Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

That's awesome, sad thing is it probably won't air till this fall or winter T.T but I can live with that.. I'm just glad to see more of the light novels being adapted and that they were able to get most of the staff and VA's back to work on it. Like seriously DRRR!! first season has so many amazing voice actors, I partly think that's why it took so for this to happen... just too hard to get everybody back in the same place at once. It's a shame that brainbase won't be animating it like the first season but I'm sure they'll get someone else who is just as talented.

The studio doing it now was actually specifically created for DRRR. They also won't be adapting any of the current novels. It's either a standalone one 6 months after the novels end, or one 2 years after that (which is when the new novel arc starts). I've seen both as possibilities. Not sure which one is right, but I'm at least glad a second season is finally there. Can't wait.

as we are getting closer and closer : im sooo excited for the spring season. its probably the season with the most "must watch" animes in years and thats just the ones where i already love the manga.

im a bit afraid though, because i tend to give up on many animes after some episodes in recent time and i really want to watch all of them :/ would probably be better if they wouldnt be all in the same season

The studio doing it now was actually specifically created for DRRR. They also won't be adapting any of the current novels. It's either a standalone one 6 months after the novels end, or one 2 years after that (which is when the new novel arc starts). I've seen both as possibilities. Not sure which one is right, but I'm at least glad a second season is finally there. Can't wait.

wait so they're aren't picking up where they left off with vol.4 of the LN series? Because that's stupid and I'm totally disappointed now. What's your source for this info? because everyone I've talked to or seen talking about is under the assumption it's gonna pick right back up at the beginning of vol.4 (since the first season adapted vol. 1-3) and really it doesn't make sense for them to skip all that story, people are gonna be hella confused it seems...

wait so they're aren't picking up where they left off with vol.4 of the LN series? Because that's stupid and I'm totally disappointed now. What's your source for this info? because everyone I've talked to or seen talking about is under the assumption it's gonna pick right back up at the beginning of vol.4 (since the first season adapted vol. 1-3) and really it doesn't make sense for them to skip all that story, people are gonna be hella confused it seems...

My sources are the original post from it back when they revealed it (let me find them again), but for all we know this is wrong anyway. I'll see if I can find a Japanese source.

Also, I think it would be reasonable to see them use this as a link between the first novel arc and the upcoming one, so the "6 months after the first season/novel" isn't all too weird. The release of a new arc and anime must be linked somewhere at least. The new arc does start 2 years after the end of the first arc of novels and has people who fought along each other fighting against each other now.

Just checking the English news pages of it already got me "The second season will be adapting the second arc of the novel series written by Ryohgo Narita" and "The story takes place a half year after the first series at Tokyo's Ikebukuro neighborhood, but the broadcast date has not been announced." so really... I guess unless I can find a Japanese source, no one's sure about what it exactly is.

hmm that's interesting... what volumes of the LN does the second arc take place in? I'll have to read up to that point before it airs if that truly the case.

hmm that's interesting... what volumes of the LN does the second arc take place in? I'll have to read up to that point before it airs if that truly the case.

I believe they haven't been released yet. It was only revealed in volume 13 of the original series that it was the novel's last volume. The writer revealed afterwards that the name would change to "Durarara!! SH" for a second arc. That's why I'm saying it wouldn't be weird for them to change the anime to the setting of the second arc. They are catering to the Japanese fans anyway and I'm sure a lot of the DRRR fans in Japan have read the novels.

The second arc starts two years after Volume 13. Making the lead characters about 17/18.

hmmm.. that's weird. I hope they just start with the one that's only six months later instead of two years... otherwise I'm gonna be confused to no end and I'm sure a lot of other western fans will be just as confused. I understand that most Japanese fans have probably read the source material but I'm sure there's a lot who haven't as well, which is why I think doing it this way is really weird and confusing.There's is bound to be a ton of people who are fans because they watched the first season and who have no knowledge of the LN, and in that case they're not gonna have any idea what's happening if they just skip ahead two years and 10 volumes into the story... meh just doesn't sound smart. I really hoping it's a misunderstanding and they just continue where they left off, I was hoping they would adapt vol. 4-6 in this season, I've heard that a lot of good shit starts happening in those volumes.

