Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Started Sidonia no Kishi and it looks like it could be something interesting. Wow.

Ping Pong the animation got me a little too. I didn't think I'd want to watch it but I just checked it out and well... I guess I'll at least be checking out the second episode.

The only show I'm watching this new season is The World is Still Beautiful. I miss old shojo classic style storytelling where the main female lead is strong and likable, and I've read the manga so it's the only show I've been anticipating. Thank goodness it's not a reverse harem where it's a bunch of dicks in 1 hole. Just saw the 2nd ep, and it's a mess. Awful pacing trying to put multiple plot points in a rushed manner and that disgusting insert seiyuu music near the end. Why couldn't she sing a hymn instead?

I've been trying to find Break Blade but can't find any subbed releases or no one has done them yet. I'll probably give Atelier Escha & Logy a shot out of boredom but the moe character designs is a bit of a turn off.

With so few shows I'm watching this season, this gives me a chance to check out older shows I haven't seen yet. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure peaked my interest. I just hope there aren't any annoying shonen cliches that kills the enjoyment.

^ Well since JoJo is pretty much the originator of some of those "shonen cliches" I think it would be pretty hard not to find them in the show, you got to keep in mind that it's based on a 30 Y.O. manga franchise that is still publishing new chapters to this day... Just saying. You should watch Mushi-shi if you haven't already, it's one of the other good shows from this season and the first season is really great. Other stuff that seems to be standing out from the rest this season that I would recommend would be Captain Earth and No Game No Life both of which look really promising so far. I also am digging Haikyuu!! quite a bit, but I'm not sure if you are big on the sports anime ;)

And yeah nobody has picked up Break Blade yet :( which sucks because I'm also really interested in it... hopefully some sub group will pick it up pretty soon.

I'll check out Mushi-shi when I get the chance. As far as others go, anything based on LN or related to school even a small part of it, is banned. I'm getting too old for that shit. The more I watch those, the more I feel like my mindset regresses to the adolescence.

Watching this review of Jojo made me interested.

Well then you'll be pleased to know neither Captain Earth or No Game No Life has a school setting. No game no life is based off of a LN that got adapted into a manga that got this anime adaption, but I don't think that justifies not checking it out IMO. So far it has a pretty interesting premise and I really like the two MC's and their Voice Actors, plus I was rather impressed with the art and animation in the first episode.

But yeah I don't blame you for not wanting to watch anything with a school setting, that shit is getting old but I still end up watching those shows because every once in a while there's a gem... For example last year's gem was Gin no Saji which had a school setting (even though it's not really your run of the mill school) but set itself apart with actual character development and interactions that made you care about the characters. but then again it wasn't your typical school series either I suppose...

HACHIKUJI MAYOI NOOOOOOOO ;_______________; whywhywhyWHYWHYWHYYYYYYY? *brb crying all day long*

/so yeah, after 2 months still watching Monogatari Series Second Season. everything is getting worse and worse. i doubt i will be able to handle the last arc judging of where the things are going but i'll try at least. maybe it wont be so awful as i'm expecting.

Btw, it's very unlikely for anyone picking up Break Blade. It's just a waste of time. They took the 6 Break Blade movies and cut them up to 12 episodes with some scenes altered a bit. It's just a movie to anime series.

So I recently started 3 other anime series (in addition to Noragami)...which make 4 shows - odd for me since I'm used to only doing 1 or 2 shows at a time lol.

Anyways, watched the 3rd ep of noragami and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Watched the first 2 eps of Durarura...the first episode left me with a lukewarm impression, as I had no idea where the anime was going. I still have no idea what this show is about (i never read any of the synopsis - really just trying it because sai and saku like it), but 2nd episode is really intriguing. It definitely has my interest so far.

I also watched the first 2 eps of Gundam Build Fighters - and I have to apologize to saku and flame for being so close-minded in regards to this show. As a gundam fan, and as a guy who used to buy Gundam model kits as a kid, this show appeals to me on a number of levels. I originally thought the show who was going to be "gundam for little kids", but it's just light-heared, fun and a refreshingly original take on the Gundam franchise - just as saku and flame told me lol (*bows down*). Even though I'm still a U.C. nut, I'm really really enjoying this so far. (When I saw Ramba Ral aka "Mr, Ral", I couldn't help but crack up).

