Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

Rinkaku pretty much triumphs over their 2011-present singles, so they better keep changes in the album version to minimum (I don't mind if Toshiya's clackity-clack sound starts to jump out audibly though)

Am I the only one who hopes for more (semi-) acoustic songs? I think they've pulled that out quite well in e.g. Ruten no Tou and Different Sense's acoustic versions, so I might look forward to such experiments in originals as well

Am I the only one who hopes for more (semi-) acoustic songs? I think they've pulled that out quite well in e.g. Ruten no Tou and Different Sense's acoustic versions, so I might look forward to such experiments in originals as well

dnw, unless they accidentally top mushi with new stuff

As the title means "origins", do you think they will return to their origins with songs like yokan and cage?

That would be a ... very interesting direction, but I doubt it.

As the title means "origins", do you think they will return to their origins with songs like yokan and cage?

No. They pulled the same thing with Uroboros with constantly talking about how it blended the old with the new. How it was representatitive of their entire career of music, etc. Sure enough, anyone that wanted pre-Vulgar material were disappointed because if there were any influences to their older work, it was only there in passing and insignificant to the direction they were going. 

It is possible that they are going about this differently than Uroboros and will draw more heavily from their older material to inform the new album; but whenever the band makes promises like that they turn out underwhelming because it's not quite what they are leading it on to be. Hell, this could even be a lazy attempt at a cash grab for the band if they feel enough fans of their older material don't follow them anymore. That's not out of the realm of possibility; but I'm not so pessimistic as to believe something like that.

They're not releasing an LP version this time, but Blu-spec CD2 for the deluxe limited edition.

From what I understand, the audio quality is the same as normal CD format (16bit/44.1kHz).

I don't know what to say about their new look.. a new look again? Seriously if you don't want to be associated with VK, then don't act like such attention whores and choose for once. And what does it look like anyway? Kisou SM? Horrible! Looks shouldn't be important but this is disgraceful. .. well at least Kyo. I couldn't detect the others very well because the pictures were too small.

Seriously if you don't want to be associated with VK

I don't think they are distancing themselves from vk that much anymore, and honestly I'm v. fine with that

(although toshiya had way better looks in the post-dss era, this one is a huge letdown.)

This look is bad....?

I'm sorry I have to disagree, I know they've thrown a lot of kind of non-committal looks lead if up to it but based on the banner picture on the ARCHE site I quite like it..

I still really liked the Rinkaku look with them in the wheat field and Kyo in that amish(?) wide brimmed farm hat

I agree. The Rinkaku look was beast! I loved it. This one is decent, but Toshiya looks like hes cosplaying a Japanese Hercules and Kyo looks like he's in some bondage wear. 

Toshiya's inflation fetish is getting out of control

They're not releasing an LP version this time, but Blu-spec CD2 for the deluxe limited edition.

From what I understand, the audio quality is the same as normal CD format (16bit/44.1kHz).

Sony's another one marketing shit