Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Terraformars makes me so sad. I'm not allowed to like anybody in this show, am I?

Finally managed to like a character and... yeah... I'm there with you.

Still waiting for Code Geass : Akito the Exile.

Same here. Also, it's probably just me but I've enjoyed the movies way more than I ever enjoyed the actual series.

^ yep that is just you. without the tv series half the stuff in the movies wouldn't even make sense because they literally didn't explain much of anything at all in the movies. it's only when you use the tv series as a reference does the movies make a lot more sense, especially when you figure out when the movies take place in the time line... there's also some other small things that make more sense when you look back at the series for insight, but those are more for fan service than anything else xD

^ yep that is just you. without the tv series half the stuff in the movies wouldn't even make sense because they literally didn't explain much of anything at all in the movies. it's only when you use the tv series as a reference does the movies make a lot more sense, especially when you figure out when the movies take place in the time line... there's also some other small things that make more sense when you look back at the series for insight, but those are more for fan service than anything else xD

I didn't mean it in that sense. It's needed to watch the original to understand the movies. I just meant that I enjoy the characters way more than I ever liked any of those in the main series. But yeah, I seem to be one of the single people who doesn't think Lelouch is awesome etc etc. I've always wondered why, but I've never been able to find an explanation for it. Despite liking mecha series, and preferring characters like Lelouch, I really didn't enjoy it :/

Admittedly I think his tastes are pretty poor to begin with...it was more of me humoring him lol. Also, I was really crossing my fingers since it has such a similar feel to Spice and Wolf (which I love). Needless to say I was disappointed.

Terra Formars - Going to fight giant mutant-beast humanoid roaches on mars to find a cure for a deadly virus on earth? Hell yes.

14cgz6d.jpg

Parasyte The Maxim - Having an alien parasite trying to take over your brain but instead having it take over your hand and giving you a shape shifting intelligent talking parasite for a hand to fend off the other invading alien parasites. A 2nd hell yes.

17v19e.jpg

And Psycho-Pass 2

Gotta love the sci-fi anime.

well let's not go into it, because I'm a big fan of Lulu as a character and I would rather not start fighting over it XDD

Wouldn't fight over something like that. I perfectly understand why people do love him :)

------------

Shigatsu is such heartbreak. Every. Single. Week.

Akame ga Kill! spoilers

Y'ALL MOTHERFUCKAZ KILLED TATSUMI!

I was not okay with Chelsea. I was not okay with Lubba, although at least his death wasn't as bad as in the manga. I was steeling myself to lose either Leone or Najenda and yet this happens. But I'll be damned if Tatsumi didn't go out like a boss. He solved the entire problem by himself. Not only does he kill Shikoutazer but he then stops it from falling on top of the capital and killing everyone. He is THE man. Bulat would be proud.

bhzUmDx.png

I should have expected his death anyway. No one lives in Akame ga Kill except Akame, who can now take her rightful place as MC.

tumblr_nfy4gzGFev1spktgto2_1280.jpg

No one but Esdeath deserves to die next episode. Esdeath could have stopped the entire thing from happening. She was the only Jaeger that didn't step in to help out. Even Wave (useless as he is) and Ran made a truce! But she just stood around as Shikoutazer blitzkrieged the entire capital. Losing her walking fetish was exactly what she deserved.

Halfway through Ping Pong.

Quite good, but so far, not living up to the hype.

Kyousou giga seems my type, though. Chaos and confusion=win.

Speaking of chaos, Baccano's 20th volume was darn good. Sigh, no hope for anime continuation.

Speaking of chaos, Baccano's 20th volume was darn good. Sigh, no hope for anime continuation.

I was rather surprised with how much I was into into ping pong by the end of the show, hopefully it gets better for you like it did with me :D Also yes Kyousou Giga is awesome! I need to actually re-watch it sometime, It's definitely one of those shows I feel like need to be watched multiple times to totally understand everything.

I was rather surprised with how much I was into into ping pong by the end of the show, hopefully it gets better for you like it did with me :D Also yes Kyousou Giga is awesome! I need to actually re-watch it sometime, It's definitely one of those shows I feel like need to be watched multiple times to totally understand everything.

Same here. Didn't notice until the last few episodes how much I'd actually fallen into the whole story. The live action movie is also pretty amusing tbh. Characters are just the same.

Currently concentrating on Akame ga Kill; really just trying to catch up at this point and I find I like it a bit more with each episode.

Just started Psycho-Pass per a friend's recommendation.  Only two episodes in, but it's right up my alley thus far.

I prefer manga to anime just because it's easier to get to when you can't get on the internet all the time, but:

Kill la Kill

Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works

Angel Sanctuary (although I am severely biased in favor of the manga)

Gokudou-kun Manyuuki

Elfen Lied

Fire Emblem (well, what few episodes there are of it)

Saint Seiya (THE ORIGINAL IS SO HARD TO FIND)

Toradora

WOW 5/10?

come on it's not that bad xD I haven't watched the last episode yet but overall I'd probably give it around a 7 maybe a 7.5 depending on how the ending is.

Akame ga Kill spoilers beneath the cut:

WHY DID LEONE HAVE TO DIE? C'MON BASED WHITE FOX!

dn92__horriblesubs__akame_ga_kill__-_02_
White Fox certainly does :(

The only problem I had with the ending was that they killed off Leone for no reason. If we wanted to keep in line with facts two things don't add up:

• How does Onest shoot ten bullets out of a one-shot revolver? @__@
  • How does she walk around for four hours with it in her stomach? And I actually mean go from place to place and have full conversations with people!? I understand Lionelle had an effect on her natural body even after it's destruction but one shot to the stomach kills you in twenty minutes. If she were going to die, she should have died right after punching him in the face, not hours later.

That was just lazy writing.

The fight between Akame and Esdeath more than makes up for it and it was a worthy way to end the series. Najenda still alive is the blow though. With the exception of Sheele and Bulat, destruction of a user's Teigu implies they're close to death. Why is Najenda still alive even though Esdeath broke Susanoo? She's not fit to rule over a new country when she sent all her men except Akame to die, and even left Akame to deal with Esdeath dolo in the end. Najenda was the only member of Night Raid that caught no bodies all series.

Yes, I'm just salty they killed my favorite two characters in the last episode, although I expected Esdeath to go.