Spike760

the GazettE

because ruki's voice sounds so much better now. Because of ruki's old singing voice (you know, that high pitch style that makes him sound like a little kid) 

I totally agree. He's made some progress on his vocals. And I love the Decade performances! Like you said it's awesome to hear the same old songs with better vocals.

I hate Ruki's vocals nowadays, but I love his vocals on the early Gazette releases. I think he started getting worse from NIL and on. Can't stand him now.

I hate Ruki's vocals nowadays, but I love his vocals on the early Gazette releases. I think he started getting worse from NIL and on. Can't stand him now.

Old gazette performance of wakaremichi :

Wakaremichi at the DECADE (2012) :

http://vimeo.com/69001783

Now honestly, which one is better ? ;)

They've always been a shitty and uninteresting live band, but if I had to choose I'd go for the first one. It sucks, but at least it has some charm, unlike the newer one which is just boring. Ruki does absolutely nothing for me nowadays, except for annoying me.

I personally hate the older version. Ruki's vocals were way to....rugged?? The older version sounds so much more cleaner vocal wise and instrumental wise. Sounds like a debo ass rerecording. While I do agree that the band has had some what of a bad streak from pretty much everything leading to TOXIC, I do feel like some of the time, Its the popular thing nitpick/hate on them in the J-rock fandom. Say what you will but up until then even with the so-so ness of STACKED, they are a talented band and can make good music (as we've recently seen in Beautiful Deformity) if given the time and creative freedom. A lot of people refuse to see this for some reason.

@ Bear

I feel you on the not exciting anymore part. I won't agree that their early lives sucked, they were an indie vk band after all (prettiness >>>>>>>>> everything else)

His "voice quality" has gotten better, but I'm not happy with his execution. His style, especially from Division and on wards,is IMO flat, boring, and just weak. He doesn't back his vocals with much substance and nowadays his melodies just drag on and on.

I decided to check out a few samples from their Heresy DVD off YT, and is it only me or did they finally learn to handle "heavier" songs without turning them into some unnecessary mess? E.g. MOB 136 BARS sounds really good compared to what happened during the RCE version, and even PUREI AAFFF SAIKOPASSS (guess the song) sounds decent :/

One of these samples btw:

I decided to check out a few samples from their Heresy DVD off YT, and is it only me or did they finally learn to handle "heavier" songs without turning them into some unnecessary mess? E.g. MOB 136 BARS sounds really good compared to what happened during the RCE version, and even PUREI AAFFF SAIKOPASSS (guess the song) sounds decent :/

One of these samples btw:

hmmn i think there's a couple of different things at work here that kind of complement each other and result in this quite pleasant performance.

first of all the drumbeat seems different then before, at first glance kai seems to squeeze in a lot more kickdrum as opposed to the rce gig (and the studio version) although this might quite possibly be just be a difference in perception because of a difference in the mixing, but nonetheless the experience is notably different.

secondly, and perhaps as a result of that, the guitars aswell as the vocals actually fit on the groove and make the overall performance much more "tight" (god i hate that word...). whether this is because of them actually practicing a lot, a different/new onstage monitoring (we can see on pre-/post-2013ish DEG how much of a difference that makes) or maybe just "studio-magic", whatever nobody can complain about any flaw in the instrumentals department as far as i can see.

lastly i think, whatever opinion on the last few albums one has, ruki has improved ever so slightly in the shouting department to just tip over from cringeworthy to "hmmn, that works i guess". additionally they buried the shouting parts of the backing vox (looking mainly at you reita) in sort of speakerphone distortion and maybe a bunch of other FX, making them much more bearable than before. this is also just a tiny thing, but enough to tip this track over, especially with one like this, that has so little (if any?) backingtracks... 

good job gazette

(yeah, i'm trying to hype myself a little for the upcoming album i guess :D )

EDIT: whoa, essay

Heresy DVD medley:

The guy who posted this (and videos above) has a FB page where he is somewhat "ready" to fulfill singular song requests - and who knows if he is the first one to post the torrent with *FULL* DVD

Also, speaking of Disorder/NIL-day:

OMG OMG OMG.

