Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

wow nick getting avatar over with. haa i remeber waiting for ever for the org. totally team korra though i think

she should have picked up blood bending and lava too

Finishing M3 today. Kind of sad about that even though the main reason a friend and I kept watching was just the lead kid. Probably also finishing Bakumatsu Rock which I doubt I'd have ever started if I had known it was going to be like this.

Then there's the Buddy Complex specials. I'm still mad it's just two specials and not a second season. Aoba/Dio were fun to watch.

Wonder if there's anything going to keep me interested in the new season. It seems so bland :/

M3 was actually a rather decent show. It really started to surprise me about half way through, and while the mecha action wasn't top notch the characters were really good and most of them had a lot of really good development that really made the show for me. Also the soundtrack wasn't half bad either. The overall plot could of been a little more well put together, but it still worked the way they decided to do it. Overall this was a surprise show from this last season that turned out a lot better than I originally anticipated... definitely a sleeper imo.

I downloaded the new Buddy Complex OVA's as well but have not watched them yet... do they completely wrap it up and eliminate all hope for a second season? Buddy Complex was a show that I had problems with in some areas and in others it was all good for me. If by chance the OVA's did leave some wriggle room for a second season, I would not be against watching another season if it did indeed happened.

P.S. Bakumatsu Rock was pretty shit if you ask me... XD can't believe I stuck through it all the way, it really started to get ridiculous after the halfway mark.

M3 was actually a rather decent show. It really started to surprise me about half way through, and while the mecha action wasn't top notch the characters were really good and most of them had a lot of really good development that really made the show for me. Also the soundtrack wasn't half bad either. The overall plot could of been a little more well put together, but it still worked the way they decided to do it. Overall this was a surprise show from this last season that turned out a lot better than I originally anticipated... definitely a sleeper imo.

I downloaded the new Buddy Complex OVA's as well but have not watched them yet... do they completely wrap it up and eliminate all hope for a second season? Buddy Complex was a show that I had problems with in some areas and in others it was all good for me. If by chance the OVA's did leave some wriggle room for a second season, I would not be against watching another season if it did indeed happened.

P.S. Bakumatsu Rock was pretty shit if you ask me... XD can't believe I stuck through it all the way, it really started to get ridiculous after the halfway mark.

Yeah, I kind of liked my weakly dose of mecha depression, and what you said sums it up quite nicely. I don't regret starting it and sticking through.

I have yet to watch the second episode, but I bet they "wrap up" everything they can around Bizon at least. I think for some reason Sunrise decided that a second season wouldn't be fitting? Maybe it didn't do too well... idk. I kind of hope there's still going to be a second season though. It might not have been the best series, but it was really amusing and a fun watch.

I started Bakumatsu with a friend and we ended up leaving it until we had 7 episodes left to watch. Even doing that in one go is unbearable.

Wonder if there's anything going to keep me interested in the new season. It seems so bland :/

I came to ask this same question. Are you me?

Karen Senki seems like a Japanese take on RWBY, with worse CGI animation because whoever did this isn't Monty Oum. Storyline is robots from a dystopic future try and fail at killing MC girl for reasons. It's like Terminator without the time-travel. It's only ten minutes a week so even if it becomes a disappointment I won't have wasted too much time.

Terraformars was ok, convoluted plot is a mess, but that censoring is ass. Makes Tokyo Ghoul look like they did a good job. I'll give it 3 episodes before I make my mind up, but I'm not sold. At all.

I came to ask this same question. Are you me?

Karen Senki seems like a Japanese take on RWBY, with worse CGI animation because whoever did this isn't Monty Oum. Storyline is robots from a dystopic future try and fail at killing MC girl for reasons. It's like Terminator without the time-travel. It's only ten minutes a week so even if it becomes a disappointment I won't have wasted too much time.

Terraformars was ok, convoluted plot is a mess, but that censoring is ass. Makes Tokyo Ghoul look like they did a good job. I'll give it 3 episodes before I make my mind up, but I'm not sold. At all.

I might be.

