Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

This actually all sounds and looks really great to me, I've genuinely liked all their releases since and including Nil, even if they weren't great all the way through... So I'm sure im going to really like this as well. Everything seems on point and well thought out. I'm really here for this era.

If they did like a Dir en grey - Uroboros mixed with electronics, but with reaaally solid execution, OhHhhh mann...

The preview video "kind of" hints at that (crossing fingers), but they're really good at showing the fans one thing and then delivering something different. But, putting my hope in the jar!

PY013-Hope-In-A-Jar.jpg

spoiler: it will sound like gazette and everyone waiting for something "fresh" will be disappointed as usual. The chorus from that clip would honestly fit every album they've made since DIM like a glove. 

The visuals and the other shit are just something extra that Ruki is into personally and don't really reflect anything in particular regarding the music, although the possible Marilyn Manson influence isn't too far fetched... unfortunately. 

That said, I like everything they've ever made save a few odd songs here and there. 

I must agree, the chorus from the live clip is instantly typical lol. Although I have to imagine the with a limited octave range, Ruki's capacity for original melodies is probably staying where it is, he just has less at his disposal naturally.

but yeah, GazettE's choruses aren't bad by nature. BD just exemplified how much they NEED compelling, fresh instrumentals to make those typical chorus lines worth it. In Blossom to me is an example of Ruki singing "good/emotional" melodies in his usual style, but it just kind of drones on and on after a while and seems like that's all there is to the song. Just too much cashing in on what they already know appeals to people.

IMO, the past three albums (BD excluded slightly from the list) had a lot of The GazettE creating a pretty straightforward song with not much going on (God, this site is in love with calling everything generic) and relying on the electronic stuff to make the song better or stand out. In some cases it did (Here's looking at you Attitude) and in other cases it didn't.

I don't know if it's smart but I'm taking hints from their setlists and the spot as indication of what sound they're curently digging. The GazettE can make some dark stuff. Not exactly scary or intense but DIM was a good indication of what kind of 'dark' moods The GazettE can do. They have certainly learned how to tease and promote their stuff very well, whether it shall hold true is to be seen. I kind of wish they did what western bands do and drop a 'single' to show us what we're in for and not your 3-track single CD. Either way, I'm excited about this, and I'm curious as to what the tracklist will be like. Hopefully some full length songs and not your typical 3-minute commercial length songs 

Im sure this release will be kind of like "the last chance" for us old fans who havent enjoyed their recent stuff.

And for some reason, im scared... =P

BD was the last chance though. We know the band can still make boss music. DOGMA is supposed to show if the band can use that momentum and make some new music. 

Just checked live reports and most attendees happen to agree with general thoughts around here (even after listening to the whole performance)

E.g. 2ch (I can link if someone's skeptic tho) already hinted that the whole song was VERY DIM-influenced and was somewhat reminiscent of LEECH (with lots of shouting/screaming w/ Aoi supporting Ruki in that ALONE) except with mellower and more melodic passages (there was even a piano break?)

What's the 2ch link?

I was thinking a little bit and there is a slight chance that we may have a Single before Album release, but that's only a thought since there are ''MOVEMENTS''

1st is NEW ALBUM, Second and fourth are new TOURS. There are 6 movements in this PROJECT and it should represent what the band will do this year. There are still 3 Movements left so maybe one of them is a NEW SINGLE??

I was thinking a little bit and there is a slight chance that we may have a Single before Album release, but that's only a thought since there are ''MOVEMENTS''

1st is NEW ALBUM, Second and fourth are new TOURS. There are 6 movements in this PROJECT and it should represent what the band will do this year. There are still 3 Movements left so maybe one of them is a NEW SINGLE??

I agree with you

1st - DOGMA *August*

2nd - DOGMATIC UN *September-October*

3rd (NEW SINGLE MAYBE) *November*

4th - DOGMATIC DUEX (TOUR PROMOTES THE SINGLE) *December-January*

5th - (ANOTHER NEW SINGLE OR SHORT WORLD TOUR) *February*

FINALE (6TH) - (PROBABLY DOGMATIC FINAL ON THEIR ANNIVERSARY 3.10.16 HOPEFULLY AT TOKYO DOME) *March*

This is my guess, and there you have it. The ominous year concludes one year from the day it was announced at the anniversary. These 2 singles could be what they're working on in these 5 months since the album must be close to being complete since they debuted a new song and teaser this early.

spoiler: it will sound like gazette and everyone waiting for something "fresh" will be disappointed as usual. The chorus from that clip would honestly fit every album they've made since DIM like a glove.

That chorus would fit nearly every song they've written.

As for the musical content, I'm expecting what the GazettE has pretty much always done: mid-tempo rock tracks with a few ballads tossed in for variation; but what has me interested is whether they're going to transfer the theme from the teaser to the album, or if it's just marketing. It would be pretty cool with the atmosphere set in the teaser to have an album that compliments it in some form or the other to fit a concept.

I was thinking a little bit and there is a slight chance that we may have a Single before Album release, 

I thought ADORE is a next single title, and it will come out before album as a 1st bowel movement?

I agree with you

1st - DOGMA *August*

2nd - DOGMATIC UN *September-October*

3rd (NEW SINGLE MAYBE) *November*

4th - DOGMATIC DUEX (TOUR PROMOTES THE SINGLE) *December-January*

5th - (ANOTHER NEW SINGLE OR SHORT WORLD TOUR) *February*

FINALE (6TH) - (PROBABLY DOGMATIC FINAL ON THEIR ANNIVERSARY 3.10.16 HOPEFULLY AT TOKYO DOME) *March*

This is my guess, and there you have it. The ominous year concludes one year from the day it was announced at the anniversary. These 2 singles could be what they're working on in these 5 months since the album must be close to being complete since they debuted a new song and teaser this early.

No, the 3rd is propably a new LIVE DVD.

With this new theme and concept, can The GazettE plunge into the depths of darkness that forged the likes of DIM?  Even just listening to the atmospheric tracks on the DIM album painted the bleak, frightening, and hopeless feeling that record was able to translate.

I have enjoyed recent GazeRock (despite all the criticizm they get), and really liked Division (but was not crazy for Toxic - Beautiful Deformity was better than that one in my mind), and know that this band still makes music I usually like.  Their style is fairly predicable, just as the new snippet showed.  I felt like that was nothing new from them, but it still sounded good.

I am hoping that they continue the use of mixed acoustic/electric guitar tracks seen in Reila or Without a Trace, or are able to harness the heavy darkness heard in 13Stairs[-]1.

I'm happy about this news.

I'll check it out as I usually do, but as usual I bet it'll a waste of time. I count 4 awful and 2 mediocre albums from the last 6. In other words there's not any reason whatsoever for me to check it out, but for some reason I'll check it out just in case they've returned to form. Awful.

This is going to be another long break before the release but im used to it ,since i've been listening to them since begining they always tempt to have annoucments even half year before the release so nothing new. What is worse is that they dont even release any previews till like 3 weeks before the official release sadly.

i think BD is their best album (ever) so im excited to see if they'll top it,  and considering the preview i think they just might.

Just a little more Rec.Come in to this world. I haven't started on the lyrics yet.

Ruki via Instagram.

Credits:Gazette Fans

Seems Ruki is working hard

11076205_881252971916530_679535870001236