Those lives are just epic, it makes me remember the time i've had almost 5gigs of Concerts on my PC, couse it was always a long time before my official DVDs arrived.

Would anyone happen to know if there's any bootlegs ( or other not officially released live recordings ) of theirs in circulation? Like in auctions and stuff. I don't know Japanese and I'm not very well versed in the whole vk buying culture to actually find out myself lol

Not assuming that it'd interest everyone but here's translation of Aoi's 13th Anniversary pamphlet interview out of pure interest:
( credits; http://versoacabado.tumblr.com/ ) (from Gazettenoura's twitter)

- I want to start with the subject of the band’s 13th anniversary since its formation. For you Aoi, what is an anniversary live?

Aoi: Well… We can do things we usually don’t in regular tours. We get the feeling we want to do something more raw. But more than celebrating that many years since forming the band, it’s a day of challenging ourselves to do something we can’t do usually.

- So there isn’t much of a deep “formation day” feeling.

Aoi: It’s a false statement if I say there isn’t (laughs), but it strongly feels like it’s a live different than the usual. With that, it’s possible to see what’s coming next.

- More than looking back at the past?

Aoi: Yes. We want to show both what we are now and what we were before.

- It’s gonna be like that through the whole thing [the live]?

Aoi: Hmm… We won’t look back to the past that much.

- If you don’t I can’t make this interview happen… (laughs)

Aoi: Hahahahaha.

- To get us started, can you tell us about how you were when the band first started?

Aoi: At the time we formed the band? To begin with, when I joined The GazettE I was thinking “I want this to be my last band”. And since the beginning, they were different than the bands I had done so far.

- What was different?

Aoi: Since when we formed, they already had something like a demo with their sounds, and it was totally different than all my other bands until then. The melody was catchy, and the guitar lines were easy to listen. Most of the indie Visual Kei bands at that time weren’t very easy to listen to.

- At the core and angle, besides originality, they had this tendency of being difficult to understand and it was like they were all over your face.

Aoi: Yes. And I didn’t know much about music, I had no ideals regarding that. But since the beginning, The GazettE had a demo tape with an ideal. That’s what I thought it would be good if I could play in this band.

- You thought you could have certain appeal as a guitarist.

Aoi: hm… I didn’t. For example, I never had this typical guitarist traits like “I can play better than him!”. I couldn’t even play the guitar properly (laughs);

- (laughs).

Aoi: There were many things I couldn’t play, and also I enjoyed catchy and easier songs more than complicated songs. Maybe in that aspect I’m different from other guitarrists.

- I think so. But the opinion that remains about the beginning of the band is the originality, and this honest strive for a technical difficulty in the songs.

Aoi: Yes.

- But The GazettE was different from the start. And for you, it fitted just perfectly.

Aoi: I think so. But anyway, the me at that time didn’t think in a complicated way. I didn’t have a personal goal like “finding myself” in the music. It’s not as if I had no ambition, but of course when I see someone like Ruki I realize how different I am from him.

- What do you mean by different?

Aoi: He’s got talent, and besides that he also studies music deeply. In my case, it’s complicated to do this kind of thing, I can’t do that. That’s why I feel like he’s a real artist. Of course I aspire to be like that, but when I compared the me of that time to him (Ruki), we’re really not the same. I feel like I wasn’t the kind of person capable of surprising others. But now I’m in a position where I’m able to talk about these things in public.

- When you started the band, did you also think like that?

Aoi: No, at that time I didn’t worry about a thing, I just thought that “it’s great that I can play my guitar”. I didn’t compose songs like I do now. I was too naive and irresponsible. That’s why… at that time, while everyone else was composing songs I was out doing part time jobs (laughs). I’d say “I’m off to work!”. Because of that, I showed no ambition, I didn’t want to be responsible for anything.

- It wasn’t a very funny life, was it?

Aoi: No (laughs). Anyway, for me, the easier way to do things was on my own pace. I can’t deny it even now, but at that time this was a band that accepted things the way I could deliver them.

- And until when did you keep on doing things so carelessly?

