of him, not because I was near the mosh pit. I'm frail - I know better than to get in a mosh pit. But that of course is a subjective, one time experience neither one of us can get the other to change their mind on :3

>deity will

that's too cute. You see, the things I say come from knowledge, stories I've been told, or things I've personally experienced. You should also note that I am apart of many Dir en grey communities to help me get the most info on the band that I can. This includes live reports, release information, gossip, rumors, etc. And you can only IMAGINE that line drama has been brought up before and people who are assholes at lives. But mind you, these problems are not regular occurences at Dir en grey shows. There's always the occasional asshole that should be locked up, sure. But that's at every other show. I'm not going to sit here and say that I know more about Dir en grey than you, but I suspect I have access to more resources than you, which has developed overtime. So no, I'm not a deity, just passionate about a band and the things that go on with them.

Really, because all of the knowledge that you've displayed within these last two posts seems to be quite devoid of the less sparkly parts of the Dir en grey fandom that you know to stay away from. Yeah, we all know the average YouTube comment is enough to cause brain ulcers and that you have a couple of closet fans who like to make brogs and desu up all about Dir en grey until the sun rises from the west but there are a lot more than you are aware of, specifically because you limit your involvement to places that have a small amount of such annoying fans. While we need less fans like them and more fans...not like them...completely downplaying the existence of about 40% of the fanbase (at least) is a little ridiculous.

And yes, I hate line assholes .____.

But I have heard one story that happened to my friend in London that was pretty bad. It was fucked up, but I have never heard a story like it before, so I take it it was a one-time occurence.

Now you've gotten me curious. What happened to him?

So no. Though I don't doubt you have seen stuff or heard stories, you are largely going off of misleading and out of date rumors and gossip to fuel your argument. that's not the way to do it bro, you really only had one instance of PERSONAL EXPERIENCE in your whole argument, soo....yeah.....

Only one instance of personal experience I've told you. Unlike most people that try to argue, I don't impress my entire history of a fan into one post in order to seem more "credible". I include only what's necessary and relevant to the discussion and if more is necessary than I'll add it in later. I've been around for quite a long time (Exact number unnecessary and of course, you wouldn't believe me even if i said it) and I've seen a lot of stupid shit come out of the mouths of fans and pseudo-fans of the band. My arguments aren't any more outdated than yours - I just have a different view of the fanbase than you do.

If It's about the London Show last August:

There was a guy who was up front, got scratched by a fangirl and reprimanded her for that. Eventually she started pushing him more, he even got some little bleeding cuts, and then she started dragging all of her friends and fangirls into the dispute and nearly caused the guy, who hadn't done anything wrong, to be thrown out of the venue saying that had he started it.

Security said he had to go to the balcony and wasn't allowed in the crowd downstairs anymore.

I heard that Dir en grey isn't able to perform in Koko in London anymore because of those same fangirls. They'd been camping on the streets days before the concert and had left the whole venue trashed :s It looked crazy. (But that's just a rumor, don't know if they're not allowed to come anymore.)

But that's as far as my encounters with fangirls go :P (And some kid that nearly wanted to kill me because I had touched her pink fluffy dress :P)

>MSG

Dir en grey never played at Madison Square Garden

>MSG again

Once again, Dir en grey hasn't played Madison Square Garden. And apparently they love congregating there...but there's no show there...

>sparkly parts of the Dir en grey fandom

I have been to NYC. I saw them in November (when they played 3 days) and the most I saw, heard about in line, and read about, were the infamous Canadian bitches with dreadlocks. But mind you. Those girls are crazy and rather well known for being batshit insane, so they're a special case. So no, I have been around to see it. But it's not in the volume that you are making it out to be. That was an isolated incident with 2 girls being cunts. Whatever. When doesn't that happen?

>London story time

My friend was standing in the crowd before this show, then apparently this girl started clawing his face and screaming that he sexually harassed her (touched her tits) etc. I had like 5 other friends there that were with him, they all confirmed he didn't do that. This was London though, I always hear horror stories about London and Polish fans.

And yeah, this is the most extreme example. I have never heard ANY OTHER stories like these ever.

>you've been around the block a few times

I assume you've liked them for a while, cool. Then you know that things were pretty bad for a while (2005), and that is somehow comparable to nowadays? LOL!!!! An instance in NYC (november): Die walked out of the tour bus, and hung out with fans, two of which held an umbrella for him while he smoked. He was up right at the front of the line, and guess what happened? Nothing. Even amongst the most BATSHIT of fans, they did nothing. I assume from what I could see he just made small talk with them, and then he walked into the venue. Another instance, Kyo was freely walking around and no one bothered him. In NYC. The place where you talk about how there's all of these terrible KAWAII DESU NEEEEE fans. Nothing. That is the instance that solidified my notion (oh hey, fans are sort of normal now). Back in 2007 do you know what happened when I was in Boston? A girl saw who she thought was Kyo (when it was kyo's roadie), screamed, and ran after him. Now? None of that.

So no. It's not really that bad now. We were in the same city, and it seems like we saw completely different things. Odd...