Holy crap, I frakkin loved today's ep of Gundam Build Fighter. So sad only one more to go. This show is really trying hard to get me back into model building. YOU WON'T GET MY MONEY BANDAI! NEVEERRRRR! But dammmmnn Star Build Strike sure is something else.

I'm actually uber excited for the new Gundam stuff.

I've been in love with Unicorn from the beginning - it's personally been my favorite Gundam series since Zeta. Yeah, having to wait so long for new episodes is lame, but they're worth it each and every time.

The other 2 look promising as well

Quite a fitting end to Kill la Kill.

I feel so weird about the ending...like....I enjoyed it, but it just seems like it came and went so quickly. I dunno. I'm probably just sad to see it end.

props to ryuko for going super saiyan LOL.

I kinda wish the battle was a bit more...compelling but....I know they had to wrap things up quickly, though.

The gamagori scare...I was kinda like WTF HE DIED LIKE IT WAS NOTHING LOL. Thankfully they had some utterly ridiculous, but hilarious excuse for him to survive tho, haha. He reappaered like a bad-ass

That whole date thing with mako/ryuko was kinda weird, but I think if there were any real romances in the show, it would have been really cheesy lol. So I thank them for sparing us.

And gaht dammit, senketsu burning up like that. I almost shed the most heterosexually manly tear ever. :(

Peace out, bro :(

Kill la Kill spoilers below

Ryuko and Satsuki kicking Ragyo's ass: awesome

Gamagoori protecting Mako and apparently dying: not so awesome

Nui finally dying: jesus christ thank god

Gamagoori still being alive and arriving with the same move/laughter as he threw himself out of the building like in the first ep: priceless

Senketsu dying: oh fuck no why the clothing of everyone to die why senketsu i legitly shed tears

GAMAGOORI SITTING READY WITH FLOWERS TO ASK MAKO ON A DATE: I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND I'M SO HAPPY

Finishing one anime after the other one this week and getting myself ready for the upcoming season to start.

Noragami ended fine for an anime only story-part though I do hope we'll be getting a new season. Parts of the manga are too awesome not to be animated.

Hamatora ended with a surprise but it seems it's getting a second season after all. Can't wait. I've been really enjoying the series and I'm not entirely sure why, but I'll take another 12 episodes.

Magical Warfare and Pupa are finally over. While the latter was just 3min episodes every week, the previous remained a clusterfuck till the end. I'm really not sure where they wanted to go with that one.

Kurobasu is ending tomorrow, and I'm sure a 3rd season is also in the works. There's no way there won't be.
Nobunagun and Buddy Complex turned out to be a lot more entertaining than I thought they would. While the first one will surely end with the last episode in a few days, it seems Buddy Complex might be getting the second season treatment like Valvrave got. They're from the same studios and have had a similar flow in the story after all. Liking Buddy Complex a lot more than Valvrave though. Maybe the Siscon/Snivels has something to do with that. They amuse me.

In other words, it seems as if every series I somewhat liked this season is getting another season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also currently watching Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi and went all "I like this guy's voice too much" at one of the characters. I can't help it. Some VAs have voices that just stick.

Well KLK is over and that last episode was glorious. Pretty good ending, I'm satisfied with how Trigger went about it. Now that I've seen it all I can legitly say that it is not as good as TTGL for me, but it got very close! I couldn't really ask more from it than that :D

Everything is ending right now though... I've probably completed almost ten different shows in the last three days T.T and more will be ending over the weekend too. I hope this upcoming season is as good if not better then the last few seasons :D

Finishing one anime after the other one this week and getting myself ready for the upcoming season to start.

Noragami ended fine for an anime only story-part though I do hope we'll be getting a new season. Parts of the manga are too awesome not to be animated.

Hamatora ended with a surprise but it seems it's getting a second season after all. Can't wait. I've been really enjoying the series and I'm not entirely sure why, but I'll take another 12 episodes.

Magical Warfare and Pupa are finally over. While the latter was just 3min episodes every week, the previous remained a clusterfuck till the end. I'm really not sure where they wanted to go with that one.