But no, seriously... I've been waiting for Donten Ni Warau because I read the manga, and I'm sure Parasyte will at least be interesting. I'm also up for a little bit of drama with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso but who knows where that's going to lead to. Apart from that there's only Chaika I was really planning to watch as the first season was pretty decent. All the rest is just "whatever" to me. I'll give the new Gundam series a try though.

Watching Terra Formars too and not sure where that's going to go.

Lots of people were complaining the summer season was so bad, and the fall season is making up for it but I don't get it at all. What are they watching that I'm not seeing on the list? All I get is dozens of series of one guy with tens of girls and the usual drama.

---

Also just finished the Buddy Complex special and there's not really room for another season sadly. They wrapped that up nicely, even though it was all too rushed. Dio made me sad in the end though ._.

I don't know what people are talking about ,the summer season was filled with excellent shows... I can name more than a few off the top of my head right now.  Barakamon, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Hanayamata, Ao Haru Ride, Magimoji Rurumo. that's just off the top of my head. All of those got a 8 or above from me.... most people who say that the season is bad and there's noting good on are usually the people who don't even bother checking everything out, They pretty much just judge everything before even watching the first episode.

As for the upcoming fall season, there is gonna be; Gundam: G no Reconguista, Log Horizon 2, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Ai Tenchi Muyo!, Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE Road, Gundam Build Fighters TRY, Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE, Psycho Pass 2, and Mushishi Zoku-shou Second Season.

And that's just what I already know about and am excited for... there are a lot of other interesting looking shows for this season. you can check them out here: http://haruhichan.com/static/images/charts/general/Fall2014.jpg

people need to apply themselves more and do some research xD

I still have 2 or 3 episodes of Zankyou left to watch, but yes I was already seeing the show slowly degrading episode by episode, so it doesn't really surprise me if the ending is really disappointing.

regarding ZnT i perhaps wouldn't judge it just as harsh as most, but generally speaking i feel about the same. i just enjoyed it for the beautiful animation and superb music :D it was like watching a super pretty MV to glorious music :)

i pretty much agree with everything said in this review, just that i found the mainchars actually more interesting when they where still the assholes instead of them "opening up"

have to agree on the autumn season looking pretty boring so far too, watched a bunch of trailers/pv's and read the description aswell as some "anticipated" lists, but really nothing appealing in my books, or it's a continuation of a series where the predecessors where already pretty bad...

although this new gundam series sure looks pretty, might check that one out

i just enjoyed it for the beautiful animation and superb music :D it was like watching a super pretty MV to glorious music :)

That's why I wanted to love this anime so much XD

okay, watched the new gundam now. i have no idea how this'll turn out, it has a weird flow to it and seems overly simple and overly complex at the same time if that makes any sense, but i like it for it's weirdness so far.

that train might turn out a colossal wreck, but so far i'm on it ^^

okay, watched the new gundam now. i have no idea how this'll turn out, it has a weird flow to it and seems overly simple and overly complex at the same time if that makes any sense, but i like it for it's weirdness so far.

that train might turn out a colossal wreck, but so far i'm on it ^^

I'm almost on it. If I can get myself to watch the first two episodes that is.

Skipped through the unsubbed Donten ni Warau and so far it looks exactly like I had imagined it to be. I really liked the manga so I hope the anime will be just as good.

aw selector spread wixxos is subbed nice.

now more or less only waiting for World Trigger and Amagi Brillant Park. Might check out some other stuff because thats only 3 things, but dont know what yet :/

That Terraformars this week was tough to watch. This show was totally not what it set itself up to be in the first episode. I can't really say anything without spoiling it so

Humanity fucked up. If I had to live in this universe or in the Titan universe, I'll take AOT anyday.

I don't know how those cockroaches got to Mars and I don't know how the virus got to Earth. All I know is that if I shoot an AK47 at a roach, it should die. These roaches took this guy's spine out and used it as a sword to cut his friends. This is while imploding heads and smashing bodies. And they're intelligent! And they destroyed their one means of fighting back!

yeah I don't really know if I'm gonna check out that Terraformars show or not... I read the synopsis and it really doesn't sound all that great.

yeah I don't really know if I'm gonna check out that Terraformars show or not... I read the synopsis and it really doesn't sound all that great.

