Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

late, but finally started to watch Tokyo Ghoul. so after first episode we have:

- ordinary japanese high school student

- a special abilily of his that he discovers after some crucial event

- a girl who will eventually start to help him understand his abilities and will become his friend in this "new world" he just entered

- being a half human will most likely makes him a savior or some sort of it (also monologues of his about not wanting to eat human's flesh blahblah)

- more and more powerful enemies he need to defeat

not sure if i'll continue to watch the series. maybe out of boredom gonna watch 1-2 more episodes and if it wont get better just drop it.

late, but finally started to watch Tokyo Ghoul. so after first episode we have:

- ordinary japanese high school student

- a special abilily of his that he discovers after some crucial event

- a girl who will eventually start to help him understand his abilities and will become his friend in this "new world" he just entered

- being a half human will most likely makes him a savior or some sort of it (also monologues of his about not wanting to eat human's flesh blahblah)

- more and more powerful enemies he need to defeat

not sure if i'll continue to watch the series. maybe out of boredom gonna watch 1-2 more episodes and if it wont get better just drop it.

He won't become a savior. Not in the least.

Manga ended recently and got hate for its sudden ending (aka... the writer had the balls to end it like that) but it's an end fitting of the story. There's no hero in there. Just a kid that got messed up and is trying to find his way.

---

In other news, started Fate Stay Night UBW and sorry but can someone explain me the hype and why everyone finds it so perfect? I mean, it was a good episode and sure, I'll be watching, but I don't get the hype.

He won't become a savior. Not in the least.

Manga ended recently and got hate for its sudden ending (aka... the writer had the balls to end it like that) but it's an end fitting of the story. There's no hero in there. Just a kid that got messed up and is trying to find his way.

---

In other news, started Fate Stay Night UBW and sorry but can someone explain me the hype and why everyone finds it so perfect? I mean, it was a good episode and sure, I'll be watching, but I don't get the hype.

Dude you have to play the VN. the people hyping the show are the people who have played the VN and know the UBW route, so basically Type-moon fans Who know what they like. Me being a type-moon fan and someone who has played the VN, I can say that so far the show is very good and is meeting all my expectations at this point. Also ufotable is doing a wonderful job in the animation department... like holy fuck the show is freaking beautiful.

if you can't understand or don't think the show is good, it's most likely because you don't know the source and therefore don't know what to expect later down the line. All I can tell you is too either stick it out or drop it. but srsly it's a slow start right now at the beginning but it's gonna get so good in a while :) watching the how makes me want to replay the route in the VN so bad xD

EDIT: also to answer your question more simply, people are hype because we type-moon fans have been waiting years for this route to be properly animated in a series, and now it's finally here and better yet we're hype because after the first few episodes we have noticed that it's amazing :D

EDIT: also to answer your question more simply, people are hype because we type-moon fans have been waiting years for this route to be properly animated in a series, and now it's finally here and better yet we're hype because after the first few episodes we have noticed that it's amazing :D

So basically you're saying it's amazing "as an anime based on the VN", which I perfectly understand. (I'm already way too hyped for DRRR, or Soukyuu's 2nd season for instance, while most people probably will have never even watched the first season because it's 10 years old. So I get what getting hyped is and I don't see that as an issue)

I didn't mean I don't like it. I didn't mean it's bad. What I mean is that it's overhyped for what it is so far. If it's hyped up because of fans loving the fact that there's an adaptation, then I can understand. But if it's solely based on "omg this anime is so perfect already with just an episode in (or two, well)" then I don't get it because I'm not seeing anything I haven't seen before.

But I'll surely anticipate future episodes then :)

halfway through second episode of parasyte i decided to drop it. it all seems to be done so incredibly half assed and lackluster, without any kind of idea what kind of athmosphere to focus on, so they just don't do any. the parasyte itself is annoying as hell as are pretty much all of the characters so far.

the worst of all tho is the music, and i don't just mean the weird dubstep attack in the first ep, everything else is also quite literally just two random loops out of the "garageband for newbs"-library smashed together and that's it.

let me know if it gets any better, so far violence and weirdly deformed corpses have been the shows only selling point, but thats not enough.

halfway through second episode of parasyte i decided to drop it. it all seems to be done so incredibly half assed and lackluster, without any kind of idea what kind of athmosphere to focus on, so they just don't do any. the parasyte itself is annoying as hell as are pretty much all of the characters so far.

the worst of all tho is the music, and i don't just mean the weird dubstep attack in the first ep, everything else is also quite literally just two random loops out of the "garageband for newbs"-library smashed together and that's it.

let me know if it gets any better, so far violence and weirdly deformed corpses have been the shows only selling point, but thats not enough.

according to a friend of mine who has read the manga it does get a lot better, although I can't personally say anything about it since I haven't read the manga and I haven't had the chance to start the anime yet.

Parasyte isn't bad so far but it has yet to really pick up. Right now it can go in either direction and become really good or really bad. I'll keep watching and waiting.