Kurobasu is ending tomorrow, and I'm sure a 3rd season is also in the works. There's no way there won't be.
Nobunagun and Buddy Complex turned out to be a lot more entertaining than I thought they would. While the first one will surely end with the last episode in a few days, it seems Buddy Complex might be getting the second season treatment like Valvrave got. They're from the same studios and have had a similar flow in the story after all. Liking Buddy Complex a lot more than Valvrave though. Maybe the Siscon/Snivels has something to do with that. They amuse me.

In other words, it seems as if every series I somewhat liked this season is getting another season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also currently watching Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi and went all "I like this guy's voice too much" at one of the characters. I can't help it. Some VAs have voices that just stick.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for Buddy Complex I will admit that it's not as bad as I initially thought after watching the first episode. It definitely became more enjoyable for me later on and the mecha battles are very entertaining as Sunrise mecha shows are known for! but there's no way it's better than Valvrave. Buddy Complex just reeks generic which is my biggest problem with it, now Valvrave also had certain generic tropes here and there but overall it felt fresh and different from the normal sunrise mecha show. While Buddy Complex is all so predictable with what's about to happen, When watching Valvrave it was so out there that most of the time I had no idea what was gonna happen next or what direction there were going towards. 

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi is a pretty good sleeper show from last year, lot's of people overlooked it, and I dare say it's quite under appreciated. Glad to hear you're giving it a chance :)

I feel so weird about the ending...like....I enjoyed it, but it just seems like it came and went so quickly. I dunno. I'm probably just sad to see it end.

I rewatched the ep and I have to say it was a bit underwhelming compared some of the previous one. The action scenes weren't exciting as any of the Ryuko vs Satsuki fights but oh well. Still a fine ending overall.

In other news, finished Samurai Flamenco. Ugh what a shitty series.

^ Hey don't diss Samumenco, That show is godlike! It brings forth all the emotions I felt as a kid watching sentai shows... and it has some good underlying messages here and there :D IMO it's one of the better shows from last year! Don't hate just because it's different :) Hell now a days I'm starting to realize the shows that are different are the ones worth really watching and paying attention to. I will admit that I can see how a lot of people are put off by it though... I mean it is hella trolly at times XD but I liked the trolls and it was even better when I'd see all these ani-twitter fags bitching about their realism going down the drain after the "guillotine gorilla" incident and I was just like; "you didn't really expect that they were gonna just continue the way they were going for 24 whole episodes did you?". I almost anticipated some crazy shit like that start popping off as soon as I caught wind of the sentai squad vibes and inspirations in the first 3-5 episodes.  

Lol. I don't hate on shows simply because they're different, I'm hating it because it is terrible based on its inconceivable storytelling. I don't wear fanboy/nostalgia glasses when i watch stuff that's got something I grew up with, I treat them as individual shows. I'm not gonna go through my reasons for the flaws or dislikes since it'll give me a massive headache thinking about it, but all I can say is the ending of episode 7, which is the appearance guillotine gorilla, is when the show went downhill for me. If they wanted to go supernatural, they should've done that from the start.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for Buddy Complex I will admit that it's not as bad as I initially thought after watching the first episode. It definitely became more enjoyable for me later on and the mecha battles are very entertaining as Sunrise mecha shows are known for! but there's no way it's better than Valvrave. Buddy Complex just reeks generic which is my biggest problem with it, now Valvrave also had certain generic tropes here and there but overall it felt fresh and different from the normal sunrise mecha show. While Buddy Complex is all so predictable with what's about to happen, When watching Valvrave it was so out there that most of the time I had no idea what was gonna happen next or what direction there were going towards. 

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi is a pretty good sleeper show from last year, lot's of people overlooked it, and I dare say it's quite under appreciated. Glad to hear you're giving it a chance :)

I'm not sure what my issue with Valvrave is though, and I have to admit I still need to watch the second season. I think my "love" (if you can call it that way) for Buddy Complex is nothing but a liking for Aoba/Dio and their bond. It's fun to see them go at it. So saying that Buddy Complex is loads better than Valvrave isn't exactly the right thing for me to say. The stories do the same for me, but it's the lead characters I prefer. I liked L-elf though. Interesting one too.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi is definitely a good show. Interesting concept somehow too. I kind of really like the Alis kid but I think that's also partly because he's voiced by one of my favorite voice actors.

