Ikna

lost.fm

im not gonna even delete my account  since i have too many scrobbles i just decided im gonna leave my account there lol im thinking about deleting the desktop thing it wants me too update it but i refuse..

i have the app on my phone... i might delete that too....

im not gonna even delete my account  since i have too many scrobbles i just decided im gonna leave my account there lol im thinking about deleting the desktop thing it wants me too update it but i refuse..

i have the app on my phone... i might delete that too....

Lol, since I can't log in, I doing the same about leaving there for the eternity.

I don't understand why people are deleting their accounts. I don't think Last.fm as a whole cares what users are doing - deleting accounts and bitching in their community. To me Last.fm is all about my past scrobbling. To keep track of all the music i've listened to for the past 12 years. It's an interesting thing to me and as long as I can continue to scrobble and see what i've listened to years ago, I do not care what they do.

What do you mean?

Last.fm is supposed to be a service that relies on it's users. They fund themselves through aggressive and intrusive ads, CBS and the largely defunct and useless subscriber status which gives their users even more useless additional features. This isn't enough to fund larger scale activities partly because Last.fm was early to the party but made a bunch of core mistakes which stunted their growth and made them unable to capitalize on opportunities thanks to competitors Pandora and Spotify, who bankrupted their piggy bank of ideas. All in all, it's a dying service that had a niche in user-generated statistics over an extended period of time. There is no good alternative to last.fm in this way but even so they seem to not give a shit about what little services people are interested in, because the scrobbler is broken half the time and people have to invent hacks to keep their lists consistent, which by the way they just royally fucked up with this migration. The only thing I used last.fm for was to generate suggestions for me based on my personal library, because it's hard to find good services that match recommendations on visual kei bands. Scrobbling and keeping neat lists was secondary. And I got a lot of use out of the site in the last five years until they removed all the features I used and replaced them with inferior versions of them, if they still exist. There are all these new statistics but I don't care about them. Knowing the trend of artists I've listened to by genre is interesting visually, but unless this somehow improves my recommendations all the new visual additions don't justify the removal of all the old working features. I've had this problem with them for years and I remember the last time they did a minor overhaul of the site. Sure people complained but it wasn't this bad or this unanimous. And for some reason despite all the new features they dropped on us I don't see a single thing about improving the way that Last.fm matches artists together, which could use plenty of improvement IMO. Since everything I used the site for is gone and some half broken crap put in it's place, there's no point in staying with a half broken service run by developers that don't value user feedback because if they did they would have relented and reversed the site 24 hours after the "beta" launch. Even I didn't force the new skin on our users by removing the old skin, making it default, and then somehow breaking Monochrome Heaven in the first place all while telling you to quit your bellyaching, that the "Download" section would be back but not any time soon, and that there is no reversal option. I left you with a choice. The only thing that matters to them is the bottom line and that bottom line is how many people are using their service, how fast is their service growing or shrinking, and what can they do to maintain profits. If members, even free members, are leaving in droves that's bad press. It doesn't attract new people to the site. If enough people stop using Last.fm it will speak loud and clear and they can either decide to give us what we want or kill their service.

And perhaps some other website will come along and fill the demand for a website that delivers recommendations based on personalized user-generated listening habits that's organized well and is easy to use.

Wait, what is this aunthetification you are talking about, guys?

I am not receiving any of this on my desktop scrobbler? :o

Seems my scrobless still working as well, albeit not updated real time.

But it will scrobbled eventually.

Example, right now it is still showing music I listened to 11 hours ago, while right now I am repeating to Til It Happens To You for few times already.

I am using version 2.1.37 and plays music from iTunes.

^ It's how you would set up your account when you first download the desktop scrobbler. This authentification process happens when you need to link your profile to the scrobbler and set up the client, and for some users it appears that the scrobbler can no longer recognize that their profile is connected, or exists at all.

Lol to the title.

Anyway I've sent already two bad feedback to them, hope it helps but I guess at the end not.

Feels so bad not having the compatibility meter anymore. And how I loved my wall with all the bands logo, it was more lovely that the walls of my room.

Shame on last.fm.

There's a minor glitch (?) I noticed. My last fm profile doesn't show my scrobbles 'till the 16th of August, but desktop scrobbler looks fine. is that common?

I guess it depend to what you use for scrobbling. I use spotify and it works fine as ever and AIMP3 player too.

Windows Media Player never worked fine to me, it scrobbled 5 tracks out of 10 but now is even worse.

The only difference I've seen in scrobbling is that usually the track scrobbled shows up after is ended on last.fm and not as you play it sometimes.

I stopped paying attention to last.fm for a while because last year I got an Ipod Classic and I couldn't figure out a way to scrobble with it. I finally figured out how to do it just recently, but as soon as I come back it turns into this horrifying beta mess... It's as though fate is telling me to give up lol.

If Yoshiki owned last.fm they would make huge deals about updates with only slight changes from features they released years ago.

NEW UPDATE!!!! JOURNALS-WITH-COMMENTS〜hideを決して忘れません〜

NEW UPDATE!!!!!! JOURNALS THAT YOU CAN BOLD TEXT IN!!!!! hide memorial summit XXXIV tickets now on sale

If Yoshiki owned last.fm they would make huge deals about announcements about updates with only slight changes from features they released years ago.

You missed a little something there.

It seems that the top photo on bandpages and some album covers have been deleted.

I didn't know that with the bandpages, but I noticed from the beginning that a bunch of albums without tracklist wikis had their photos deleted, like they weren't legit or something.  Really dumb.

Heh, my old avvy before the update came back, but I still can't modify it myself. =/