World Trigger fails to keep my attention. The show is so slow, the explanation for why things are happening and the definitions of terminology in the show are confusing at best, and the various inconsistencies in the abilities of the enemies make all the conflicts feel contrived. For example, the Neighbors can smash through buildings and land on cars but can't go through a window? PUH-LEASE. Apparently the manga is much better and this anime adaptation is butchered. I'm on the verge of dropping it so I'll report back later.

Sword Art Online is doing what Sword Art does, which is have a half decent first season and then a bunch of aimless episodes while the author tries to figure out where to go next. Fucking useless just start the next arc already goddamnit. No one needs a Sinon recap episode.

The humans finally get to fight back with Terraformars and thankfully the gore isn't censored when the cockroaches are the ones getting mutilated. Not a show for those who don't like bugs but the violence is now in the range of "excessively acceptable". The censoring is still godawful - if a human dies you'll have no fuckin idea what happened. Decapitated heads are just black circles, scenes cut to black entirely, etc. If you find yourself really getting into this show, drop it and go read the manga. Seriously. Show is okay though.

Nanatsu no Taizai, made by the same maker of Fairy Tail, is one of the upcoming hits for me. Really digging the MC Meliodas and the overall direction of the story. Definitely check it out if you're into shounen.

Speaking of Fairy Tail, it should be called Filler Tail because nothing of consequence has happened in the last month. Really guys? I thought we took a break so we DIDN'T have to do filler. The original studio should have gotten this IP back - they would have done it justice. Skip for now until

Haven't seen the latest episode of Akatsuki no Yona, but the storydriven aspect and the twist on shojo elements makes this love show watchable - and that's a lot coming from me since I normally don't watch this kind of show. I need a bit more action and a bit less exposition behind the motivations of the three characters, because the first episode does a really good job of explaining how Yona ended up in the position she's in. I care more about what she's going to do than how the situation came to be.

Still haven't seen Barakamon. I give Saku permission to punch me. I'll get around to it ~eventually~.

Trinity Seven is like Infinite Stratos if Infinite Stratos had a cool MC. And didn't suck. And had a storyline. Arata is the man. He'll say and do anything honestly, which is a refreshing take on the OP MC x hot mage harem cliche. There's more of a focus on T&A and less of a focus on finding Hijiri - which is what this show is all about at the end of the day - so we'll see if it flops hard. So far, it's a promising start even if it includes too many goofy harem elements to pad episodes out.

Donten ni Warau is another show that has a lot of promise but is slowly climbing up the hype tree. I have yet to get a feeling for the overall theme the three brothers are working towards. The show hints at it but all we've seen is them take criminals to prison. I surely hope there's more to it than that because if the story develops the right way this can become a great show. Tentative recommendation that will change as more episodes come out.

There are two shows with literally the same exact premise - Kaitou Joker and Magic Kaito 1412. The first seems to be aimed more towards kids, so I recommend the second one to everybody. Don't ask me what the 1412 is about - IDFK. Story is about a magician who finds out his dad was the world's most notorious thief who disappeared eight years ago, and he's picking up where he left off and stealing rare jewels and stuff. Art is throwback 90s but done well, so those into that art style might dig this. Protagonists ears are way too big for his head though. It's decent enough  - can't say there's anything wrong with it but it hasn't grabbed me yet.

Akame ga Kill! is heating up. People are getting hunted, mutilated, and killed left, right and center. Neither Night Raid nor the Jaegers are making it out alive without somebody dying.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis is like Game of Thrones with war maidens. An overall storyline has yet to be established, but pieces are coming together quickly enough. It's interesting so far, so let's see where it goes.

I just watched the second episode of Akatsuki no Yona Zess and I can asure you that the action is coming! I'm really liking the show as of right now :D also yes I will take up that offer to punch you :lol:

Akame ga Kill! spoilers

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS KILLED CHELSEA!

Now granted, this is a show about assassins killing assassins so it's a bad idea to get attached to anyone, but still! It's the first anime where I've got that genuine "no one is safe" feeling. First, she caught Bols' slipping and I felt bad because I actually liked him - he was just on the wrong side. I was hoping he would convert eventually.

BUT THEN FIVE MINUTES LATER YOU BRUTALLY MURDER CHELSEA AND PUT HER HEAD ON A MOTHERFUCKING SPIKE and now I'm being hit with feels.

My face right now:
95d0ynP.jpg

I swear to god if Leone dies I'm done. She's already missing an arm.

Also I think I might drop Log Horizon. Second season is way unimpressive so far.

Akame ga Kill! spoilers

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS KILLED CHELSEA!

Now granted, this is a show about assassins killing assassins so it's a bad idea to get attached to anyone, but still! It's the first anime where I've got that genuine "no one is safe" feeling. First, she caught Bols' slipping and I felt bad because I actually liked him - he was just on the wrong side. I was hoping he would convert eventually.

