Trombe

D will resume activities & new maxi single "HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY" release

Stepping out of the box doesn't automagically make something good, no matter what Tumblr says. They've always been fairly diverse, but that doesn't make them immune to criticism.

ESPECIALLY after having released 7th rose, which quite frankly, is one of the best vkei albums of the last decade. This isn't amateur hour. 

D has always made lighter (and actually good!) songs; the fact that this one differs from the current trend of VK in terms of sound is not the point. Not to mention even their heaviest songs have been sounding exactly like each other for years now too.

The thing with this song is that it's highly unremarkable, the concept is beyond worn-out and they've proven they can do better than this plenty of times. It gets weird when all of sudden you go from songs like Blood Moon and 風に嫁いだバイラオーラ to this.

It's not bad at all, it's just different from all the heavy releases that are being brought out nowadays, and I think that funloving and lighthearted songs like these are by far overlooked in an era of the scene where everything is supposed to be dark and "br00tal". 

I like this, it's typically D for stepping out of the box and daring to do something different from a much larger clutter of same-sounding bands. That is why they stand out as a Visual Kei group, and that is why they'll always stand out. It's why D will always remain one of my favourite bands.

lol come on, this sounds like SuG or dog in the... pretending to be D. How are they doing anything different than oshare bands with this ~happy positive nu metal~ sound? If you switched out asagi's unique vocals this could literally have been done by any generic vk band signed to pony canyon in the past 5 years. they've even recycled this budget theme from yami no kuni no alice 

Sigh, okay. Whatever. Apparently I am not allowed to like it.

no one said that, but if you're gonna pepper comments with passive aggressive digs while stating this is ~daring~, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect a response pointing out it's pretty much not.

you didn't refute any of the points I made. 

Friendly reminder that D used to do things like this btw

Not to mention songs like Schwarzschild and their first albums and singles.

I really would have prefered them in hiatus for years and come back with a badass epic album full of perfectness they used to have up until 2006 and more or less good until 2011 but I guess I can still dream about that.
I sincerely, sincerely am crossing fingers for this song just to be a mistake or a bad prank and that they won't go on with such crappy colorful stuff. They can and deserve to do much, much, much better than this.

Friendly reminder that D used to do things like this btw

Not to mention songs like Schwarzschild and their first albums and singles.

I really would have prefered them in hiatus for years and come back with a badass epic album full of perfectness they used to have up until 2006 and more or less good until 2011 but I guess I can still dream about that.

I sincerely, sincerely am crossing fingers for this song just to be a mistake or a bad prank and that they won't go on with such crappy colorful stuff. They can and deserve to do much, much, much better than this.

You're overreacting. Are we really going to compare a short preview to their entire catalog now? And why does something become crappy just because it's colorful? Is it bad to be colorful now?

I can't believe people are so upset with a happy song and a colourful look and video. What did you all expect? For them to shift into this whole wannabe-metalcore movement? Thank God, no. They have been received terribly in the past few years simply because they stick to their idea of being and sounding different with every single release and it seems like it's always the same people complaining about this, the kind that can't appreciate "Nyanto Shippo-De?!" for its humour.

I am actually glad Asagi isn't straining himself on his voice with screams and whatnot and sings without too much effort on his jaw. They're a band that wants to perform, they want to release material and during a recovery this happens with baby steps.

Going with Trombe's point of view; if you don't care, don't read. And in this case, don't listen to it. And for anyone who wants a recent masterpiece by D, listen to "Dandelion," it should serve your needs.

You're overreacting. Are we really going to compare a short preview to their entire catalog no? And why does something become crappy just because it's colorful? Is it bad to be colorful now?

You got me wrong. I said since 2011. And it's getting worse. Colorful is fine, different is fine, same than all shitty unknown bands is not.

I can't believe people are so upset with a happy song and a colourful look and video. What did you all expect? For them to shift into this whole wannabe-metalcore movement? Thank God, no. They have been received terribly in the past few years simply because they stick to their idea of being and sounding different with every single release and it seems like it's always the same people complaining about this, the kind that can't appreciate "Nyanto Shippo-De?!" for its humour.