Aoi: I think… until around the time we played at Budoukan for the first time? (laughs). I just played with my band without worrying about complicated things. But if I became unable to play at the same level as my bandmates…. Anyway, with a box as big as Budoukan, I begin to realize it could end up like thit [He could become unable to play at the same level as his bandmates] and other things.

- Things like, you were not someone like Ruki?

Aoi: Yes. To put it on a simpler way, I realized “I really can’t play the guitar”. And from there I started thinking a lot of other things. That I should compose more than I did before, etc. That I couldn’t keep on moving solely with the band’s feet. That’s why I started thinking I had to study more music and guitar.

- And you started thinking like that after Budoukan. I was thinking it since we started this conversation, but you Aoi, you place yourself so much lower than the others within the band. You have a big inferiority complex towards them, don’t you?

Aoi: Ah… it might be so…

- Is it some kind of regret for doing things carelessly before?

Aoi: That’s because… I keep thinking if only I had worked harder, The GazettE could have gone even further.

- You regret it to that point? Since when did you start thinking like this?

Aoi: Well, that was… Right after we played at Budoukan for the first time? When we became able to play one-man lives at bigger and bigger venues. As it happened, our sound was becoming stiffer. We started doing things with a broader world view, more music that no one but us could do, lives like this or that… And with that, the band started feeling sort of… dull.

- Eh? What do you mean by “dull”?

Aoi: Oh no, I’m only saying that my own abilities weren’t [good] enough. With the band growing bigger, the members’ opinions were getting more strict, and for example when they started talking about complicated things, I couldn’t understand them very well.

- That’s why you found it dull?

Aoi: There was a time I thought like that, but if I think about it now… I only thought those things were hard because I rejected everything. If at that time [T.N: the time before their first Budoukan live] I had understood everything, if I had cooperated and studied harder, maybe I wouldn’t have thought those things were dull, and I could have helped the band move further.

- And when you thought everything was dull, what did the Aoi of that time do?

Aoi: Well… I went out to drink (laughs).

- (laughs).

Aoi: Because of that I had no will within myself to change anything. I just wanted to bitch, and after that I’d draw myself in alcohol. Now I can understand, I can see that I was just distorting things. [Now I understood that] the problem was me, who was uncapable of understanding the band’s opinions. But at that time I would blame them for everything. I would think like “these guys only give me problems, rubbing their opinions at my face!” (laughs)

- Like a child… (laughs).

Aoi: Right…? That’s why at that time after I finished recording I would go out drinking on my own, and the next day I’d go back to recording, and things kept going like that. I wasn’t taking music seriously.

- And, for example, at that time you thought about leaving the band?

Aoi: I did, but… there was that feeling of “if I leave the band, what am I going to do?”.

- Right… And when did that happen?

Aoi: Around… 3~4 years after we got together? No, it was more recent than that? Up until we composed the album “DIM”. It was relatively recent, right? (laughs).

- Before you changed labels to Sony, so it was a relatively long period of time, wasn’t it?

Aoi: Yes. That’s why, the time I played happily and at ease was until the first time we played at Budoukan. After that, the band was growing bigger and bigger, and with that I started thinking those things. And at that time there was also the me who thought about leaving the band but couldn’t do it. That’s why at that time I was always bitching on interviews (laughs)

- That’s cruel (laughs). Certainly the other members could read those interviews?

Aoi: Yes. Then the members were getting distant, it became uncomfortable. But this is because I was bitching like this…

- What do you think the members felt at that time?

Aoi: What they felt…? I would also like to know (laughs). This period lasted around 3 years, I think. I wonder until what point it was just me being cold, at this time when I grew distant from the other members…? This… I wonder, was it because up until our 10th anniversary we never talked [about these things]?

- For so long???

Aoi: Of course we talked about each other’s things, but nothing as private as that. We talked about silly things, but like… I didn’t feel like we were close friends.

- Isn’t it complicated to be in a band in a situation like this?

Aoi: But it was me who planted this seed. Even I can see it myself. It was because of me that the distance between the members started growing, wasn’t it? And then, there was no way to suddenly turn to them like “Hey, what’s up?” and start a conversation like this. It was this kind of relationship.