And lastly, I started off Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by also watching the first 2 eps. I've been seeing a ton of cool gifsets/pics of this series via saku on tumblr, and since both saku and turtels highly recommend it, I figured I'd give it a shot. It's entertaining so far...saku mentioned that it's based on a "30 Y.O. manga franchise" and I can definitely see the classic appeal. ;3

Watched the first 2 eps of Durarura...the first episode left me with a lukewarm impression, as I had no idea where the anime was going. I still have no idea what this show is about (i never read any of the synopsis - really just trying it because sai and saku like it), but 2nd episode is really intriguing. It definitely has my interest so far.

One of the things about DRRR is that it takes you from one place to another while everything is still relevant to the whole story somehow. The synopsis doesn't say much anyway, other than that there's gangs in Ikebukero.

Btw, it's very unlikely for anyone picking up Break Blade. It's just a waste of time. They took the 6 Break Blade movies and cut them up to 12 episodes with some scenes altered a bit. It's just a movie to anime series.

I heard rumors about that but I wasn't sure. If that's really the case then damn, I guess I'm stuck with only 1 guaranteed show to watch.

One of the things about DRRR is that it takes you from one place to another while everything is still relevant to the whole story somehow. The synopsis doesn't say much anyway, other than that there's gangs in Ikebukero.

Agreed! I'm 6 episodes in and I have no idea what's really going on but it's a really intruiging series so far. I just want to keep watching to see all these mysteries and hints be resolved.

Hunter x Hunter episode 125.... Just absolutely fucking amazing! It's been a while since I've watched something that had me sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time covered with goosebumps :D

Did anyone watch the new Attack on Titan OVA? I didn't really like it. The unfitting humour that is portrayed throughout the series is basically all thrown together in one episode and I wasn't really digging it (except for drunk Pixis shooting through a roof and turning into a Titan of course, lmao). Ilse's diary was tons better than this one.

Naw I haven't watched either of the OVAs, and I'm not in no particular rush to do so either... After watching the series a second time I really did come to the realization that the show is kinda bad, so I'm not really looking forward to watching more shit :| I'll probably wait for the third OVA to come out later this year and then get through with it all at once.

I consider Titan a pretty nice show, but it's not "the best thing since sliced bread" such as most of the tumblr anime community likes to make you believe. Or to quote my friend:

The fandom is filled with relatively young people who have mostly seen very little anime (otherwise they wouldn't claim it to be "the best one eva in a million years").

I haven't rewatched the show, but I don't really have any intention of doing so considering I never rewatch shows. I quit reading the manga because it's getting too confusing for me at this point and I'd rather just wait for a second season of anime to be released in a year or two (yeah I'm lazy). I'm glad that Titan at least isn't filled with hords of sexism considering all the females in the show are fantastic characters in their own ways and in no way made inferior to the male characters (off-topic but something that should be said at least).

But yeah, it's not the best show I've ever seen, that's a bit too high of a score, lol.

Not sure how many people here watch HxH and if they are all manga readers so ofc without spoilers, but as much as i waited for the netero/king fight i already know that i will hate the end as much as in the manga.

also that ost was epic

lmao @ there being a minor character named 'Loggins' in JJBA. Many of the character names are funny, but only a few ppl here might know why I find that one to be particularly funny :P

Also, I'll just leave this here. Best 8 seconds of any anime ever :P

There's two parts coming up later which rival that one in greatness

Also forgot to mention - I love the fact that the same dude that voices Dio in JJBA also voices Kuzan/Aoikiji in ONE PIECE. that voice is unmistakable!

I lost track of what I'm watching and for what reasons as I randomly pulled in the likes of Air Gear, and Phi Brain... I think this is a sign I'm watching too many things at the same time.

So far this season I've been the most interested in Haikyuu!!, Captain Earth, and Black Bullet. So far all of them are pretty much what I expected them to be. I also ended up checking Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Ping Pong, Mekaku City Actors, Nanana, Selector Infected WIXOSS and Sidonia no Kishi. All the other ones I've checked out were kind of annoying at the first episode. Maybe I'll watch them later. Also planning on checking Hitsugi no Chaika, and Mahouka, but I think Mahou Sensou in the previous season ruined me as I've totally had enough with magic schools for a while.

So I guess I'm mainly stuck with three series this season, and will be checking out the other ones whenever I feel like it. Still waiting for M3's first episode though.

(I also need to stop following VAs around because this is not going to end well)

Edit: The Gokukoku no Brynhildr opening instrumental is so great.

There's two parts coming up later which rival that one in greatness

I got up to ep 25, but which 2 parts do you mean? One of them definitely had to be when Cars took Lisa Lisa's legs and started playing guitar with them! lol