I am actually glad Asagi isn't straining himself on his voice with screams and whatnot and sings without too much effort on his jaw. They're a band that wants to perform, they want to release material and during a recovery this happens with baby steps.

Going with Trombe's point of view; if you don't care, don't read. And in this case, don't listen to it. And for anyone who wants a recent masterpiece by D, listen to "Dandelion," it should serve your needs.

Aren't we allowed to dislike it ? Actually I even feel really sad about it more than I dislike it. They can and have done soooo much better. Ok they can try different stuffs, but why is it that the last good release was years ago ? Don't tell me than in a 7 months hiatus they haven't had the chance to work and produce something much better than this. 

About ASAGI, I'm really confused about this jaw story. If the condition was as serious as he pretended, they'd have been off for much more time. Really felt like self-promotion by getting the fans to go emo, to me. And maybe they needed time-off, they work so much.

My point is, they're gradually getting worse, and this is the lowest they've been imo. Too bad.

I don't think people are mad because of the concept or the genre. Okay maybe a little for the concept since it's been done a lot. But mostly I see they're disappointed because the song just sounds pretty lazy in general compared to what they're capable of writing. And not just for Asagi's parts. The entire piece sounds like something they slapped together, and not took time during their hiatus to compose thoughtfully.

The whole point is is that people are literally mad. You can be disappointed, fine — but to be so upset about a band these people haven't seem to cared for since the last four years? I really can't understand the idea. 

The whole point is is that people are literally mad. You can be disappointed, fine — but to be so upset about a band these people haven't seem to cared for since the last four years? I really can't understand the idea. 

There are plenty of reasons why. Here are a few:

• People can be fans of their older work and not like their new stuff. Bands are always capable of turning around from a slump of bad releases. I am a perfect example with Lycaon. I'm sure you can find a band or two that falls into that category for you.
  • People had expectations of D getting better when they returned only for them to be "worse".
  • People have separate expectations of what D can do as a whole and those weren't displayed in the clip either.
  • The look isn't all that hot and for as shallow as this point is, visual kei fans put a lot of emphasis on good looks. A big part of visual kei is the visuals.
  • They've been recycling concepts and ideas for the longest and some fans want to see D do something similar, but new. This is new but not similar and thus they do not like it.

There are probably even more points that I missed. All of these don't apply to everyone. By generalizing "for" and "against" (or "like" versus "dislike") you're missing the most important point which is that a lot of people do not like this single but for different reasons. Lots of people have expressed why they don't like the previews for this single. It seems less like you don't understand why and more that you just won't accept their reasons.

Remember that music is a subjective experience and how people react to music is just as subjective. If people are angry let them be angry. It's as valid of an emotion as excitement towards a release.

There are probably even more points that I missed. All of these don't apply to everyone. By generalizing "for" and "against" (or "like" versus "dislike") you're missing the most important point which is that a lot of people do not like this single but for different reasons. Lots of people have expressed why they don't like the previews for this single. It seems less like you don't understand why and more that you just won't accept their reasons.

Remember that music is a subjective experience and how people react to music is just as subjective. If people are angry let them be angry. It's as valid of an emotion as excitement towards a release.

Neither is anyone in this topic accepting or understanding why there are people who like this concept and do not mind the colourful looks, lighthearted sound and all other that this single tells us. You are missing the point of where it is acceptable that people can enjoy this, because all that's been said is that this track is terrible and that D should re-evaluate their sound. The people who enjoy this are mocked and not taken seriously. 

Excitement towards this release seems to be unacceptable as whenever someone voices a positive word on this, they immediately get taken down. I feel like anyone who likes this should not be able to enjoy this, because everyone is basically telling the people who enjoy it that it sucks and that there is no other possibility. 

Welp, looks like D didn't learn a trick or two while having a "deserved" break - it's definitely not a MUST to enjoy something they have done to death for many years (see: their other upbeat songs...oh, count Yami no Kuni something in too). Little to no effort here, and this is how I perceive it - certain someone (bb <3) doesn't have to take this personally ;)

And I liked a few songs from their later phases, incl. that Chinese-themed song and Dying Message (lol) :( ("Genetic World" (along with "Neo Culture") will be still one of my favorite post-00s vk albums for sure!)