Flash-Fab-Supernova

Saw-wielding man attacks Japan girl group AKB48

http://news.yahoo.com/saw-wielding-man-attacks-japan-girl-group-akb48-163109741.html

Two teenage members of Japanese girl group AKB48 were in hospital Monday after being attacked by a man wielding a saw at one of the band's regular meet-the-fans events, managers said. Rina Kawaei, 19, and Anna Iriyama, 18, both suffered broken bones in their right hands and received cuts on their arms and heads from the 50-centimetre (20-inch) saw at the event in Iwate in northern Japan.

what the fuck. poor girls I'm glad they're ok. this reminds me of that time some guy almost dragged an SNSD member off-stage while they were performing. scary shit, violence against women/misogyny is a very real issue.

axHms7k.jpg

what the fuck. poor girls I'm glad they're ok. this reminds me of that time some guy almost dragged an SNSD member off-stage while they were performing. scary shit, violence against women/misogyny is a very real issue.

axHms7k.jpg

Not to mention that thing that happened last week with that kid in Santa Barbara who killed 6 people because he couldn't get laid. He even made a (really creepy) video about how the day would be his "day of retribution" and he was also part of the Men's Rights Activist group online. He felt like women OWED him sex because he was nice to them. The MRA isn't just for jokes anymore, it's actually killing people. The worst feminism does is make white teenage boys angry on the internet, jfc.

The major press seems to be trying to push the whole misogyny issue to the background by saying he was "mentally ill" and that this is the reason why he did what he did. I won't deny the kid must've had some sort of illness but that doesn't change the fact that the action was fuelled by misogyny/hate for women. It's funny how people only tend to recognize mental illness as an actual legit thing when they're doing it to protect a white guy.

Terribly sorry for going off-topic, but since we're talking misogyny anyway...I hope the girls get well soon and I hope they'll get all the medical and mental care they need to let this go.

The MRA isn't just for jokes anymore, it's actually killing people. The worst feminism does is make white teenage boys angry on the internet, jfc.

The major press seems to be trying to push the whole misogyny issue to the background by saying he was "mentally ill" and that this is the reason why he did what he did. I won't deny the kid must've had some sort of illness but that doesn't change the fact that the action was fuelled by misogyny/hate for women. It's funny how people only tend to recognize mental illness as an actual legit thing when they're doing it to protect a white guy.

Is he a top name at MRA? Did the MRA support his actions? Why do this individual's action and morals extend to a group he signed to join?

I honestly think when someone that talks the way he talks in his videos and ends up killing people because of his beliefs is not a sane person. Regardless of gender, race, sex, etc. 

^ That's the kind of question you should be asking about terrorist attacks. That's where an individual's actions extend to a group he chose to join. For example, Muslim people are not violent on their own, these terrorists are, they're extremists. However, I'm not sure if you've done any research into the Men's rights activists, but I can tell you that their entire movement is based on the concepts of misogyny and sexism. Those two are never, EVER okay, whether it's in an extreme case like the Santa Barbara kid, or a guy whining about how a girl rejects him because she's "only into assholes".

Also, regarding mental illness, let's be honest here: do you really, REALLY think if it had been a black guy, that the mental illness argument would've been thrown in? Mental illness, which so many people deny is a serious problem? Let me tell you son, I've got friends who have been fighting depression for years, and they often got to hear "you're just bummed out" or "why don't you feel happy?" Now the same people are calling this kid mentally ill. It's not only unfair, it's a awful insult to the other mentally ill.

^ That's the kind of question you should be asking about terrorist attacks. 

You sure? Terrorists groups claim the acts their members commit because their entire group is dedicated to it. Its their way of sending messages and trying what they want. You're just assuming that just because he was affiliated to a Men's Right organization, that group is,  supportive and somewhat guilty of it because you decided they're the same kind of dude. 

Your fist two lines are quite a mess. Religion based terrorism is different from the people having faith in said religion...but it's a good example about individual actions being pinned to a whole group of people is legit? Alright. 

However, I'm not sure if you've done any research into the Men's rights activists, but I can tell you that their entire movement is based on the concepts of misogyny and sexism

Misogeny and sexism are the words modern day "feminism" like to throw around when they detect any stance that differs with the movement. Being the subject an organization that not only aknowledges men have rights as well, thet even admits they can be comprised and fight that actively, wich is the opposite of what a faction of modern day "feminism" aims to achieve I remain skeptical. And doesn't surprise me at all seeing it getting compared to terrorism and spiritual fanatism at the first chance, honestly.

Those two are never, EVER okay, whether it's in an extreme case like the Santa Barbara kid, or a guy whining about how a girl rejects him because she's "only into assholes"

Sounds like the only cases of sexist violence or murder have a male perpetrator and a female victim. I wonder if it ever happens the other way around.

After a quick google search it indeed seems that these are a thing as well. But I gess it only sexism on the first case.

The more you know...!

