Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

Still got nothing on their older works.

Maybe I've just got a bias against all this excessive heaviness to their sound now, it's alright here and there but I felt that they never really were locked into such a state of specificness in their earlier albums.

Damn you people sure know how to make definitive statements based off of 10 second samples...

considering they've (most probably) picked highlight moments for every track represented, there's just too little to get excited in the 2nd teaser in comparison to the first.

one sounds like their older albums, made entirely out of single-tier material, another already sounds like dull DSS shit they've grown fond of making at some point.

Not entirely impressed. If they're going for the progressive shit they really need to write something cohesive like Uroboros. If they're going for a simplistic sound they need to write something catchy like the remake tracks on Unraveling. But it sounds like what they're doing is scraping together a bunch of ill-fitting tracks from the last five years of metal and hoping it will pass as an album...just like they did with DSS.

I also maintain that their current look is the stupidest, ugliest look I've ever seen from any Japanese band for as far back as I can remember.

Toshiya. Is wearing. A garbage. Bag.

I know people dislike Uroboros but at least that album was consistent.

Samples sound p. good tootin' to me, I'm still excited.

Waiting for the track lengths to be confirmed now

Damn you people sure know how to make definitive statements based off of 10 second samples...

"that went downhill"

"Mediocre album"

"DSS/Uroboros like"

"Going to be their best album"

"Going to be their worst album"

etc etc etc...

Lol yes this. I have no problem with people making assumptions from samples but jesus some apparently already have it _all_ figured out. What is even more ridiculous is how some people seem to lump Uroboros and DSS together as if they sounded even remotely alike. So far this band has no albums that sound like the other, so with this in mind I doubt this will sound like anything else either. 

If I were to give my five cents, I'd say this is shaping to sound roughly like the post-DSS material they released, mixed with some sukekiyo. However we'll only know for sure how far they'll take it when the album is released and we get to hear what they do with this sound within the framework of an album. Obviously since it's an album it will give room to experimentation which they always utilise to varying degrees. 

As for me, I hate the song and the samples 2. Song was a whole lot of nothing going nowhere set to kyo's awful monotonous croning. 

Samples sound p. good tootin' to me, I'm still excited.

Waiting for the track lengths to be confirmed now

Seconding the latter - seems like there won't be any legit interludes for a huge set of songs like this? (Vulgar had 15 songs and ~no interludes~ too tho)

Just an afterthought but I think 'a ballad' (since netizens say so) as a promotional song is kind of a weird choice from bands like DEG (who usually post "harsher" tunes to promote their efforts, e.g. 'Grief' during MOAB promotion)

I just feel like these samples are so uselessly short lol, it's fine I guess because we are so close to release anyway but at least a couple of these samples seem like they are a very bad example of the actual song..

I just feel like these samples are so uselessly short lol, it's fine I guess because we are so close to release anyway but at least a couple of these samples seem like they are a very bad example of the actual song..

I wouldn't say useless.

i think these do a better job of creating hype and anticipation than 30 second samples.

I don't want to have the entire album spoiled before I'm able to listen to it in its entirety. 

DEFINTELY CHAR'S AZNABLE VOICE

cool, it's seems like he promote the album and launch a Zaku

O_O I think my heart just skipped a beat there.

I never expected Char's voice to cross paths with Diru. Wow, just wow.

I never expected Char's voice to cross paths with Diru. Wow, just wow.

You can't really get much cooler than that. ;3

I like how they are showcasing their Gundam worship there (it's been a while since any DEG member did that tho) - digging that lighthearted touch there :)

(lol @ Die's tacky "vampire" look)

Narration translated:

3年半の時を経ての差新作
A new release after over 3 years and a half
この長い間、彼らは全力でアルバム制作に取り込んでいた
During this long time, band members put their whole strength into the album production
結成以来のテーマである「痛み」と向き合いながら…
while facing the topic of ‘pain’ since their formation…

ニューアルバム、「アルケー」、12月10日リリース
New album ‘ARCHE’ is coming out on December 10th
君はDIR EN GREYというバンドのことを知っているかな?
Do you know about this band called DIR EN GREY?

Idk how late I am on this, but I just saw the lyric video and I actually really like it. It's super toned-down for Dir en grey but that's definitely a good thing. I don't want this to be an album entirely of screaming.