zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

IF U ARE TRUELY ONE WITH THE CHILL...cosplay as ur fav vk idol and parade around the forum with fangirl PRIDE

IF U ARE TRUELY ONE WITH THE CHILL...cosplay as ur fav vk idol and parade around the forum with fangirl PRIDE

I'll dress a certain way for the GazettE concert for sure. Look chulo.

I don't want to overdo it doe and look better than Ruki, he be getting intimidated and shit and then won't sign my CD. I want a selfie too and for him to say he loves MH.

I try buying off of your site TWICE for this same item and I'm informed it magically became unavailable (after the full transaction & removal).

Now you're telling me the price has somehow more than tripled in the past month?

http://puresound.co.jp/user_data/sp_artist_product_detail.php?pid=101008044&aid=royz&bck=%2Fuser_data%2Fsp_used_product.php

lol, this is what I get for not purchasing one of the last 6 or so copies that popped up.

(Also, I think the recording is faulty >_>)

I HAVE NO FUCKIN CLUE WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANT BUT FREE MY GIRL PRETZY HE AINT DID SHIT. #FREEUP

Who is pretzy though?

Detective%20on%20all%20fours%20with%20ma

Mysteries and dank meme gifs aside, the idea is that people are too sensitive and aggressive about opposite opinions in general and ordinary discussions become way too restricted consequently, y'know.

---

Off-topic, but it seems like AKB48 has got Koreans raging about their unintentionally "offensive" anti-war imagery - i.e. utilizing 'rising sun' flags, symbolism, tanks, Yasukuni worship etc. Do you guys think VK bands are to blame as well for (ab)using "unintentional nationalist/military imagery, symbolism and paraphrases" in their art and practice? Since this kind of fad didn't really fade away AFAIK.

E.g. MERRY's nationalist gimmicks throughout their career.

Off-topic, but it seems like AKB48 has got Koreans raging about their unintentionally "offensive" anti-war imagery - i.e. utilizing 'rising sun' flags, symbolism, tanks, Yasukuni worship etc. Do you guys think VK bands are to blame as well for (ab)using "unintentional nationalist/military imagery, symbolism and paraphrases" in their art and practice? Since this kind of fad didn't really fade away AFAIK.

E.g. MERRY's nationalist gimmicks throughout their career.

Isn't that pro-war imagery?

Off the top of my head, R-shitei and Gossip have also used the military flag. R-shitei's song, Gyokusai melancholy, is (I think) about a kamikaze pilot going off to kill himself for his country, and it always struck me as being critical of Japan's military practices. If I am correct, they're using it ironically to make a point, not trying to glorify it.

Or I could be wrong and these VK bands really admire Japan's military past. Which would be concerning, considering my family's history with Japanese troops, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the music. *shrug*

Isn't that pro-war imagery?

Off the top of my head, R-shitei and Gossip have also used the military flag. R-shitei's song, Gyokusai melancholy, is (I think) about a kamikaze pilot going off to kill himself for his country, and it always struck me as being critical of Japan's military practices. If I am correct, they're using it ironically to make a point, not trying to glorify it.

Or I could be wrong and these VK bands really admire Japan's military past. Which would be concerning, considering my family's history with Japanese troops, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the music. *shrug*

Exactly what you mentioned about something being either ironic/tongue-in-cheek or genuine in those acts for instance bothered me. I do know that R-Shitei had this shtick of basically tackling a variety of other fads in VK in a bit silly/"dark humorous" manner, but then you have Gossip or specific angura/shironuri acts with questionable dedication towards such -isms.

Sure, there's a great handful of VK acts that have been known for strictly anti-war positioned lyricism (e.g. Gazette, see: "Saraba"), but on the other hand, most vk acts just take this "visual shock"-ideology way too far with potentially offensive imagery and/or "well-hidden" agitation.

I might be wrong of course but wasn't there a case on Tanuki about some ex-vk bandoman who became a nationalist/Yasukuni agitator afterwards? There has been also some serious beef about ANTI-FEMINISM being similarly "suspicious" (I might be wrong) but nonetheless - this is where I usually question myself and my understanding of Nihongo in Japanese music: how would possibly offensive material in unfamiliar language w/ undefined purpose of imagery concern me?

I feel like shit physically and mentally all the time.

I'm not longer interested or passionate about the things I used to enjoy.

I feel empty.... dead inside. I cry everyday.

Maybe life isn't worth it.

Life is very much worth it.

While I can't put myself in your situation, I've dealt with those feelings before.  Please talk to or message someone. Feel free to message me,  and I'm sure there are individuals on here willing to help out as well. 

Things get better.