Ikna

lost.fm

So they made past shoutbox comments active again. Thank god.

On user pages and artists pages.

Now, all we need are groups again!

Is anyone else having issues logging in? I thought I forgot my password so I set up a new one. But, I can't log in even after setting up and using the new password.

More like Lie.fm!

I am equally bothered by the artists' galleries, as well as the missing album covers. It appeared like a year already, but they have added events back to people's profiles, however it appears that they cannot be created just yet. Their lethargic methods of tackling these issues are consistenly angering people in the community, it's time they rise up from hibernation and start at least to communicate their progress. 

I also think that last.fm is allergic to earning money or something. I used to have a subscription because.... well, it was cheap and added some minor benefits, so why not. But now I can't subscribe anymore. It says I have an active subscription even though I haven't paid for months. I'm  not even sure if it's a bug or if I actually get any subscriber benefits (or what they are now anyway).

You'd think this is a thing they made sure worked before getting the new site launched...

I've read about cases already where users have been blocked from their Twitter and Facebook accounts for asking polite and simple questions. They literally do not care for their users and customers and to my belief they're going to let the website die down because more and more users are leaving. 

Why throwing so much money out of the window just to revamp the site though? They could have simply let it die slowly and peacefully without that damn update.

Though I am sure there is an answer and it's “because they are idiots”.

Why throwing so much money out of the window just to revamp the site though? They could have simply let it die slowly and peacefully without that damn update.

Though I am sure there is an answer and it's “because they are idiots”.

Now it can die faster. The amount of money it cost to push out this broken update is probably less than the amount of money it would take to keep the website operational. That's why they broke core functionality and called it an update, are banning people for asking questions about the state of the website, and don't seem to be moving to fix issues like people that care about it. The things I'm reading in this topic about issues they are still having that haven't been resolved are disgusting.

I voted with my actions, deleted my account and walked away. It seems like last.fm's death is inevitable at this point. When it was just one or two weeks where the site was in flux it would be understandable. This is bordering on months and people are excited when the developers restore features that were once there. There's taking what you can get and then bending over and taking it unwillingly and I will never get the two confused.

Now it can die faster. The amount of money it cost to push out this broken update is probably less than the amount of money it would take to keep the website operational.

It would be even cheaper to close the website instead of updating it, because they wouldn't have to pay for the servers and staff anymore. I think someone wanted to change it to have it earn more money, but they did a shitty job by ignoring the userbase.

It would be even cheaper to close the website instead of updating it, because they wouldn't have to pay for the servers and staff anymore. I think someone wanted to change it to have it earn more money, but they did a shitty job by ignoring the userbase.

Yes but in corporate America everything is to please stockholders. Those that own (lots of) stock in a company are those that end up profiting from good decisions and hurting the most from the bad ones. Suddenly closing a service you spent lots of money and time on with no warning other than "we didn't feel like supporting it anymore" will not go over will with NBC's stockholders. It doesn't inspire confidence and doesn't make people want to invest. Being able to point to the site update and saying "users no longer use the site so it's not wise to continue investing in it and losing more money" is a more palatable way of getting the same result, even if the reason why users are leaving is one of their own doing.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's somewhere in the middle tho and stockholders have been putting pressure on NBC to go lean and cut excess services like last.fm, and this update was either monetize the site or die trying.

Probably too little too late, but you can finally change your charts to display 8 artists, and have more than 10 tracks displayed at once.

At this rate, it'll be another year or 2 before this site is even remotely appealing again.

Probably too little too late, but you can finally change your charts to display 8 artists, and have more than 10 tracks displayed at once.

In more news, they finally got around to restoring features which had no rights to being broken in the first place. And the events page is still completely broken. I went to look up information for D'espairsRay earlier and I needed tour information and found it impossible to navigate or search for anything.