Also, regarding mental illness, let's be honest here: do you really, REALLY think if it had been a black guy, that the mental illness argument would've been thrown in?

Yes. Its not like if he killed all those people to steal their wallets. He killed them because his sense of justice, retaionships and himself were fucked up. Specially with his videos. You can see nobody would say "he killed them because black people are all criminals" after hearing him talk.

Mental illness, which so many people deny is a serious problem? 

What do you mean with this? denied in what context?

Is killing people due to feeling entitled to any gril to spread her legs for you not serious enough for you to not be considered illness? 

Let me tell you son, I've got friends who have been fighting depression for years, and they often got to hear "you're just bummed out" or "why don't you feel happy?" Now the same people are calling this kid mentally ill. It's not only unfair, it's a awful insult to the other mentally ill.

Let me tell you, dear, life experience is not exclusive to you.

This guy being Asylum material its an insult to other mentally ill people? 

Its like saying that having cancer is an insult to people with appendicitis. 

I don't even have a clue of what you're thinking.

Anger often gets in the way of judgement, so I think I'm not going to put any more effort into debating this subject with you. I could pull out tons of examples on why feminism is incredibly misunderstood (we want equality, not superiority, but both feminism as MRA have their nutcases), but I'm not going to put any sort of energy into it, while I could be using it for something else.

On the last point though I need to explain myself some more, becaus I worded it a bit odd. He was of course mentally ill, but the word tends to be used quite broad. Take an anxiety disorder to a person like this kid. An anxiety order isn't nearly as damaging (though it can be to the person who has it) to others as it was whatever this kid had. He was a danger for people around him. Compare one to a cold, the other to a broken rib. He mentally ill yes, but they're not wording it very effectively. And that's all, really.

The suspect told police "I attempted to kill people" and "I didn't care whom", Jiji Press reported, citing unnamed police sources.

The article linked by Maiku makes no mention of MRA, misogyny, etc. I cannot find any sources on the Internet that state that this was the attacker's intent. All of this discussion is assumption and we have no right to assume these things no matter how plausible they may seem. Unless these details come out in an official statement, all of this discussion is off topic.

This topic is a hotbed of drama waiting to happen, especially considering the events that have happened over the last week. Since it has been proven on other websites that people cannot discuss this topic with a cool head, and since I don't feel like dealing with drama, any further mention of things not explicitly supported by the article will be removed. You have all been warned.

hope they all realize it was an act of divine intervention/karmic justice twd akb48's crimes against music.

baby might as well have been a disgruntled 9GBO fan, acting out of sheer love for ~real music.

How did this guy manage to sneak in a 20 inch saw without anyone noticing?

probably claimed it a part of his aidoru reaper cosplay outfit!

I hope they recover quickly and don't let this scare them, or anyone else in the industry, from performing again. This is insane.

I see what you did there :3

I hope that they recover, and that they can overcome the trauma of this incident.

I do not follow this group, but I know one from another 'team' and she is sweet, hardworking,and an overall great person. I bet these girls were the same way, and it brings an even greater sense of anger and injustice to me to be able to connect how great these girls can be as people, and what kind of injuries and trauma they sustained.

I hope the criminals in cases as these can get better rolemodels in their lives and assistance with their issues so they do not become such people, and commit such acts.

I will show as much respect as possible to this act and never talk bad about them because they deserve support after this, IMO.

Any form of violence should be condoned, and this is no exception, be it against men or women, terrible at what they do or not.

Hope the girls heal well and are back to form quickly.

Not to mention that thing that happened last week with that kid in Santa Barbara who killed 6 people because he couldn't get laid. He even made a (really creepy) video about how the day would be his "day of retribution" and he was also part of the Men's Rights Activist group online. He felt like women OWED him sex because he was nice to them. The MRA isn't just for jokes anymore, it's actually killing people. The worst feminism does is make white teenage boys angry on the internet, jfc.

Terribly sorry for going off-topic, but since we're talking misogyny anyway...I hope the girls get well soon and I hope they'll get all the medical and mental care they need to let this go.

Cut the crap out! This Santa Barbara guy isn't WHITE, he is POC! Half Asian, half Jewish. So NOT WHITE AT ALL. Deal with it, and accept it!  It's so pathetic to see comments about those "awful white men" , like it's impossible for POC, and obviously, for "so poor and badly treaten" women to commit a crime! I'm a woman, and I do support Men's Rights Activist group!

Misogyny is awful thing, but making EVERYTHING about women, mysogyny and feminism is even worse thing! 4 of those 6 killed people were MEN, but feminists dared to call them women, just for  the sake of their own lefty agenda.

Why post here about this COMPLETLY not related situation to the topic?

AKB48 and other bands like that are created for entertainment of old japanese perverts, some of those men happen to be not only perverted but also crazy. I just wonder how he could manage to bring this saw with him, if there was like 100 of security. Someone should lose their job!