BUT THEN FIVE MINUTES LATER YOU BRUTALLY MURDER CHELSEA AND PUT HER HEAD ON A MOTHERFUCKING SPIKE and now I'm being hit with feels.

My face right now:

95d0ynP.jpg

I swear to god if Leone dies I'm done. She's already missing an arm.

Also I think I might drop Log Horizon. Second season is way unimpressive so far.

Skipped a bit through the manga and literally no one is safe. There's more to come!

---

I have become strangely attached to a main kid from a romance anime which isn't even that great. Oh well, I guess I'll blame being "female" or something for that.

Still liking Donten ni Warau. Still liking Hitsugi no Chaika. Still liking Parasyte. Still liking Amagi Brilliant Park even if it's just because I could watch KyoAni animate pretty much everything, and would listen to nothing but Uchiyama Kouki (voicing Seiya) talking for an hour or more without any issues. Terra Formars  and Fate/Stay Night got slightly more interesting to watch. The new Gundam: G is a total mess but the lead is at least a bit fun to watch? Kokkuri-san is still ridiculous. Akame ga Kill literally just kills off everyone. Garo makes me laugh more than I'm sure it intends to. Psycho-Pass needs to get rid of that new girl because if she even so much as appears into the screen I get insanely annoyed.

Special mention for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso because everything about that anime is just really well done.

I dropped Parasyte so quickly, halfway through the first episode I got so fed up with that stupid hand-monster-alien thing because it's just so bad, ugh.

Currently I am watching Akame ga Kill!, Terra Formars, Donten ni Warau, Psycho-Pass 2, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis and Orenchi ni Furo Jijou (the latter has no plot and is only four minutes per episode, but it's just a nice little thing that caught my attention).

^ what's exactly so bad in "stupid hand-monster-alien thing"? I don't really get the hate on this exact character due to the lack of elaboration  :roll:

Other than that, enjoying Kiseijuu and Shigatsu pretty much (and the former doesn't feel "outdated" despite being based on late 80s/early 90s manga - which I dig as well)

Perhaps I might be way too easy to please? Lol.

^ what's exactly so bad in "stupid hand-monster-alien thing"? I don't really get the hate on this exact character due to the lack of elaboration  :roll:

Other than that, enjoying Kiseijuu and Shigatsu pretty much (and the former doesn't feel "outdated" despite being based on late 80s/early 90s manga - which I dig as well)

Perhaps I might be way too easy to please? Lol.

I don't understand the hate on Migi/Shinichi either? And especially from just watching an episode?

Also, Patema Reverted is pretty much perfect.

I'm really starting to dig Akatsuki no Yona. It's a damn good story and although it started slow, I see now that it was necessary to build up character, establish plot and setting, and do all the other things most shounen anime regard as unimportant. I hope this is a 2-cour and not a 1-cour because I want more than thirteen episodes of it.

I don't need an exact reason to dislike something. If something doesn't appeal to me, then it simply doesn't. I need not to express myself with an excessively elaborate description on why exactly I feel this anime is not something I enjoy. 

^ Yes you don't have to express why you don't like something specifically, that's your choice, but if you don't back up your opinion and just say you don't like it because it's "bad" without explaining what is so bad about it, then it just sounds like you're hating on something for the sake of hating on it... Not saying that is the case, but you can't blame somebody for coming to that conclusion when you are so against discussing what you find "bad" about the show. After all this is technically an anime discussion mega topic.

I've been pretty busy lately, but I've been able to start a few new shows this season. Although there's still a lot I need get to xD The most noteworthy are; Akatsuki no Yona, Amagi Brilliant Park, Denki-gai no Honya-san, Donten ni Warau, Gugure! Kokkuri-san.

I still have quite a few i need to start though :D

^ Yes you don't have to express why you don't like something specifically, that's your choice, but if you don't back up your opinion and just say you don't like it because it's "bad" without explaining what is so bad about it, then it just sounds like you're hating on something for the sake of hating on it... Not saying that is the case, but you can't blame somebody for coming to that conclusion when you are so against discussing what you find "bad" about the show. After all this is technically an anime discussion mega topic.

Or you can just simply ignore the post. Not everything needs a response. Some haters just want attention, generally speaking. :|

Excuse me for the double post.

I know there are some Digimon fans here as well as myself so here's a teaser pic that just dropped.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-08/new-digimon-anime-full-team-previewed-in-silhouette-all-grown-up/.80814

No idea why but I'm amused Matt's slighty taller than Tai. Also glad there's no more cowboy hat Mimi, and that TK's new look doesn't include a hat either.

Started Akame Ga Kill yesterday and I've seen 6 episodes so far. My biggest problem with this show is that it's shounen. All those ridiculous and huge weapons and that "every character must look different and unique and weird!!!" mentality. Yeah, maybe I have myself to blame for that but it just annoys me that this could be something way better, but I guess that goes for 90% of the shounen series imo. Another problem is that the writing is so amateurish and the back stories of the characters so far feel way too rushed and even stupid. But I've heard that it gets better so I'll just keep watching.