^ yeah I'm also enjoying the Aoba/Dio relationship going on right now so I totally understand!

Lol. I don't hate on shows simply because they're different, I'm hating it because it is terrible based on its inconceivable storytelling. I don't wear fanboy/nostalgia glasses when i watch stuff that's got something I grew up with, I treat them as individual shows. I'm not gonna go through my reasons for the flaws or dislikes since it'll give me a massive headache thinking about it, but all I can say is the ending of episode 7, which is the appearance guillotine gorilla, is when the show went downhill for me. If they wanted to go supernatural, they should've done that from the start.

I didn't mean you in particular, I was just saying in general I see a lot of hate for shows like Samumenco just because they are different. I wasn't saying that's the reason you hate it since I don't really know the reason you hate it, because you haven't actually given any real reason as to why you think it's bad ;)

Also I can't understand why you would think it would have been better to go supernatural from the start, I think it benefited from the slow start-up and the unrelated realism at the beginning, and the decision to pull the supernatural elements at that exact point in the show was brilliant... I mean think about it, right when ever they pulled that stunt at the end of episode 7 the show up to that point had already progressed to the point where it was getting old (don't get me wrong I appreciate what the first 7 episodes setup for the rest of the show, and i enjoyed it) with the whole vigilante vs. ordinary bad guy scenario. Let's say they didn't introduce the supernatural or over the top elements to the show for a sec... Can you even imagine how boring it would have been over the next 15 episodes? What are they gonna introduce some scumbag yakuza type organization instead or some other shit? How long would that really last? I don't see it being even remotely entertaining that way tbh. For the record I don't see how anyone who was even slightly paying attention to the show not being able to predict the sentai/tokusatsu elements coming into play sooner or later, there was so many hints and different tell tell signs in the first 7 episodes it's not even funny, no one should have been surprised at that shit.

One thing I found so impressive about the show was you could tell they had a vision for it and they stuck to that vision through and through although the story was albeit erratic in it's pacing sometimes, the main theme of heroism was obviously the main point of the entire show. I would probably give it a 7-8 out of 10 if I had to score it. What's your opinion and score on the show Flame? I'm just curious since you obviously didn't enjoy it as much as I did, but I'm still interested in you objective opinion of the show :)

That's fine. I understand there's a certain audience for this show but after ep7, it became a show that wasn't for me. The abrupt transition of going from realism to supernatural in a matter of minutes is one of the biggest "WTF" moments I've ever seen in an anime. All logic is thrown out the window. I was hoping all everything after ep7 was all just a horrible nightmare he'd be waking up from but my gosh, it kept on going. Only reason why I kept watching it is to see how much worse it can get. Though I admit there were some alien villain parts where I chucked, however as a viewer I felt trolled by the writers throughout. I really liked how it started off as a light Kick-Ass/Batman and the potentials were endless for that kind of setting. Unfortunately, it turns into this. Score wise, it gets 2/10 from me. Not a score it deserves but the one it needs. XD

LOL, that's understandable. I have to agree that the guillotine gorilla incident at the end of episode 7 was so abrupt and sudden that it really was a WTF moment XD I guess I just tried to look pass all the trolling and ended up enjoying it more because I wasn't expecting it to be a dream sequence in the end. Obviously I don't agree that it should be that low of a score because even if you look pass all the troll's and wackness with the writing the base of the show is still quality, but yeah like you said it's not the score it deserves but the score it needs or whatever I guess XD

Finished Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. Pretty good. I really liked the Alis character for some reason. Glad he was in there till the end and didn't disappear out of the series like some others.

Kuroko came to an end too. Already read the manga so I knew what was going to happen but it was amusing anyway. Was it just me or did they slack off on some of the scenes though. The drawing/art was off. Either way, Now we're all just back to waiting for the next season.

^ nice. Alis is a good character, I liked him too :D yeah Kuroko is one of those shows that I know isn't good from a technical standpoint but I just can't help to watch because I get so into the action xD so i guess I can admit that it's a bad show, but I still like it a lot anyways... idk it's weird :|