>MSG

Dir en grey never played at Madison Square Garden

>MSG again

Once again, Dir en grey hasn't played Madison Square Garden. And apparently they love congregating there...but there's no show there...

Not MSG. Nokia @_@. Why I call MSG Nokia and Nokia MSG I will never know. I do know where I was standing for a long ass time, even if you don't believe me.

*has a lingering sense will's going to pound this blunder into my head over and over for the remainder of this discussion*

>sparkly parts of the Dir en grey fandom

I have been to NYC. I saw them in November (when they played 3 days) and the most I saw, heard about in line, and read about, were the infamous Canadian bitches with dreadlocks. But mind you. Those girls are crazy and rather well known for being batshit insane, so they're a special case. So no, I have been around to see it. But it's not in the volume that you are making it out to be. That was an isolated incident with 2 girls being cunts. Whatever. When doesn't that happen?

But you're making it sound like it never ever happens. And it does. Yeah sure, there are some isolated incidents here and there (like the one Kaye said, and this one, and these three crazy Japanese chicks who think they're entitled to Diru because they're the same ethnicity that are at every show at NOKIA (see, caught myself that time) that I've been to, and the London argument you're going to bring up below) and they add up. We're not sparkly roses and congenial fans yet but we're not as bad as it once was. I always gave you that one. But overall, no the fanbase isn't the greatest ever. You're focusing solely on live atmosphere. I'm going for all aspects of the fans and all places you can find them.

>London story time

My friend was standing in the crowd before this show, then apparently this girl started clawing his face and screaming that he sexually harassed her (touched her tits) etc. I had like 5 other friends there that were with him, they all confirmed he didn't do that. This was London though, I always hear horror stories about London and Polish fans.

And yeah, this is the most extreme example. I have never heard ANY OTHER stories like these ever.

That's just batshit crazy. Still though, we've got us some weird Diru fans, concentrated in some places more than others. Seems like London's a bad place to catch a Diru show then.

>you've been around the block a few times

I assume you've liked them for a while, cool. Then you know that things were pretty bad for a while (2005), and that is somehow comparable to nowadays? LOL!!!! An instance in NYC (november): Die walked out of the tour bus, and hung out with fans, two of which held an umbrella for him while he smoked. He was up right at the front of the line, and guess what happened? Nothing. Even amongst the most BATSHIT of fans, they did nothing. I assume from what I could see he just made small talk with them, and then he walked into the venue. Another instance, Kyo was freely walking around and no one bothered him. In NYC. The place where you talk about how there's all of these terrible KAWAII DESU NEEEEE fans. Nothing. That is the instance that solidified my notion (oh hey, fans are sort of normal now). Back in 2007 do you know what happened when I was in Boston? A girl saw who she thought was Kyo (when it was kyo's roadie), screamed, and ran after him. Now? None of that.

So no. It's not really that bad now. We were in the same city, and it seems like we saw completely different things. Odd...

As I said before, I did say they were getting better. I didn't say that every single fan in the fandom were sane. We still have a lot of progress to make. I think in a few years, we'll be where you think we are now. I can attribute that to the fans either being "scared" of Uroboros (how, idk), discovering their old VK days and feigning as if they've listened to them forever or just dropping out of the fad of J-music that held them. It happens.

Sure, we're always going to have the new fans that come in and try too hard to fit. We're always going to have the trolls that just are annoying to everyone and we're going to have the douchebags and asshats that show up at occasional lives and annoy people but the transition over the last five years shows that the real fans are sticking around, and that the next five years should show the transition from what we have now to less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff.

I've said on multiple occasions that it happens. I am not denying that this does not exist. You're just misinterpreting. Shit happens. On forums, on youtube, in line, etc. but what I'm saying is that it's practically no different than what you can see at soooooo many other shows and with soooo many other bands. and. I have also stated that things have drastically toned down (i.e. my experience in NYC). And they are certainly not as bad as you are making them out to be. Yes there are shitty fans, but they will always be there. And in all honesty, they wouldn't cause as much problems if people weren't bated soooo easily by these freaky fans. People like (I assume) your friends gave a fuck what these other people said. Thus the drama. Thus why theres endless pages on some forums of drama. Because people give a shit. Whenever I go to a show and some dumb ass fan is about to start shit, I tell them to step up, or shut the fuck up. It's that simple. And what happens? Drama free. But that's seriously asking DEG fans and VK fans in general too much these days.

I must have misinterpreted your initial post then. It came off as if you were saying the Dir en grey fanbase was completely without it's trolls and weeaboos and overall annoying people. But now I see we're on the same page.

What is this a rational discussion on a topic with differing opinion without dramaz? TW is maturing I must say.

Lol at how we argued pretty much the same point @_@

woowwwwwwwwww

Not reallyyyyyy. There's a bootleg of LOTUS but as expected, it's being hoarded. And thennnn Dir en grey is doing that QnA with people on facebook to promote the single. That's really it.

Lol at how we argued pretty much the same point @_@

woowwwwwwwwww

THAT IS WHY I WAS CONFUSED THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS READING THIS. xD I was like... "Do they realize they are saying the same thing?"

Also, we must extract this rumored boot leg and feast upon it. D<