Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

Dir En Grey have been amazing for year's and year's, people always complain every time they come out with an album, it's either not heavy enough or it's too heavy or they copied a previous release of their's. Personally I love Dir En Grey and Kyo's voice made me want to sing, they are constantly working and pushing the boundaries of their own music ability! I just don't know what people want from them, I love hearing Kyo sing beautifully and sing something he wrote from his heart! People just want him to screech and scream on every album but when he does do something heavy and full of scream's everyone still complain's. Nothing seem's to impress anyone anymore, I love Dir En Grey and thought that the song preview's were great, give the band some respect every now and then, maybe they aren't "heavy" enough for you but at least give them a chance and base the album and song's on the beautiful singing and not the stuff that doesn't exist that you wish did! Sorry for my rant but jeez people! You shouldn't base how much you like the current release by what the previous releases sounded like and I am done with my rant, goodnight everybody I am tired! Hopefully insomnia will go away tonight! Give Dir En Grey a chance before you judge!

Dir En Grey have been amazing for year's and year's, people always complain every time they come out with an album, it's either not heavy enough or it's too heavy or they copied a previous release of their's.

I just don't know what people want from them

People just want him to screech and scream on every album but when he does do something heavy and full of scream's everyone still complain's. Nothing seem's to impress anyone anymore

give the band some respect every now and then, maybe they aren't "heavy" enough for you but at least give them a chance and base the album and song's on the beautiful singing and not the stuff that doesn't exist that you wish did!

1. People have different taste, ad therefore there will always be people complaining about the newest release. This isn't unique for Dir en grey, this happens for every single band out there.

2. People want music they enjoy, and what they enjoy are different from individual to individual. Simple as that.

3. No, people don't just want him to screech and scream on every album. Again, people want something they enjoy. Some people want something hard or brutal, while others want something soft and catchy. Again, this differ from individual to individual. Someone, or most actually, don't care as long as it's good.

4. Why should people give a band respect, if the band doesn't do anything to satisfy them? I can respect Dir en grey for Missa, Gauze, Macabre, Uroboros and most of their other release, but there's no chance in hell I'll respect them for the abominations that is The Marrow of a Bone, Dum Spiro Spero, the awful re-recordings or their live performances. Why not you ask? Because I think they're fucking shit, and there's no way I am gonna pay any respect for what I consider shit.

Anyway, everything will always come down to personal taste. I don't give a fuck if the upcoming album is hard, heavy, soft, catchy or whatever as long as it's actually good. And that's what everyone wants; something THEY consider good.

Also, a lot of people here have been giving Dir en grey a chance for the past 8 years.

People have been bitching about Dir en grey for as long as I can remember. There's so much controversy over Uroboros and Dum Spiro Spero that everyone forgot what happened around six Ugly and VULGAR.

six Ugly and VULGAR.

Man, I remember someone telling me I shouldn't listen to those two particular releases because they supposedly sounded like Linkin Park at the time. On the other hand though, said person also told me that they liked the band when Gackt was the singer, so there's that...

Tbh, I agree with a lot of what Miku posted. To be fair, the band has satisfied a lot of tastes over the years. Its not like you can't go and enjoy that side of DIR EN GREY that you fancy. Its really as easy as looking it up/purchasing it. This whole "hurr durr durr I wish they were this and such and this new album sounds like its gonna suck durr durr durr" is so played. Have people really forgotten that the band doesn't stick to one particular concept? 

Anyways, I'm very curious as to this supposed controversy with Uroboros. DSS I can understand but Uroboros, at least to me, was a step in the right direction and maturity. The Marrow of a bone, is what got me into them but I will admit that compared to what they've done before and since, it falls very short.

Anyways, I'm very curious as to this supposed controversy with Uroboros. DSS I can understand but Uroboros, at least to me, was a step in the right direction and maturity. The Marrow of a bone, is what got me into them but I will admit that compared to what they've done before and since, it falls very short.

Actually, I don't understand the supposed hatred for DSS. I could use the "I listen to almost every kind of genre" card, but I doubt that's the case either.

Actually, I don't understand the supposed hatred for DSS. I could use the "I listen to almost every kind of genre" card, but I doubt that's the case either.

This is the forum to have that conversation in. This topic is about their new album not about why people did or didn't like the last album.

This is the forum to have that conversation in. This topic is about their new album not about why people did or didn't like the last album.

Fair enough. Still, it's kind of hard to judge what this album is going to be like by the ten second samples that were posted. I want to say that it will have the same atmosphere as The Unraveling EP and the two singles, but this seems to be the album that samples their entire career so far.

^

I'm still tryna wrap my head around why Kaoru stopped using EMG's. Not complaining about his tone but it just seems so abrupt.

On some models dating even as far back as 2008-2009 he was playing with Seymour Duncans. This signature model 7 string used to use EMGs it looks like; but switched to Seymour Duncans. It'd be interesting to see what they're using on this album, and what Kaoru is touring with from here on out.

Funny, I thought he was also using Seymour duncans but it seems as if they're some kind of Stock ESP pickups. There's no SD label on em like Die has.

If that is the case, I'm glad they're both not using SD's. Die's tone still sucks.

Track durations is now revealed (NO longer song this time)

01. Un deux (3:33)
02. 咀嚼 (4:10)
03. 鱗 (4:03)
04. Phenomenon (4:01)
05. Cause of fickleness (3:25)
06. 濤声 (5:31)
07. 輪郭 (5:43)
08. Chain repulsion (2:48)
09. Midwife (4:11)
10. 禍夜想 (4:25)
11. 懐春 (4:22)
12. Behind a vacant image (4:59)
13. Sustain the untruth (4:25)
14. 空谷の跫音 (5:48)
15. The inferno (3:15)
16. Revelation of mankind (3:23)

Source is European iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/arche/id946048367

... Interesting. Well, there's still always the possiblity that that other new song on the bonus disk is a long one.

Yes, there is still a possibility on that, but according to their official homepage, both new tracks on CD2 are instrumental tracks. I find hard to see a instrumental track by DIR EN GREY being +6 minutes

Yes, there is still a possibility on that, but according to their official homepage, both new tracks on CD2 are instrumental tracks. I find hard to see a instrumental track by DIR EN GREY being +6 minutes

Both tracks? I thought only 'and Zero' was the instrumental track.

BOTH? OHP says that "and Zero" is the only instrumental track afaik :o

新曲「and Zero(インストゥルメンタル・トラック)、「てふてふ」に加え、『サイレントヒル』シリーズの音楽を手掛ける山岡晃による「Sustain the untruth」、T$UYO$HI(The BONEZ / Pay money To my pain)による「Unraveling」のリミックス・ヴァージョンを含む全7曲を収録。

Given the fact that Tefutefu roughly translates to butterfly, here's hoping it's some weird sequel to MACABRE? (Given with the long ass title of the original version translating to something about a butterfly and a chrysalis.) /stupidspeculations