As far as my opinion goes: it's over the top, and not in a good way.

-----

So, DRRR is getting not one but three new seasons. Forgive me, but I'm screaming a little here.

Can't help but wonder if it's going to be three 25/26 episode ones, or three 12/13 ones. Either way, that's at least 36 new DRRR episodes :D

As far as my opinion goes: it's over the top, and not in a good way.

-----

So, DRRR is getting not one but three new seasons. Forgive me, but I'm screaming a little here.

Can't help but wonder if it's going to be three 25/26 episode ones, or three 12/13 ones. Either way, that's at least 36 new DRRR episodes :D

I read ahead 23 chapters in the manga and it doesn't get as brutal as episode 2, but they also made the part in the anime much more visceral than the manga. So knowing what happens I'll keep watching.

yes ben 10 is finally back and good as ever. the ep was nostalgic too.

Finally finished Psycho-Pass after such a long time of watching the first episode. Completely in time for the second season to start airing. Ah... so good...

What they did to Kagari made me sad though ._. but Makishima was one hell of a good antagonist

Also, things in the new season:

Parasyte is going to be good if it continues like the first episode. Not sure why I feel like it will be, but I do. Probably just a gut feeling.

Amagi Brilliant Park was on my list simply because I feel the need to check out nice KyoAni art, and additionally one of my favorite voice actors being the lead. Seems fun for now. Curious as to where it will be headed.

Donten ni Warau and Hitsugi no Chaika were what I expected them to be. No comments yet.

Got myself to finally watch the two Gundam: G no Reconguista episodes and somehow it managed to drag me in anyway. Guess I have another Gundam series to watch.

Holy crap, I got way too much on my plate this season.

Here are my guaranteed watches:

Yona of the Dawn

I've always liked shojo fantasy like this that feels very reminiscent to the 90s.

Amagi Brilliant Park

Mainly watching this for Fumoffu/Moffle.

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying
This short is hilarious. An otaku husband and a bland wife. Too bad each ep is less than 5 min long.

Gundam Build Fighters Try
This is a clear winner for me. I honestly thought a sequel for Build Fighters was unnecessary since it ended on such a good note, but this first ep managed to blow me away. Fumina Hoshino is a great heroine and it seems pretty clear that this will be her story. I like how Ral already points out Sekai is the 2nd coming of Reiji. My only concern is the voice actor for Ral since the original has been hospitalized so we'll be getting a new voice actor starting from ep5 or 6. It's gonna be interesting to see how this team dynamic will be played out as a contrast to the first show where it was solo/partnership competition.

Gundam Reconguista in G
I saw the first three eps during my week stay in Japan as an early showing. It's old school in every sense of the word. It definitely reminds of Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer in its style and direction. Since G-Reco is directed & created by Tomino, the creator of the Gundam franchise (and possibly his last anime), it's a must watch for me. This show can be a hit or miss with some viewers in the way these eps were executed because Tomino intended this show for veteran fans. While this show does take place in the Universal Century timeline, it's so far off in the future (R.C. 1014) that you don't need any prior knowledge of the franchise to see this.

Parasyte -the maxim-
Another show I highly anticipated. I've read the manga almost a decade ago which still remains in my top 10, so seeing the anime announcement was a big surprise to me. The order of things has moved around in the first ep but it still managed to be great none the less. It was a little weird hearing dubstep music as the BGM.

Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Nothing in this show makes sense, but it's fantasy genre so I'll just shut off my brain and roll with it.

Your Lie in April
Another show I really wanted to see upon reading the manga. Everything here is beautiful; the visuals, music, execution. I highly recommend this, even if you don't school settings, just watch it for its beautiful production. So far, the only thing that's a bit off putting is the exaggerated comical antics.

Undecided:

Cross Ange
*cringes* Why Fukuda? Why?!