Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

Can't wait to get a Hot Topic email about it!!

Were their other US releases a long time after their domestic release? 

No. At most a week apart, though I remember Uroboros showing up on shelves on the same date as the Japanese release in Hot Topic.

Yeah The End are decent about release dates and it wouldn't surprise me that they already have the rights to release their new album.

More info about new album "ARCHE" was revealed today along with new promotion picture:

bio_140830_band.jpg

New album will be avaliable in following editions:

Deluxe Limited Edition: Blu-spec CD + CD + Blu-ray (9000yen) (incl. special packaging)

Deluxe Limited Edition: Blu-spec CD + CD + DVD (8000yen) (incl. special packaging)

Limited Edition: 2CD (3400yen)

Regular Edition: CD-only (3000yen)

Read more about the Blu-spec CD format here: http://www.blu-speccd2.jp/

Why VK? Because they're japanese and having some kind of styling here and there? Come on. And btw, I believe Kaoru's intend may have been a greek tunika... so much for that.

And Shinya looks... different... without tons of bebè on his face.

You mean to tell me they have aged over the last 17+ years??? *GASP*

Who gives a fuuuu about how old they look. My excitement meter for this album is off the charts. 

Despite enjoying DSS quite a bit, I always felt a *tinge* of disappointment with it, especially since it followed Uroboros (damn near perfect album imo). Stoked to see what Arche brings to the table.

^ there are bands that looked better in their late 30s/early 40s (aka Dir's current age) :) (even without photoshop and make-up magic).

I think some of us mistook the hair shadows on Shinyas face for wrinkles. I agree though. Age or look shouldn't matter. Sadly this is an ex-VK band... so it DOES still matter.

Come on Kaoru, you can't just roll out of bed and take a pic

I think he's totally rocking it... if he went for a 'modern-day Jesus' kind of look.

However, I have to say, since the remarkable moment of Toshiya shaving half his head a couple of years back, I'm totally digging his looks.

Will there be any song previews or are there some already and I've just missed them?

die looks like some old lesbian tho

im just wondering why am i compelled to agree on this hah ,

i just sincerely hope they do not make something retro or anything remotely close to gauze .

any materials that are extension to what they have been doing (ex: rinkaku, unraveling, sustain) ,

im good to go :) (and kyo looks nice here heh)

preorder is now available at these locations:

CD Japan
Limited Edition w/Blu-Ray (Album, Blu-Ray, + bonus CD) ($86.42 + Shipping)
Limited Edition w/DVD (Album, DVD, + bonus CD) ($76.22 + Shipping)
Limited Edition CD (Album + Bonus CD) ($32.65 + shipping)
Regular Edition CD (Album ONLY) ($28.81 + shipping)

Yes Asia
Limited Edition w/Blu-Ray (Album, Blu-Ray, + bonus CD) ($91.99 + Shipping)
Limited Edition w/DVD (Album, DVD, + bonus CD) ($82.49 + Shipping)
Limited Edition CD (Album + Bonus CD) ($37.25 + shipping)
Regular Edition CD (Album ONLY) ($31.25 + shipping)

They're thirsty for that money. No album artwork, tracklist, or previews yet but they have the preorders up. They must be really confident in this album.

They're thirsty for that money. No album artwork, tracklist, or previews yet but they have the preorders up. They must be really confident in this album.

I find it odd that there's no "Arche-exclusive webpage" up yet (compare: Uroboros promotions which went like this: 1) News about the album 2) album cover (aka "Uroboros-exclusive page") 3) release info PLUS a number of tracks etc. 4) the actual tracklist 5) previews) :(

I'm reliefed that they didn't do a 12000-yen edition for this album. The custom fee and shipping fee I got for those editions of UROBOROS and DSS were so expensive!

Happy they finally included Blu-ray into their Limited Edition! I will definitely go for their 9000-yen Blu-spec+CD+BD edition!

[CD track list]
01.Un deux
02.咀嚼
03.鱗
04.Phenomenon
05.Cause of fickleness
06.濤声
07.輪郭
08.Chain repulsion
09.Midwife
10.禍夜想
11.懐春