Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Just finished Usagi Drop. If you haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself to watch it right now, as it is pretty much the cutest thing ever (and I mean that in a legit heartwarming sense of the word cute, not the moe kind of cute).

Or you can just simply ignore the post. Not everything needs a response. Some haters just want attention, generally speaking. :|

Throwing the word 'hater' around so easily is rather something that goes overboard, in my opinion, and is a conclusion pulled far too quickly. Perhaps I had no time to write more than that, perhaps I was tired, who knows? As a matter of fact, I do not invest my time in hating something (I do in fact not hate at all, as I find it a purely petty emotion that does not exist in my person), I simply stated my brief dislike for something which is entirely different. Finding something bad whereas other people enjoy it, why does it matter? I no further need a point proven as tastes have no precise point. Someone else in this topic also voiced their dislike for this anime, so why attack only one? And whether a discussion derives from a short opinion or a completely elaborate novel I could also write for my judgment, does not matter as points of discussion can in fact be welcomed in all formats and lengths. 

As for the topic; I've been anxiously awaiting the next few uncensored episodes of Terra Formars. I honestly do not quite understand why the censorship in this anime is so dramatically overdone (it looks like someone edited the entire series in MS Paint) as I did not particularly find the uncensored episodes very extreme or anything of the sort, in fact I've seen lot worse in other animes which have never been released with a censored version. I believe it only repels fans or possible viewers because of this and the franchise will drastically drop in popularity because no one wants to see these huge black circles that take up nearly the entire screen. 

I wasn't pointing that statement towards you. I fully understand there are things people dislike regardless of reasons, hence why I pressed the "like" button on your post. I was pointing at the trolls who hate on for the sake of hating.

As for the topic; I've been anxiously awaiting the next few uncensored episodes of Terra Formars. I honestly do not quite understand why the censorship in this anime is so dramatically overdone (it looks like someone edited the entire series in MS Paint) as I did not particularly find the uncensored episodes very extreme or anything of the sort, in fact I've seen lot worse in other animes which have never been released with a censored version. I believe it only repels fans or possible viewers because of this and the franchise will drastically drop in popularity because no one wants to see these huge black circles that take up nearly the entire screen.

It's all about the channel it's aired on in Japan. Each channel has their own guidelines for how much gore/tits/etc can be shown before it needs to be censored. If I recall correctly, this is syndicated on TOKYO MX at 11:30pm. TOKYO MX is notorious for their draconian censorship (ex. Tokyo Ghoul) and an "early" time slot means that lots of censorship has to happen in order for it to be acceptable for pre-teens/teenagers to watch. I don't agree with this vein of logic, as the thematic content of this show isn't suitable for anyone under the age of sixteen and that's me being modest. But money talks, so whatever.

Also, don't be fooled by the goofy censorship. The artistic director is not happy with how it's being done, claiming that it ruins the artistic vision. It also ruins the viewer's vision of the action as well since the censorship ranges from bad to "cover the entire fucking screen with black". Trying to figure out what happens in the first three episodes of Terraformars is a chore in itself. If they took notes from Tokyo Ghoul and tried some more artistic methods of censorship, fan reactions would be more positive.

Trying to push a seinen anime onto a shounen audience is why Terraformars isn't doing as well as projected. The people that do want to watch detailed gore are being robbed of all the good parts and those too young to really be watching Terraformars get enough of an idea of what's going on to be scarred anyway. It's a good example of a compromise that ruins it for everyone. Thus, the studio decided to release the first three episodes uncensored (aka all the ones with the goofy censorship the latest episodes have been pretty good about that) in conjunction with Crunchyroll as a "sneak peek" to generate some hype and entice people to buy the BDs. If you want to see the whole series uncensored you'll be waiting.

Or you could just read the manga. That works too.

Shigatsu continues to rip my heart out. I don't know what it is with that anime.

Parasyte did a very good job at making their lead look visibly distressed and down. Looked a little bit more like himself after "a night of sleep."

THIS WEEK IN AKAME GA KILL!:

Absolute fucking non-sequitur! I swear to God that was the most jarring transition I've ever seen in anime. What happened to the fight? That was like one episode of Dragonball Z ending with Goku and Frieza about to fight, and the next episode starting with all the Namekians on Earth. How are they going to go back and explain what happened now without everything seeming so out of place?

Also we only have three episodes left apparently? They're catching up to the manga fast since they skipped ~20 chapters with one episode, but they also decided to do an original ending so I have no idea how it will play out now.

THIS WEEK IN AKAME GA KILL!:

Absolute fucking non-sequitur! I swear to God that was the most jarring transition I've ever seen in anime. What happened to the fight? That was like one episode of Dragonball Z ending with Goku and Frieza about to fight, and the next episode starting with all the Namekians on Earth. How are they going to go back and explain what happened now without everything seeming so out of place?

Also we only have three episodes left apparently? They're catching up to the manga fast since they skipped ~20 chapters with one episode, but they also decided to do an original ending so I have no idea how it will play out now.

I was mad the whole "fight" went so quickly and they got rid of stuff as if it wasn't important.

also slightly annoyed Lubbock's part got cut short but oh well...

Just started and became caught up with Gugure Gugure Kokkuri San. It's pretty funny and adorable, some of the voice acting is a bit strange but  for a comedy anime it does it's "do". Another anime that is hilarious is Dansei Kokusei Nichijou.(hope i spelled that right). The anime is just pure hilarity, even though it's a little dated it's still a good watch. It leaves the taste in your mouth to where you're just like....

neuro_rape_face_by_30_seconds_to_anime-d

I recently started watching Claymore along with GANTZ. I'm proud to say that I like both of them so far ಠ◡ಠ

What's claymore about?

^ Monsters called Yoma feast on us humans and even disguise as us. They roam around a rather old fashioned Earth and the only thing that can kill these are called Claymores. Mainly a female cast (they'll explain why), they're half human and half Yoma. They must fight but be aware of doing so since by using too much power (Yoki), they'll turn into the monster. One of my favourite series.

^ Monsters called Yoma feast on us humans and even disguise as us. They roam around a rather old fashioned Earth and the only thing that can kill these are called Claymores. Mainly a female cast (they'll explain why), they're half human and half Yoma. They must fight but be aware of doing so since by using too much power (Yoki), they'll turn into the monster. One of my favourite series.

Sound's strange.

Sound's strange.

What manga isn't strange? xD Maybe I'm not the best at explaining and expressing just how good it is but it's definitely entertaining.

What manga isn't strange? xD Maybe I'm not the best at explaining and expressing just how good it is but it's definitely entertaining.

The plot sound's a bit strange.

no it's not. benibana described it perfectly. try to describe any shounen manga plot and you'll get the pretty much the same.

Finished Zombie Loan and made the terrible mistake of watching the OVAs. 

Yeah, the OVAs aren't really OVAs. They're the first episodes of the second part of the season that was cancelled ._. It leaves you wanting more ._.

Yeah, the OVAs aren't really OVAs. They're the first episodes of the second part of the season that was cancelled ._. It leaves you wanting more ._.

Exactly. I wish I'd read that first before it became so terrible obvious after lol