zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

dunno about being a "weeaboo" but...

first time i watched an anime was 20 years ago (Sailor Moon)

first time i watched an anime with japanese voices was 16 years ago (Noir)

got into japanese music 12 years ago (Ayumi Hamasaki, The Pillows)

began to teach myself japanese, and started romanizing lyrics, 11 years ago

first time i played a video game completely in japanese was 7 years ago (Tales of Vesperia PS3)

got really into vk 6 years ago (exist†trace, D'espairsRay)

opened my lyrics website 5 years ago

i feel old now, thanks

I wish I had the drive to have had these feats by my age. I envy you.

x2 on the sailor moon and Ayumi/Pillows Goodness, hnggg. Although I've been listening to Japanese music for a lot longer. Don't wanna share that info hehe.

I should mention, I learned Traditional Chinese writing from age 4 (though I'm not fluent in that language at all), so that was a handy shortcut to learning Japanese kanji, which is like 90% identical to Trad. Chinese... Pretty sure kanji is the biggest roadblock for people trying to learn to read/write Japanese.

I should mention, I learned Traditional Chinese writing from age 4 (though I'm not fluent in that language at all), so that was a handy shortcut to learning Japanese kanji, which is like 90% identical to Trad. Chinese... Pretty sure kanji is the biggest roadblock for people trying to learn to read/write Japanese.

Yeah i figured. Lucky.

Kanji is my weakness, but so is the order of the sentences. Being backwards is no help at all for an AP English major as myself lol.

As much as I know about the fact that some users publicly notified me about me being blocked in their own MHs, I shalt still retain my role as a person with truly random but at the same time not necessarily tongue-in-cheek statements:

I noticed lately that I have been slammed as a "bigot" or "racist" for merely hinting about social(-related) labels being too politicized in our modern society, even though I consider this to be much graver of a situation than concepts behind these judgments as they are in 2016. Why? In order to adhere to the norms and ethics of constructive discussion that could live up to "bringing us together", people should be able to refrain from charging themselves with emotive rhetoric with no rational substance behind them - no matter what kind of side is in question. Is someone prejudiced towards your ideology, or maybe yourself? Don't give in to accusations in a heartbeat!

Accusing someone for inciting racism, homophobia, and any kind of prejudice proves to be merely useless these days, since we have witnessed how this doesn't necessarily promote understanding and acceptance afterwards but otherwise - your partners in conversation would be more likely to see you as a hypocrite. Why again, you may ask? Misjudging someone's opposing attitude or scheme of things without well-argumented positioning is equally ignorant and "bigoted" as well! Take say, if you are really unable to assess the definition of racism and how person X presents them in their own point of view together, you are doing nothing but invalidating rational aspects of your statement - since racism and other forms of prejudice etc. are very serious judgments: e.g. you cannot say that you "feel that someone or something is racist" - you must thoroughly and constructively state that HOW you motivate your views on something or someone being racist in one way or another. Name-calling is what kids are doing - and we are rational adults (hopefully, lol)!

In case such message is avoided and forgotten in the midst of trending hatred and dislike towards specific cults of personality and/or ideologies, people would learn to actually HATE each other in the near future and jump into the world of politicized social constructs and prejudice blaming games instead of conversating rationally for the sake of redefining exactly what "society" stands for. We cannot necessarily satisfy or please anyone, since the world should be multipolar in terms of nationalities, ideologies, religions, schemes of thoughts. However, making new enemies in an instant out of your pure insensitivity and inability to discover at least some common ground with your "opponent"  is not going to end well, I tell you. Therefore, I personally think we should ditch accusations and judgments for prejudice in overall IF they are not well-founded at all (since "racist" or "bigot" are becoming more of buzzwords rather than social definitions - and no, they have nothing to do with the privilege).

What about me being framed as such? I personally aim (with most of my views) for empowering this message of "actual" equality: the equality of everyone having their own say with grounds provided and without taboo hushing (censors imposed by opposing side or well, politics) or any form of slandering name-calling. This decade will be diverse in the upcoming history books - but how diverse? Depends on how we reevaluate ourselves and our relation towards those with whom we agree and/or disagree. Even the fact that latest events ever since mid-late 2015 have demonstrated how all sides have begun to rejoice over someone's demise and death due to the fact that they represent opposing belief and/or attitude...is disgusting. We are not here to promote futile aggression and privilege superiority - we live here to discuss and understand even those that we may disagree with, as rational people. Let's not give in to "you don't understand"-fallacies either - if someone doesn't get you, EXPLAIN.

