Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

These songs are amazing. 

After listening to Immortalis by Sukekiyo again to try to amp my excitement for Kyo's vocals, and then coming back to these Arche samples, the composition and sound of what Diru is able to forge musically is why I have always loved them so much.  I had a hard time instantly liking Sukekiyo, and was surprised given that Kyo and many other excellent artists were involved, but after hearing new Diru material, it is clear that what these five can produce musically is a gift only they can accomplish.

The revelation of mankind could be digested into DSS era material, but I still was instantly drawn to it and liked it.  No repeats necessary.

I love the song, the frantic parts remind me more of older songs... cant wait for the full version

as for the video, I like PARTS of it, Diru making a disturbed killer PV is always a welcome idea, but the continued shots of youtube pages and imessage screens take me totally out of the mood. Maybe it would appeal if I could read it, I kind of liked the part towards the end where it shows the youtube video of him with the kids after killing the parents and then everything in the video is tagged as "FAKE" and you see the family walking off hand-in-hand

but the parts with him watching Diru lives and the Saku PV, inspiring himself to kill people... seems like a video a fan would think up... based on Diru fandom lol.

All in all, compared to what we've heard so far, I don't think this does it justice, but the song is fucking great

I heard rumors about a leak...??

Well it's now the day before release in Japan, so not sure anything would qualify as a "leak" now. lol

Regardless, hoping this pops up today!

Both songs are pretty awesome. A lot more grabbing than STU and the other track they released a few weeks ago.

ARCHE is going to be one hell of an album. 

LINE members-only contents

Sequel to KODOU. Craziest video ever.

Isn't this more of a morbid, stereotypical presentation of what DEG stans would do (considering guy's bleached hair + him obsessing over DSS AT BUDOKAN TRAILERS?!)? Sure took it long enough from Kondo to finish the "trilogy" here.

The song's okay, but definitely far away from sounding like a proper finale (e.g. 'Inconvenient Ideal' or even 'Ruten no Tou') 

LINE members-only contents

Sequel to KODOU. Craziest video ever.

DEG fans, what's the cohesive plot tying these videos together? (Or is there one)

The golden haired guy was the kid in Saku and Kodou PVs. He was arrested after killing his entire family back then. As time goes by, he has been released from the prison in this PV.

One day, he saw abusive parents punishing their kids which resembled himself in the past, so he taught the kids to do the same thing as he did.

I thought I preordered on time with CDJapan that I should get it today already. It hasn't failed in the past with their previous releases.

What's everyone thinking about this so far?

Album feels a little monotone after first listen. Can't really distinguish which parts I like and what I don't yet. 

I love the first 4 or so songs though. Album starts very strong in my opinion. 

phenomenon is so underwhelming omg!! DSS tea spilled all over, and that short preview now seems like the highlight of the entire album

(it's not bad, though, just not the 2002 diru single material I was expecting)

on track 5 rn, and so far everything sounds amazing and genre defining for 2015-2016 VK tbh

I can already hear gazette appropriating this kind of sound for COMPOSITE MIMEOGRAPHY, or w/e their next album will be titled

I've only given it one spin, but my first impression is that this album contains some of their best as well as worst songs to this date, and it's 10-15 minutes too long. Phenomenon and Cause of Fickleness are the worst of the lot. Disgusting.