jon_jonz

BORN is disbanding @ 2016/05/26

Once again I feel the same way I felt when Lycaon announced their disbandment. I waited for them for so long to break up and now that they're going I don't feel happy that it's happening. BORN was one of those bands that have been around for forever and they felt like they would be around forever.

... I'm not super in to BORN but it's still strange to read this. I feel sad and I don't understand why.

Can someone translate the official statements? I want to know why this is happening

Formed in 2007

Joined PSC in 2010

2016... they are still indies.

I think they had difficulties to sell and to become really big in order to sign with a major label (look at D=OUT, SCREW, etc they became major quickly after their signature)

Or maybe, their contract with PSC is ending...

It's just a guess, of course.

I've lost my interest for them since VIGOUR... I'm not happy off this but it's maybe the best decision, PSC make them lost !

this makes me sad...i just honestly got back into them..damn like wtf. 

my heart goes out to yaki, shir0 and Elazmus.

i only translated Ryoga's comments cuz his were the most impt. maybe someone else can do the rest?

BORN will disband at Zepp DiverCity on 5/26.

It seemed somewhat miraculous that all this time we've been making music, being supported by fans, laughing together. It's been a time that's irreplaceble.

However, in pursuing our ideals there were also moments where irreconcilable disagreements arose between us. While attempting to refine both our band's technique and aesthetics there were serious clashes between members which resulted in hurt feelings for some of us.

Words like 'I've got no more confidence to continue anymore' have also been traded. For this I feel that I have to shoulder much of the responsibility. I'm also at fault for this happening.

Because if I'm stronger, it should have been possible to continue with BORN. But once the tensions began it felt impossible to return our relationship to what it used to be.

Days such as these continued, and it became difficult for us to devote our minds to music. It then hit me that I envision something quite different (from other BORN members). After some consideration I spoke my mind and suggested that we disband.

All of us exchanged our views on the matter and in the end we chose to disband. This was despite attempts by our managers to dissuade us from doing so. Nevertheless our determination to disband never wavered.

I know that saying this now sounds irresponsible. But this is really important and I wanted to convey these thoughts to you, and for that reason I've written this.

Even though all of us will likely be walking down different paths in future, I honestly don't know if I'll find something more precious than BORN. However, seeking that is the motivation for my life, and so I will walk on.

BORN is my everything.
Because K, Ray, TOMO, KIFUMI, Mio(?) are here that I am here.
Because of our fans' support I am here.
Thanks for all the smiles.
Thanks for your voices.
Thanks for loving BORN.
We'll continue until 5/26, please be with us.

Ryoga

i only translated Ryoga's comments cuz his were the most impt. maybe someone else can do the rest?

It seemed somewhat miraculous that all this time we've been making music, being supported by fans, laughing together. It's been a time that's irreplaceble.

However, in pursuing our ideals there were also moments where irreconcilable disagreements arose between us. In attempting to refine both our band's technique and aesthetics there were serious clashes between members which resulted in hurt feelings for some of us.

Words like 'I've got no more confidence to continue anymore' have also been traded. For this I feel that I have to shoulder much of the responsibility. I'm also at fault for this happening.

Because if I'm stronger, it should have been possible to continue with BORN. But once the tensions began it felt impossible to return our relationship to what it used to be.

Days such as these continued, and it became difficult for us to go about making our music. It then hit me that I actually aspire to do something different (from other BORN members). Eventually after some consideration I spoke my mind and suggest that we disband.

All of us exchanged our views and in the end we chose to disband. This was despite attempts by our managers to dissuade us from doing so. Nevertheless our determination to disband never wavered.

I know that saying this sounds irresponsible. But this is really important and I wanted to convey these thoughts to you, and for that reason I've written this.

Even though all of us will likely be walking down different paths in future, I honestly don't know if I'll find something more precious than BORN. However, seeking that is the motivation for my life, and so I will walk on.

BORN is my everything.

Thanks for your voices.

Thanks for loving BORN.

Ryoga

This is so depressing...you guys could've mended your relationships if ya took the time. damn..

Wow... I haven't listened to them in almost 2 years, so I decided to spin their last few releases yesterday. While they weren't great, it was better than almost everything that came out after DOGMA.

Kinda sudden... I really like the 3 minis they dished out in 2010, their best releases, IMO.

However, in pursuing our ideals there were also moments where irreconcilable disagreements arose between us. While attempting to refine both our band's technique and aesthetics there were serious clashes between members which resulted in hurt feelings for some of us.

Days such as these continued, and it became difficult for us to go about making our music. It then hit me that I actually aspire to do something different (from other BORN members). After some consideration I spoke my mind and suggested that we disband.

All of us exchanged our views on the matter and in the end we chose to disband. This was despite attempts by our managers to dissuade us from doing so. Nevertheless our determination to disband never wavered.

I know that saying this now sounds irresponsible. But this is really important and I wanted to convey these thoughts to you, and for that reason I've written this.

BORN is my everything.

Thanks for your voices.

Thanks for loving BORN.

Ryoga

That's so fucking sad I feel like crying I wished they would take their time, take a pause, come up with another solution than disbanding cuz no..can't deal with this atm

Edit: thanks for translating this hiroki

Sad to hear this. I've been following them since they started. It's always hard to watch a band just get stuck like this and not be able to move on from it. I wish the best for all them in their future projects.