zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

How many people do still genuinely care for what Gackt does? From what I've noticed, there's been a massive decrease in his popularity — do new fans in the scene simply not care for him? Is there that general statement of him 'being too old' to do music (he's not old at all, that I am aware of, but surprisingly, there are a lot of people who judge music and musicians by age), and is that a reason of why we're seeing so little of him on news websites, this forum, and the general media?

How many people do still genuinely care for what Gackt does? From what I've noticed, there's been a massive decrease in his popularity — do new fans in the scene simply not care for him? Is there that general statement of him 'being too old' to do music (he's not old at all, that I am aware of, but surprisingly, there are a lot of people who judge music and musicians by age), and is that a reason of why we're seeing so little of him on news websites, this forum, and the general media?

A lot of his declining popularity has to do with not releasing a proper album in a decade. I don't really consider RE:BORN a proper album since it's just a collection of the four singles that preceded it, so to me his "last" conventional album was DIABOLOS...in 2005. Even if we use 2009, 6 years without a proper album is a long time. Prior to DIABOLOS he had a very aggressive marketing campaign, releasing six albums in five years. Then after DIABOLOS he just...dropped off the face of the planet.

Also can't forget about Yellow Fried Chickenz....and all of the stage plays he's grown so fond of...and his countless tours...none of which us overseas fans can readily attend.

I personally don't see the allure of finding it necessary to push an artist off of the face of the planet as a group of listeners full of spite because they do not like an artist's pacing. He has released enough single-material to cover an album worth of tracks, perhaps even two — and there are enough artists that don't release proper material in over a long time simply because their interests might have traversed elsewhere. It doesn't mean we can write those artists off as big jokes just because he, she, or they are representing themselves as humans with different interests, with periods of rest that they are required to take. Another good example for this is X Japan. I seriously do not care how long it takes Yoshiki to write music or reveal an album. It's his choice, not mine.

Certainly new releases are something that can be wished for, but Gackt is someone who has enough material in both his solo career as well as in Malice Mizer that we can live on until something new appears.

I personally don't see the allure of finding it necessary to push an artist off of the face of the planet as a group of listeners full of spite because they do not like an artist's pacing. He has released enough single-material to cover an album worth of tracks, perhaps even two — and there are enough artists that don't release proper material in over a long time simply because their interests might have traversed elsewhere. It doesn't mean we can write those artists off as big jokes just because he, she, or they are representing themselves as humans with different interests, with periods of rest that they are required to take. Another good example for this is X Japan. I seriously do not care how long it takes Yoshiki to write music or reveal an album. It's his choice, not mine.

Certainly new releases are something that can be wished for, but Gackt is someone who has enough material in both his solo career as well as in Malice Mizer that we can live on until something new appears.

That's a bit different though. I must have misinterpreted your original post. When you said "From what I've noticed, there's been a massive decrease in his popularity — do new fans in the scene simply not care for him?", I translated that as "I don't see new fans talking about his new releases or hyped for his new releases or even aware that he exists". Which is true. But I think this is the case because he hasn't released an album in six years.

Instead of pulling statistics out of my ass, look out for the next MH POLL OF THE WEEK. This may give us some interesting answers.

That's a bit different though. I must have misinterpreted your original post. When you said "From what I've noticed, there's been a massive decrease in his popularity — do new fans in the scene simply not care for him?", I translated that as "I don't see new fans talking about his new releases or hyped for his new releases or even aware that he exists". Which is true. But I think this is the case because he hasn't released an album in six years.

Instead of pulling statistics out of my ass, look out for the next MH POLL OF THE WEEK. This may give us some interesting answers.

Well, that was what I meant, I simply responded to your view on it by explaining that I don't understand why fans are so frustrated when an artist takes a while to release material. I just don't see them as machines who can rip out album after album, and I don't get upset when five years pass before something else is released. Perhaps this is because I've been a fan of non-Japanese metal bands who pretty much do the same thing (taking years before releasing new material), so it doesn't have that much of an impact on me. I personally haven't ever encountered any scene apart from Visual Kei where bands release material so very often.

It's pretty interesting how your musical perception starts to change when you begin to treat released records like one whole entirety (minding the flow and coherence, that is), instead of blindly accepting the package just because it has "many banging tunes compiled into one epic set" (favoring sole, possibly strong numbers and totally ignoring the possible fact of clusterfucked, compilation-tier factor of the album).

I might sound like a broken record, but I felt this kind of treatment should be brought up more often on reviews and analyses - seeing as what I am exactly bashing on was something I used to see very often when folks went out of their way to review "widely accepted essentials" (a switch from standard non-Japanese classics to certain "guilty pleasures" a la vk for instance and back helps a lot in terms of "enlightenment").

Just follow the rules, start great conversation, and have fun here. I'm an easy god to please.

Now if you know my other weakness I'm in trouble.

tumblr_nricwkS1UW1snl0oro1_500.gif

why do people always have too fucking make up such lies about me... i don't understand...and plus I DO A GOOD JOB you always say i do!! and now you telling my mom im always on my damn phone!! i cant believe this...this such bullshit..i swear if i didn't need the money i would fucking quit..IM GONNA BE 24 YEARS SOON WHY AM IM STILL BEING TREATED LIKE THIS I DON'T UNDERSTAND and now i have to leave my phone at home like a fucking little kid... ughhhhh i hate people

i wanna fucking move and get away from everyone i cant stand it here..

Once again I'm thinking about to embroider that motif as patch and it would be maybe useable for the shooting. Fuck, I can't decide... :/

I wonder how I should survive the winter. There are 9°C right now and I'm freezing with pyjamas, a jacket and 3 blankets .////.

when it comes to music, I don't get enough metal every year. maybe i should say real metal. cause only count Lycaon and INFERNAL REVULSION is like a real metal band not costinly releasing stuff last year and it was just japan for primary source of music.

After about a year of alternating between twists and an afro, I began my "loc journey" today 〜(^∇^〜)

damm cornrows & plats didn't get any love.

I've conjured up a general idea for a book I'd like to write. I believe it to be unique and not to be existing elsewhere so far. Now the only problem is; where to start?