Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

Snippets sound okay, albeit still sporting some DSS-ish tendencies...

Hope those distracting 15-sec samples will be available on Friday  :)

DEG has come to a point where I literally can't tell whether what I'm hearing is new or something that I've already heard, lol. Well, it might have the potential to be memorable, maybe... I guess...

It sounds like an-ear friendly, melodic Dum Spiro Spero. I'm a big fan of the samples so far; DEG definitely seem to be going for more memorable, anthemic tunes this time round. I think most people will agree when I say DSS was a very difficult listen in comparison.

I was hoping for something "heavy" but the album doesn't seem to go in that direction... However, I guess we won't know how the album really sounds until it's here...

They all look very good though - they're rocking the Rock'n'Roll look... except for Shinya who still looks like a cutie.

"New song 1" from the Gauze tour is sampled at 2:30-2:57, it's the chorus section though and that's not entirely representative for the track as a whole, as usual with Dir en grey.

that was the most beautiful sample so far, excited to hear the rest.

the concept/narration in this trailer tho...

VQK3k0z.png

yeah that part about the dead grandma got me vibrating for some reason lmao it doesn't match with what I picture Dir en grey as at all

samples sound nice though, still looking forward to hearing the album.

Your grandmother just died? Listen to ARCHE and the pain will fade...

I have to respect this band's management to produce the most cheesy promotions I've EVER seen.

Btw the samples sound.. good. Very melodic I must say. And this time around I don't really think this is out of character.

I very much enjoyed this type of 'teaser'.

Sure, you can call the actual content cheesy and whatnot, but I like that we only got very small snippets of a very few amount of songs.

I wouldn't mind if there's no samples posted until the release... it's always fun going into an album having little-to-no idea what's going to transpire. 

And that first melody is pretty damn beautiful. I have high hopes for this release. 

I really liked this teaser, I feel like they're coming for a very big era with this album. For the DSS era, I felt they kind of half assed a lot of things and toured their asses off, but I think this time the hype is there. Fans are ready to hear what they've come up with. And though it may not be a 100% different change in direction, I think it's going to be enough to make Arche a unique piece in their discography... A lot like how I feel about Uroboros. (Especially since TMOAB was really heavy and then Uroboros had a more ambient feel mixed with heavier tracks, then DSS was really heavy and now I think Arche is going to be more like Uroboros... Which is awesome since Uroboros is my favorite Dir album yet.)

It's fascinating how far some people are actually able to describe the album's music already. Why don't we all step back a little and focus on what we actually know.. and that isn't much, to be frank.

@greatest_dane

I'll never understand that. I am fine with samples, I don't need that whole other propaganda .. it's totally overdone, takes itself far too serious.. it's just ridiculous, and it's sad when people let themselves blend to that. I'd be interested how the responses would be if we only got a few samples.