- Was it? By the way, I already said that before, but don’t you think you only talk negative things?

Aoi: Hm, maybe… (laughs).

- For a person like you to be in a band… in what kind of moment do you feel like you’ve got a lot of self-confidence?

Aoi: Hm… It’s certainly during lives, right? I think the coolest me is the one during a live. But besides that…there’s no other moment. Hm.

- So, what do you think is your strong point?

Aoi: Strong point… strong point… I feel like I’m not someone who has such a thing like a strong point.

- (laughs). There’s got to be one, don’t you think?

Aoi: Hm… strong point… hummm… There’s got to be one, right? I just don’t know what it is. But just because I don’t have a special strong point it doesn’t mean I can’t show my face. For me, who doesn’t have any big talent and can’t do something capable of moving people, I used to think I don’t have to put any effort into things. But now… I think I want to live for these people with talents, to support those people who want to show something.

- Isn’t it something rejectable?

Aoi: Yes, yes. But it’s not like before. For me it’s ok to stay as the base part in a presentation, to do the parts which the talented people can’t cover. Is it ok for me to say that’s my strong point?

- I think it’s a good thing. But listening to your talk, what I think is that you see yourself in a very negative way, and that you see yourself as an audience inside your own band, Aoi.

Aoi: Maybe it is so…

- When you understand yourself, you wake up and start to realize what kind of person you are.

Aoi: I understand that I’m a ridiculously average person. No, I think a little bit lower than average? (laughs)

- And for what reason do you think other people want someone lower than average?

Aoi: People… want me?

- Do the members or other people around you ever tell you “you aren’t needed”?

Aoi: You are scolding me…

- Why do you think I’m doing that?

Aoi: Hum… What’s that for… That’s a difficult question.

- But it’s something important, don’t you think?

Aoi: Yes, it’s very important. Why do people want me… I never thought much about that. And I can’t understand it suddenly like this (laughs). Why is someone like me part of a band? Why haven’t I given up until now…

- Well, let’s suppose you left the band, could you imagine The GazettE with 4 members?

Aoi: The GazettE with 4 members… Yes, I can imagine.

- Can you? (laughs)

Aoi: Maybe… For example, even with 4 people it’s possible to make a band, isn’t it? (laughs). But… how would that go? I can’t picture them doing a live with 4 people. Hum… Hum… But even with 4 people they could certainly keep going. Ah, what can I say… I suddenly feel really lonely.

- I’m sorry for the weird question (laughs).

Aoi: It’s ok (laughs). But let’s suppose, if The GazettE ceased activities, I could think something like “Ah, it’s alright I’ve had enough of doing bands”. And that it’s impossible to create a band like The GazettE again. That’s why… I really want to be a part of this band. Even if sometimes I have thoughts like “people are alone” and that it’s easier to do things on my own… what I really want is to do something together with someone else.

- It’s sad being alone?

Aoi: Right now I felt lonely when I thought about leaving The GazettE. (laughs).

- But at the beginning [of the interview] didn’t you say you “don’t look back to the past”? So it means you understood that this is because you have a really negative view regarding yourself, right?

Aoi: ha ha ha ha ha.

- What I meant is that the past you was helpless. On the other hand, you always sought the band’s ideals. You were always aware of The GazettE’s existence. Even in these things we talked about so far, you were always surrounded by those feelings. What do you think of that?

Aoi: Hm… well… Honestly speaking, I still want to try things and compose with us 5.

- Can you give me more details…

Aoi: As a band, I want us to do things more unitedly. But in The GazettE we have a rule to always leave songs to the care of the person who composed it. The composer goes ahead with the song’s initiative. But I want to make more songs while discussing with everyone. I want to feel more like we are doing this together.

- This is why you came up with the album BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY?

Aoi: Surely in this album we were able to gather songs from everyone, but what I want is to make things even more unitedly. For example… to gather everyone in the studio and compose while we play.

- Like in a jam session?

Aoi: That’s only a suggestion. Maybe… Because I’ve always wanted to do something like that since a long time ago. In these days, it’s possible to compose songs in the computer even if you don’t go to the studio, isn’t it true? Then you just exchange data with the other members. But this is kinda… lonely.

