Spike760

the GazettE

^^ +1

i never thought kai was all that special of a drummer but from BD onward he sounds amazing and in these previews the drum work is really spectacular.

I like overall sound of this album, guitars, drums, vocal, all on point even with low quality short previews. I really don't like Toxic sound.

Without questions they spent some money for this album.

Always thought Kai was the weakest link of the band, and I still think so even though Ruki is doing everything in his power to grab that title from him.

the GazettE - Guitar Magazine 2015.09 - Scans (these are all thumbnails - click to enlarge)

Just Uraha and Aoi. Some comments. Some tabs. And some recommendations from them (lawl @ nickelback)

eGi0iZ5m.jpgkwHtuz8m.jpgrcqdtIzm.jpgqEiumAtm.jpghKLZFXcm.jpg

QzfLDqim.pngcMEhxqZm.jpgbKsOJKYm.jpgZcrGC9Sm.jpgX13hhRCm.jpg

P9YF97Cm.jpg6x3Fj4Om.jpgiyF23Com.jpgctnKDZom.jpguWmrN34m.jpg

Q9anfFim.jpgvExGRRgm.jpgEqawuPbm.jpg

credits - Cerera@JPS

I'd say the weakest link currently is Reita. His basslines don't seem to stand out to me that much except the occasional solo.

i never liked reita's bass work lol the fandom loves him but i forget that he exists most of the time

I suppose one could argue that it's beacause of the musical direction the band is pursuing that Reita's role is a bit downplayed. This was very apparent on Division when Reita was practically replaced with electronics. There was a lot more emphasis placed on using dub step and weird blooms and bleeps next to guitar riffs.

The most recent bass line that stands out to me is in "karasu", which makes sense considering he wrote it (right?.?). I Know from songs like "Baretta" and "My Devil on the bed" (maybe just the intro and solo) that, if a song is written to include more bass, Reita can make some interesting bass lines.

Or I dunno maybe he's just lazy.

I suppose one could argue that it's beacause of the musical direction the band is pursuing that Reita's role is a bit downplayed. This was very apparent on Division when Reita was practically replaced with electronics. There was a lot more emphasis placed on using dub step and weird blooms and bleeps next to guitar riffs.

The most recent bass line that stands out to me is in "karasu", which makes sense considering he wrote it (right?.?). I Know from songs like "Baretta" and "My Devil on the bed" (maybe just the intro and solo) that, if a song is written to include more bass, Reita can make some interesting bass lines.

Or I dunno maybe he's just lazy.

oh true. karasu was one of my favs because of how aggresive the bass line was. baretta is also good, but he was better during their indies era wheras he's totally in the background for most of the alt metal/dubstep era.

Aoi likes Led Zeppelin ?

I'm waiting for the day they will get some inspiration from them :)

Highly doubting that - at least if we look at how minimal is Aoi's role in terms of Gazette's songwriting lately:

Ruki writes most of their stuff - be it the fact that he lets the band filter one or two "non-Ruki" songs into the album, e.g. some BD exceptions. A real shame though, since Ruki too has a bit of "extravagant" taste unlike his fellow vk sophomores (fun fact: Ruki seems to be quite an avid trip hop/IDM enthusiast btw*, especially if we note the fact that he enjoys Massive Attack, Tricky, The Broken Note...), which on the other hand won't sit well with other members in case the band *WOULD HAVE BEEN* ready to open up a bit more on their current influences (aside from being "Slipknot/Luna Sea hybrid" as 2ch metalheads would call them).

Also, speaking of Reita: he might lack technique even now, but I have always adored the way he works his bass tune up (dat treble) and uses it in order to channel some very simplistic, but at the same time very dynamic basslines (e.g. Baretta or SHIVER from newer repertoire).

*source: just go and scroll through his twitter and instagram + see if you can spot a few "song of the day"'s from him :)

PS.

How come everyone forgets this Reita gem?!!!

Reita has had some pretty solid bass lines after the indies era. While Karasu is one of the more noteworthy ones, he's done some solid work on almost every album (granted, on Division, you have 2 watch the MELT live to see/hear it on some key songs). Some of my favs are: Chizuru, Fadeless, Unbearable Fact, Pledge, Nagihara and a few other key tracks in the DIM era, and Yoin...got a few others too. 

He doesn't lack technique, he's just overshadowed or a lot of the tracks dont really leave much room for him to shine imo. 

I liked it for what it was. I mean I pretty sure they dropped a whole bunch behind the production of the Dogma PV so I'm satisfied with this. They'll probably do like they did with the other albums and release another PV later in the year like they did for "Last Heaven" and "To Dazzling Darkness". 

I liked it for what it was. I mean I pretty sure they dropped a whole bunch behind the production of the Dogma PV so I'm satisfied with this. They'll probably do like they did with the other albums and release another PV later in the year like they did for "Last Heaven" and "To Dazzling Darkness".

Last Heaven was exclusive to who bought a music player that I don't remember name, and TDD was for Film Bug 3.

Maybe the future "Moviments" they will bring one or two more PV.

True...they'll probably do the same thing though and someone will upload them on youtube for us. Here's hoping for an "Ominous" PV. That would be cool.

There IS a new PV coming out for a song that's not on DOGMA. 

Remember the talk of the whole gathering of the HERESY fans and such?

what dis??