Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

Is it me or does mixing/mastering in this DVD (at least based on this preview) suck more than one in Uroboros' Nippon Budokan dvd? (Okay, the bass is more *audible* here but ewww, guitars and drum sounds)

Oh well, I am here only for those *special setlist songs* (Aoi Tsuki etc.)

This band releases more documentaries than actual music, WTF ?

i would actually love to see more of documentaries than live footages .

you could see them live , but behind it , that's something almost impossible to experience .

When Dir en grey first started touring in support of DSS, I felt like the sound on the record did not transfer well into live performances (the first set of festival performances for the album seemed to prove this). The "DSS sound" had such a strong emphasis on bass that on CD and under the right production, it was pretty cool; but these problems are still plaguing the band. Whatever it is they're going for, it can be extremely hit-or-miss. This could be what people are referring to when they speak of the bad production in these previews, and I would have to agree. After listening to Decayed Crow, it leaves me baffled as to why they would continue to push this sound when it has sounded like a mess from the start.

I kinda like those reconstructions (DS and Juuyoku) + Vanitas' Los Awkis ver. WTF is with Dreambox being a lounge song though, haha :D

And now, speaking as a Narasaki-following weeb: did he just hire a power electronics-guy (AXONOX) to do the most of that DC remix arrangement? Oh my...

Does it really count as a symphonic version if you just add strings on top of the original mix?

That idea was always so silly.

Lotus and Diabolos actually sound symphonic though ?.?

I'm not so much into remixes, but some of them sound pretty fine (NOT the symphonic overlays). Love the idea having downy remixing Shitataru.#

They should really stop with that symphonic thing. They're not Dimmu Borgir (not even Matenrou or Versailles, urgh).. and I'm getting more and more worried about the upcoming album....

In general I think all of Diru's remixes are god awful. The only ones that aren't a horrendous mess are the acoustic versions of their songs.

I wish they would go back to the policy they had during The Code of Vulgar[ism]. Back then, some of the new material would be played live alongside the current material. Now Diru is content to stick with their staples and their 2 to 3 different interpretations of said song. I would love to know what the upcoming album is supposed to sound like and if there were some new tracks on this Live DVD it would make it a worthy buy.

Lets see here...Kaoru said that the Unraveling is just a new song and its not likely it'll be on the new album. This means the only singles so far are RINKAKU and STU. Makes me believe that there is going to be yet another single in the near future before November. The gap from STU till then is way to wide not to have one. 

As for this DVD, I like what I'm seeing so far. However, I really wish after this, Die seriously needs to consider fine tuning the sound on his 7 strings. I don't know if its the pickups or his rig but consistently since they started playing after DSS was released, he sticks out like a sore thumb and its terrible. Its sounds like he's playing with an expensive toy ESP guitar. The remixes and stuff, don't bother and such. I was actually wondering when they would drop the actual symphonic version's of the said tracks. Seems as if they planned things out rather clever in regards to when and how they were released.