- You want to try something that feels more like a band.

Aoi: I want to try it. It sounds more exciting this way, and it’s also easier to share each other’s opinions and sounds on the spot. In that sense, I think that the feeling that I’m participating in that song is better than if we just share data. It’s probably also easier to get the song’s approach… but since I’ve never done something like this, I wouldn’t know.

- You’ve never done this?

Aoi: No, I’ve never composed in studio. That’s why… there might be fights, but I wanted to do something like this with the band, I trully do. But on the other hand, I’m embarrassed to ask them something like this.

- Why?

Aoi: Well… wouldn’t it be because of all those suffocating things I’ve said before?

- (laughs). But I think there might be other members thinking the same way as you. [T.N.: About wanting to do things more unitedly with the band]

Aoi: there might, right?

- I think Ruki is someone talented enough to do everything on his own. Even if he wasn’t in a band, he’s a musician capable of doing something like an individual and solo project. But he doesn’t want that.

Aoi: I think so.

- If he did, I don’t think he would have thought of doing an album like BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY, or even something as detailed as last year’s activities. [T.N: he’s refering to the 2014 Redefinition Tour, which lasted the whole year and was split into 3 scenes, each one foccusing in 2 albums]

Aoi: I see…

- In other words, I think since last year, The GazettE is walking in that direction you mentioned, Aoi. That’s why I think this Budoukan live in March 10th will be a part of this goal [to inovate]. More than just a 13th anniversary, I think that’s the most important point for the band, don’t you think?

Aoi: It’s something like that. That’s why… For me, at first Budoukan has this feeling of “Ah! I can finally go to the surface again!”. But then it looks like people will think “what are you saying after disappearing for 1 year?” (laughs).

- (laughs).

Aoi: We’re finally not isolated anymore. [T.N.: what he means is that because they were doing a fanclub limited tour for 1 year, it feels like they were closed within a circle, and now with the Budoukan concert they are finally out of the cage]. And after going out of the door we’re in this place called Budoukan. Thus, we have to put into this live all we experienced in this 1 year. I think we’re showing all of that during this year, 2015. Of course it’s also gonna be like that at Budoukan, but also after that. That’s why we have to do a live in which everything has a meaning, otherwise it’ll look like we spent the last year doing nothing.

- And with that in mind, you’ll face Budoukan. Aoi, is there anything in particular you wish to do at this live?

Aoi: Of course there is, but they are all essential things. Like, I gotta play the guitar perfectly, I gotta be in good shape, things like that. But if we’re talking about things from now on, I gotta listen to more music. That’s why I say they are essential things. Those are things I think I gotta do.

- That’s a lot of “I got to’s”, right? (laughs)

Aoi: Yes (laughs). It’s just that it’s different for me, I don’t have much of this “I have to show this in that way” sense.

- And within those things, going to the studio and composing songs while you play with everyone… this is the thing you want the most?

Aoi: This is what I want to do.

- I think it would be good if you could turn this Budoukan into a live where you can begin to see this exciting band.

Aoi: Right… But if we got into a studio now with the 5 of us, I have a feeling I wouldn’t know what to talk about. That’s because we’ve always being exhcanging ideas in a meeting room. Only there’s no musical instruments there.

- You do things while looking at a computer screen.

Aoi: Yes. But it would certainly be more exciting to do that in the studio with everyone. When we’re finally able to do that… gathering sounds while playing in the studio…

- By the way, do you remember the first time you went to the studio with The GazettE?

Aoi: I do! I remember it very well. That was… so fun. Until that day, I didn’t know anyone in person but Uruha, my first encounter with the other members was when I got into the studio. At a random studio in Yokohama, we played together… and after that we shook hands.

- Shook hands?

Aoi: Yes. Something like “I’m counting on you from now on!”. But that was… really fun. In fact, I do remember that time really well. I want to do something like that again, one day.

- It was something very band-like, right?

Aoi: No, it looked just like a teenager cliché actually (laughs).

- But in the same way as BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY and last year’s activities, I think that’s the kind of thing Ruki is longing from everyone.