The random thought of the day, phew.

As much as I know about the fact that some users publicly notified me about me being blocked in their own MHs, I shalt still retain my role as a person with truly random but at the same time not necessarily tongue-in-cheek statements:

I noticed lately that I have been slammed as a "bigot" or "racist" for merely hinting about social(-related) labels being too politicized in our modern society, even though I consider this to be much graver of a situation than concepts behind these judgments as they are in 2016. Why? In order to adhere to the norms and ethics of constructive discussion that could live up to "bringing us together", people should be able to refrain from charging themselves with emotive rhetoric with no rational substance behind them - no matter what kind of side is in question. Is someone prejudiced towards your ideology, or maybe yourself? Don't give in to accusations in a heartbeat!

Accusing someone for inciting racism, homophobia, and any kind of prejudice proves to be merely useless these days, since we have witnessed how this doesn't necessarily promote understanding and acceptance afterwards but otherwise - your partners in conversation would be more likely to see you as a hypocrite. Why again, you may ask? Misjudging someone's opposing attitude or scheme of things without well-argumented positioning is equally ignorant and "bigoted" as well! Take say, if you are really unable to assess the definition of racism and how person X presents them in their own point of view together, you are doing nothing but invalidating rational aspects of your statement - since racism and other forms of prejudice etc. are very serious judgments: e.g. you cannot say that you "feel that someone or something is racist" - you must thoroughly and constructively state that HOW you motivate your views on something or someone being racist in one way or another. Name-calling is what kids are doing - and we are rational adults (hopefully, lol)!

In case such message is avoided and forgotten in the midst of trending hatred and dislike towards specific cults of personality and/or ideologies, people would learn to actually HATE each other in the near future and jump into the world of politicized social constructs and prejudice blaming games instead of conversating rationally for the sake of redefining exactly what "society" stands for. We cannot necessarily satisfy or please anyone, since the world should be multipolar in terms of nationalities, ideologies, religions, schemes of thoughts. However, making new enemies in an instant out of your pure insensitivity and inability to discover at least some common ground with your "opponent"  is not going to end well, I tell you. Therefore, I personally think we should ditch accusations and judgments for prejudice in overall IF they are not well-founded at all (since "racist" or "bigot" are becoming more of buzzwords rather than social definitions - and no, they have nothing to do with the privilege).

What about me being framed as such? I personally aim (with most of my views) for empowering this message of "actual" equality: the equality of everyone having their own say with grounds provided and without taboo hushing (censors imposed by opposing side or well, politics) or any form of slandering name-calling. This decade will be diverse in the upcoming history books - but how diverse? Depends on how we reevaluate ourselves and our relation towards those with whom we agree and/or disagree. Even the fact that latest events ever since mid-late 2015 have demonstrated how all sides have begun to rejoice over someone's demise and death due to the fact that they represent opposing belief and/or attitude...is disgusting. We are not here to promote futile aggression and privilege superiority - we live here to discuss and understand even those that we may disagree with, as rational people. Let's not give in to "you don't understand"-fallacies either - if someone doesn't get you, EXPLAIN.

The random thought of the day, phew.

I HAVE NO FUCKIN CLUE WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANT BUT FREE MY GIRL PRETZY HE AINT DID SHIT. #FREEUP

I wish I had the drive to have had these feats by my age. I envy you.

x2 on the sailor moon and Ayumi/Pillows Goodness, hnggg. Although I've been listening to Japanese music for a lot longer. Don't wanna share that info hehe.

20+ years? queen! Only a true admirer stands out among the rest, regardless of the initial reactions by rookies to music.

Y u stalking me emms? My body is not ready yo.

I feel violated. in the right ear especially.

No wait, that that was the PSN chat ghost with its haunting feedback.

I'll never tell you evvaarrrrr

You must be that stick up my ass.

The one Zeusy told me to get out of there years ago, remember?

I'm chill as fuh now. suhhh.