Aoi: Ah…

- Of course he’s got a strong ideal inside his head, and I imagine that in order to make the band achieve that, there are many situations in which he has to point out what each one’s got to do.

Aoi: Yes. In my case particularly, there’s a lot.

- But the thought of not wanting a band who only does that [T.N.: let’s him order them around] is also very strong. He wants to do things in a way he can only carry on once he has the consent of each one of the members. Even though this is inefficient and requires more work.

Aoi: It really is inefficient, right…

- I also said that before, but of course this [T.N.: the way Ruki conducts things] also influences the band in a way. What do you think about that?

Aoi: For me, the band The GazettE… it has this palanquin called Ruki, and I’m carrying it on my shoulders and making it move. But furthermore, Ruki isn’t only a palanquin, he wants us all, the member’s carrying it, to also be cool. Thus, if I was someone who doesn’t fit in this image, a guy with no sophistication, maybe I wouldn’t be able to carry this palanquin. So for me there’s no other way but to keep working hard so I won’t become that. And of course I want to be part of the band, I want to carry this palanquin. But of course I don’t want to just carry it on my shoulders, it would be nice if I could show a bit of myself too.

[T.N.: This is what he meant with “palanquin”]

- There’s another side who says “If it isn’t me, no one else can carry you”, right?

Aoi: Something like that. That’s why… I want to be part of the band (laughs).

- Right. And I think within the band, the members don’t have such a strong feeling like this.

Aoi: I think so.

- Because of this way of thinking [T.N.: Being Ruki’s puppet], it feels like you are not chasing your own abilites and consciousness. That’s why you are so full of this negative speeches (laughs).

Aoi: That’s a good explanation, if it’s like that I’m grateful (laughs). But honestly, if I compare things now with how it was before, it’s way more exciting now. Maybe because little by little, everyone began to comprehend several things. I also came to understand more about music, and now I have this real feeling that we are doing great music. In the past when we started the band, we didn’t know music to this extent, but we had the will to do something, we strived for something, and to achieve that there was no other way but to fuss around.

- But this is how you start a band.

Aoi: The sound and even the instruments were all messy. Comparing it to now, we learned new techniques and methods to know what shape things are gonna take, what sounds are gonna come out of it, etc… We’ve been active for over 10 years. That’s why… I feel like now we are doing music properly.

- And do you think you are also doing that?

Aoi: I think I have finally reached the others. I’m not just a part of the band, I might have become capable of doing music properly.

- I think you are carrying The GazettE’s essence very well.

Aoi: I…I’m doing it well, aren’t I? (laughs). Well… my ideal was a cooler image than this, not this inadequate guy. I think I gotta work harder on this.

- Another thing, you gotta become capable of saying good things about yourself. Not only all this self-deprecation (laughs).

Aoi: Right… If I distort things I might end up like I was in the past.

- If you learn to accept yourself more, this [positive] self might show itself even more. But of course you have to make an effort for that.

Aoi: If I don’t, I’ll just be someone who causes stress to the other members.

- Hm, and because you are like this, what do you think it’s something you can do? Something that you can do, but Ruki can’t.

Aoi: What would that be… Something that I could do, but Ruki couldn’t. What is it? Whatever you tell him, he can do it. I’m sorry, I don’t know.

- We still have time, think about something (laughs).

Aoi: What is it…? Something that Ruki can’t do, is there such a thing? Not only him but the other members are also like that. If there was something to say about what I can do for the band, I would say it. But anyway, not being inadequate. I think that’s it.

- Can you provide further explanation on what you meant with “inadequate”.

Aoi: For example, during a meeting to choose songs, I could think more about what the band wants. In a sense of thinking more about the band than about myself. Thus when a song I brought in gets rejected, instead of getting angry and pissed off, next time I bring in another song and try again. If I think that if my guitar line gets chosen, then I can put something of mine in the song too. I know these are all obvious things.

- In other words, by putting the band as a priority over yourself, it’s also possible to put your own impressions on things.

Aoi: Yes. Let’s suppose, if there was only one arrangement in the song and we kept just going along the lines the way the composer brought it… there would be no reason for me to be there, right? It would be better to just go home. I’m not talking about just going to the studio, but for example if I don’t like a concept, where can I change it into something more like me? That’s important. For example, when we decided to do Budoukan… if we were a band where someone just goes like “I Want to do it like this” without taking in others’ opinions, The GazettE would be a terrible band.

- I agree.

Aoi: Of course Ruki is someone who could lead in and decide it all on his own if he wanted to, he’s fully capable of that. The truth is the work would get done faster, and the ideal more concrete. But this is not The GazettE. It’s ok if it’s messier, but trying to put something of ourselves into the sound, while we think and discuss it with everyone… I think this is The GazettE. And I’ll do all I can so it can always be like this. I think this is what I’m capable of?

- Yes! I feel like in these 13 years since forming the band, you’ve been coming a long way to realizing the band is more important than you.

Aoi: More important than me… you mean, the me in the band? Because it would be weird otherwise.

- You also said that before, that you think The GazettE right now is recovering it’s band-like feel. The impression I had of recent days The GazettE wasn’t one of a band who gets together for jam sessions. Actually you looked apart, disperse.

Aoi: Ah…. yes.

- I thought it looked mechanic like that. After Tokyo Dome I thought The GazettE was going in a direction where it had run out of that band-like feel. And of course, in the middle of that Ruki stood out as the head of creativity. But I think no matter what, he wants to share it with all the 5 of you accordingly. In other words, the most important is what the other members beside him think aboutt the band.

Aoi: Yes…

- This way, now the band has a theme, and it’s important to look at that in this live. With that, I tried digging it all up, member by member, what kind of thoughts has The GazettE being bringing along?

Aoi: Before the interview was made, I had thought about a lot of nice things to say (laughs)

- I also didn’t think I would be able to talk about so many negative things like this (laughs). But I think this band has good human connections. What do you think?

Aoi: Maybe we’re like good friends… If I have to express it in a few words. We’re not friends, nor family… what are we?

- It’s obvious that you spend a long time together.

Aoi: Yes… It’s a relationship difficult to understand because it’s so obvious? The relationship with these guys…

- What’s up?

Aoi: Hm… Now I’m thinking about many things, but… I don’t know what these people inside the palanquin think about me, but for me…. If it’s not with those people it’s like I’m trying to create impossible things. If it’s not with these people, it’s like I’m trying to do nothing but things I can’t do. Of course in their point of view I might still not be good enough…

- The negativity again (laughs).

Aoi: Hahahaha. Even so, I… It’s like I’m trying to create things I can’t do, if it’s not them. It’s not like I desire other people’s things or the members’ things. Putting this matter in a simpler way, until what point can I face this thing called The GazettE? Anyway, I don’t want to always be enclosured in the band. That’s why I have to do the things I can do. That’s what I can do. But like… I don’t wanna do anything that might cause the members any trouble.

- By your fault?

Aoi: Because it’s terrible when you get told your shape was bad on the stage. So that it won’t happen, I have to think further, and bring into the stage all the things I thought of. I think this is what I can do. Thinking about it now… I’m suddenly teary.

- There really is a tear.

Aoi: Hahahahahha.

- It’s just because your thoughts on the band are too strong. Maybe that’s the main reason why you’re in this band.

Aoi: me?

- The other members know you are like this. Isn’t that why you are together in this band?

Aoi: Maybe…

- This interview today has a lot of negative things about you, but people know you have this side who thinks like this.

Aoi: It’s true. I somehow feel completely naked now (laughs).

via http://www.gazebestfriends.com/

Tells a bit about Gazette's usual songwriting processes and a bit about Aoi's desires/hopes as well

Also, Ruki tweeted about getting a "dangerous/risky song" done...I wonder what's that about.

+

CAgc5hzUUAAfWGO.jpg

Uruha suffering from hangover getting ready for Sound Design Magazine interview avec his studio tour and chattery about his songwriting

@ DIM SCENE live oooooooh mama. The song is such an experience to begin with but I fucking love the way they always trail off on it live with Ruki just repeating the lala's softly...

@ SxDxR ahah @ backing vocals[2], but Ruki sounds like he's having fun here which is awesome